Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

William Hill's in play betting has gone down again.

Just before it did, it was showing Hull v Southampton at 0-1, even though Hull had equalised.

Managed to get a tenner on Liam Delap to be second goalscorer at 6/1.

Let's see what happens lol

Any comeback on this yet?

8 minutes ago, CheeseHead said:

Any comeback on this yet?

It showed as suspended until about 20 minutes ago.

They voided the bet and gave me my money back!

Worth a try.

I've caught Betfair out so many times with transposed odds. 

To the extent that I'm now banned from their site lol

28 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It showed as suspended until about 20 minutes ago.

They voided the bet and gave me my money back!

Worth a try.

I've caught Betfair out so many times with transposed odds. 

To the extent that I'm now banned from their site lol

I remember taking william hill for a small wedge a few years back. Stoke vs some shitters in a cup gone to extra time, stoke went 2-0 up in ET but the odds were still 50/1 and open. Slapped a fiver on 2-0 and 3-0 and they ending up finishing 3-0 at 50's. Payed out no problems. lol

Way I see it they take a 10-20% sitewide edge, if they're offering odds they should have to pay them out, **** up or not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2023 at 14:40, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Fancy Ricky p for a goal today few quid first 20s and a chunk anytime 15/2 up the blues.

If only he’d nailed that chance first half. I’ll stick with this bet until it comes in, only a matter of time imo and very generous odds generally given the positions he’s getting himself in either from full back or holding.

7 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If only he’d nailed that chance first half. I’ll stick with this bet until it comes in, only a matter of time imo and very generous odds generally given the positions he’s getting himself in either from full back or holding.

I've been backing Ndidi for similar reasons, a historically defensive minded player being played in an attacking position. He's had the chances, just not the finishing.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided to treat a weekly acca as my lottery ticket. 

£2 on every game in the championship or occasionally lower leagues  going with my gut feeling. 

Pretty wild that my first 2 weeks were for £35k and £54k 

The odds of getting 12 footy results is miles better than random balls coming out in the order you need. 

just need to get one right in 17,000 weeks and i make a profit lol

Last one was 4 games off… which isn’t exactly needing a miracle. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

FFS. Someone has hacked my Skybet account, deleted my bank card, added a new one and withdrawn £185.

There was £60 in my balance and they cashed out a season long acca for £40. No idea where the other £85 came from.

They suspended my account and are investigating. Got to get back in touch tomorrow now. 

🙁

The annoying thing is there's no way to make your account more secure. No 2FA and the password has to be a 6 number PIN. 

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

FFS. Someone has hacked my Skybet account, deleted my bank card, added a new one and withdrawn £185.

There was £60 in my balance and they cashed out a season long acca for £40. No idea where the other £85 came from.

They suspended my account and are investigating. Got to get back in touch tomorrow now. 

🙁

The annoying thing is there's no way to make your account more secure. No 2FA and the password has to be a 6 number PIN. 

This is why I don't tend to leave a balance with the bookies - I would always withdraw any winnings 

• Like 1

On 05/01/2024 at 18:43, The Bear said:

🙁

Surprised a withdrawal has been allowed to be made. The card on the account surely needs to match the account holders name. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Surprised a withdrawal has been allowed to be made. The card on the account surely needs to match the account holders name. 

They've refunded the balance I had which was £60. That's great. 

However the acca bet the hackers cashed out for £43 they've just said "ahh nothing we can do" which I'm not happy about and have taken it to their complaints procedure. It was a season long league winners acca bet on the footy. Those markets are all suspended now and they can give me no explanation why it was available to cash out. I have two other accas in the same markets and they are still showing as suspended.

I argued that since the bet was cashed out, that £43 was then in my available balance to use or withdraw so I should be refunded that as well, or at least have the bet resintated. 

Edited by The Bear

On 06/01/2024 at 22:41, The Bear said:

They've refunded the balance I had which was £60. That's great. 

However the acca bet the hackers cashed out for £43 they've just said "ahh nothing we can do" which I'm not happy about and have taken it to their complaints procedure. It was a season long league winners acca bet on the footy. Those markets are all suspended now and they can give me no explanation why it was available to cash out. I have two other accas in the same markets and they are still showing as suspended.

I argued that since the bet was cashed out, that £43 was then in my available balance to use or withdraw so I should be refunded that as well, or at least have the bet resintated. 

What was the outcome with this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

What was the outcome with this?

It was escalated to the CEO guy of the complaints dept and he said I could take £60 now as compensation and goodwill gesture for the cashed out bet, or let it run and they'd honour it at the end of the season. Which was fair enough really. 

I told him I'd let it run.. The bet is doing OK and I made him make sure that it'd be added to my account that it was to be settled as a winner if it came in. Just have to message Live Chat at the time. 

Still no explanation as to why it was suddenly available to cash out when all my other accas in that market have never been for me. 

The acca:

Screenshot_2024-01-16-19-13-27-367_com.skybet.app.skybet-edit.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

It was escalated to the CEO guy of the complaints dept and he said I could take £60 now as compensation and goodwill gesture for the cashed out bet, or let it run and they'd honour it at the end of the season. Which was fair enough really. 

I told him I'd let it run.. The bet is doing OK and I made him make sure that it'd be added to my account that it was to be settled as a winner if it came in. Just have to message Live Chat at the time. 

Still no explanation as to why it was suddenly available to cash out when all my other accas in that market have never been for me. 

The acca:

Screenshot_2024-01-16-19-13-27-367_com.skybet.app.skybet-edit.jpg

That’s good and a nice looking bet, hope you took screenshots of the conversation.

• Like 1