Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

20 minutes ago, Ron Combo said:

Enzo Maresca is a 33-1 shot with Bet365 in the 6.15 at Bath. With most other bookies he's around 20s.

One to lay?

cant beleive there is a horse called that! very random... it is 14/1 on Skybet. So probably worth a punt at 33/1 on Bet365

2 hours ago, Ron Combo said:

Enzo Maresca is a 33-1 shot with Bet365 in the 6.15 at Bath. With most other bookies he's around 20s.

One to lay?

Will start off well, not capitalise on the lead it has, then lose to a total underdog on the final straight... 

Whatever price Arsenal are tomorrow evening lump on. Even at -1 goal handicap.

They are away at Wolves and we have a ridiculous injury list again. Semedo, Cunha, Ait-Nouri, Neto, Dawson all out. Hwang only has 45 mins in him. Gonna be a kid up front and the bench also full of kids again. 

They will be looking to take out their bad week on someone and who better than us who will be lucky to score 0. 

38 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Whatever price Arsenal are tomorrow evening lump on. Even at -1 goal handicap.

They are away at Wolves and we have a ridiculous injury list again. Semedo, Cunha, Ait-Nouri, Neto, Dawson all out. Hwang only has 45 mins in him. Gonna be a kid up front and the bench also full of kids again. 

They will be looking to take out their bad week on someone and who better than us who will be lucky to score 0. 

Understood. Life-savings committed. Looking forward to doubling my worth tomorrow!

2 hours ago, FOXYTALK said:

West brom 5-1 to win away tomorrow. Surely worth a few quid. 

Even as a fully pessimistic fan I think this is a crazy bet, to think we'd score 1 goal is unfathomable 

Edited by Bugg
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Just saw them at 11/2 and thought my same. While I hope we win and on the balance of probabilities West Brom won’t there’s no way they should be 11/2 given our current collapse.

Never been happier to be wrong but Christ we rode our luck.

Thunderball on the horses today.

Was about to lament the fact that all the favourites have scored first today, then Cardiff pop up with a winner to give me a great chance of £200 return if Paris FC beat Valenciennes at home later. 

Also had late goals from Scunthorpe and Doncaster jeep a few accas alive too. 

:fc:

Back with a bang!

Only dilemma now is do I use that bank to go full out £20 max stakes and try and mullah them until the end of the season or they stop me? Whichever comes first.

Hey hey Skybet mother****er!! 

BMb5X5.gif

Screenshot_2024-04-20-19-52-50-513_com.skybet.app.skybet-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-04-20-21-42-58-973_com.skybet.app.skybet-edit.jpg

Edited by The Bear

Banker picks were good today for a change. Only one let me down, annoyingly in a frozen acca just waiting for a £218 return :(

And I had another 5 accas that could have come in if the outsider scored first as well. 

Complete opposite this week, very few underdogs led but the majority of favourites sailed in. Valenciennes, Vizela and Cardiff were the only ones of any value that paid. I had the earlier two but Slavia Prague bafflingly bust one of them. Profit overall though.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Complete opposite this week, very few underdogs led but the majority of favourites sailed in. Valenciennes, Vizela and Cardiff were the only ones of any value that paid. I had the earlier two but Slavia Prague bafflingly bust one of them. Profit overall though.

I had two in on Saturday as mentioned but nowt yesterday. As you said, lots of favourites romping in over the weekend. 

Looks like they've taken it off my mate too. I can't catch a break on this. I'm making small money but seems to be the minute I make any profit it's gone. I just know when I fly in with a load of £20s they'll all lose.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I just know when I fly in with a load of £20s they'll all lose.

Exactly what I'm scared of! Statistically I'm seeing around 1 in 3 or 4 that get the freeze, and then probably half that again that come in. Just takes one bad weekend though at £20s and you're £200 down before you know it. 

I'll probably go up to £10 this weekend though, test the water. The last couple of games of the season though you can get some strange results and lots of goals. So more chance of outsider goals, but also more chance of home bankers losing as they're already on the beach. 

I've had three tonight with my Sky Bet Club and Match5 free bets. 2 x £2.50 and £1. Boro, Farense and Sivasspor.

Edited by The Bear

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

That'll buy you a pair of socks at this rate. 

Yeah, a lot of expensive stuff on there. Reckon I'm gonna pick up a full kit for the little one, only £25. And maybe one of the holdalls for taking on holidays :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Bear said:

Exactly what I'm scared of! Statistically I'm seeing around 1 in 3 or 4 that get the freeze, and then probably half that again that come in. Just takes one bad weekend though at £20s and you're £200 down before you know it. 

I'll probably go up to £10 this weekend though, test the water. The last couple of games of the season though you can get some strange results and lots of goals. So more chance of outsider goals, but also more chance of home bankers losing as they're already on the beach. 

I've had three tonight with my Sky Bet Club and Match5 free bets. 2 x £2.50 and £1. Boro, Farense and Sivasspor.

There's a safer type of method to actually win the bets which is simply back five teams with your 'freeze' team being the first game of the five to take place and then cashing out as soon as you've frozen them. This guarantees no wasted freezes and obviously your odds of a win are much better, but the downside of course is it does take away the possibility of some enormous odds wins. I did it the other night landing Granada at Bilbao at around 10/1 then cashing out the fiver five fold for £42 just for a bit to play with. The cash outs are generally shit though and I wonder if there's actually tonnes of benefit of doing that rather than just backing Granada to score first anyway. I think about 7.4/1 on them leading at any time is generous but it isn't mammoth.

I've got another account ready to use but I'm going to seek a bit of advice on how to not get it banned. My mate has had no email about the account I'm using currently but the fact the freeze icon has vanished off every bet I make tells me that's what's probably happened.

Edited by Dan LCFC