Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

11 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I thought I'd completely lucked it, I did Atalanta on a freeze totally forgetting that I was playing football later. Got to half time in my game and Atalanta went 0-1 up immediately. Ended up being a waste of a freeze. I just need Lanus now to basically make the money I've lost back on this account. Lanus being 1.17 to win the game - will no doubt ****ing draw lol 

I'd cash out but the offers are just insulting. £83 win overall and I'm offered £60 for a 1.17. They're even worse than 365 this lot.

Yeah I agree cash outs are always crap. I really shouldn't have done mine tonight but I've burned a lot of dough this week already trying to get a winner. 

They've won 2-1 but my god. How have they made such hard work of that? They're dreadful. I think my luck's definitely turned for the better here. I rushed the bet because I wanted to get Atalanta on and just threw the first four short priced sides I found. They have recently lost games while priced at 1.17 and 1.50. They're bad favourites. I don't think I'd have had them if I'd looked into it.

We're back in the game with a pot to play with. I nearly had to send my mate another £50.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Lanus 1.17 to win prematch and now the other side have had a red card after 13 minutes. Honestly I think I'm done if this loses. They ought to win it 3-0 minimum.

Lol they won eventually, but I can guess that your face would have been like thunder when they equalised on 45+4 :rolleyes:

I looked at the pressure graph on SofaScore and it was literally their only attack of that 1st half. 

Well done tho. 

• Like 1

Just now, The Bear said:

Lol they won eventually, but I can guess that your face would have been like thunder when they equalised on 45+4 :rolleyes:

I looked at the pressure graph on SofaScore and it was literally their only attack of that 1st half. 

Well done tho. 

I'll be honest I stuck a fiver on draw or Garcilago at 2-1 just for the guaranteed win. I've dodged a bullet there I think. Absolutely awful from Lanus. But we're there, a nice pot to play with and even better, on a weekend where I can actually get on the 3pms because I'm not watching Leicester die in front of me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Just spoke to Skybet chat and yep, been gubbed. Or as they call it a "business decision by the trading team". 

Tossers. All because I made about £400 profit in 6 weeks. 

Need to somehow try and get other accounts. That's my next play. I'm using a mates currently but this'll no doubt have the same treatment after a few more hundred is won.

Bit of a shitter that they banned it on a Thursday too. They've usually been banning people on Mondays so you at least get a weekend to go all guns blazing at them.

• Like 1

I think they probably did ban me Monday. As I said above it was my first actual freeze of the week as early bankers let me down on all my others this week. So I never bothered freezing any that went ahead so as not to waste them. 

10 hours ago, The Bear said:

Just spoke to Skybet chat and yep, been gubbed. Or as they call it a "business decision by the trading team". 

Tossers. All because I made about £400 profit in 6 weeks. 

And this is exactly where gambling regs should step in. Not targeting autospins or bonus buys. 

Target the bookies that refuse to let punters win. If you're only allowed to lose, it's not gambling. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Innovindil said:

And this is exactly where gambling regs should step in. Not targeting autospins or bonus buys. 

Target the bookies that refuse to let punters win. If you're only allowed to lose, it's not gambling. 

I guess they can claim I was 'gaming' their offer and taking more value than was intended, even though freezing big prices is an obvious way to use it. 

No winners, was a great race, but I must say reducing the number of runners, lowering the fences takes a bit of the fun out of it, unlikely to see a big priced horse winning it. 

But the best news is that they all came home safely 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2024 at 11:40, Innovindil said:

Yeah, that is currently banned in the UK isn’t it. 

People just use VPN’s to bypass it. 

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

A £1 treble on today's premier league winners would have returned £462 :jawdrop:

A Palace - Villa double from Saturday odds was 164/1 (Palace 14/1, Villa 10/1).

A Plymouth - Blackburn double was 65/1.

In future, it's probably worth remembering these things towards the end of a season

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

A £1 treble on today's premier league winners would have returned £462 :jawdrop:

That's way too big. A quick Google of pre-match articles puts them at:

Palace 12/1

Villa 5/1

Fulham 2/1

13 x 6 x 3 = 234

So 233/1.

Edited by The Bear

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

That's way too big. A quick Google of pre-match articles puts them at:

Palace 12/1

Villa 5/1

Fulham 2/1

13 x 6 x 3 = 234

So 233/1.

Heard it on the radio and checked it on Flashscore before I posted and looks right if you take the BetMGM odds for Palace and the Ladbrokes odds for the Villa and Fulham wins. Not sure what bookies specifically they were talking about when they mentioned those treble odds but looking at those below it seems plausible.

Screenshot_20240415_065322_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.dbd66b83ff6cfc2524918a1bd67972d1.jpg

Screenshot_20240415_065312_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.f9ac12a816ecdd1e70e64357a44230af.jpg

Screenshot_20240415_065335_Flashscore.thumb.jpg.6bfc7ec9ed43ae1252d50a636c694e02.jpg

Edited by Nalis

Got to laugh at Sunday - one of those where the underdogs did 'too' well, not only did most of them take the lead but loads of them held on for the win, meaning the accumulator win eluded me. Six attempts and no winners, from three landed underdogs as well.

Liverpool must be about the best team you can have in this. They go behind what feels like every game and they're obviously going to be at a big price.

I've always been anti cash out but I don't really see a load of harm in using this method to just get a quick winner on the freeze as well. Naturally the offers they'll make you will take the piss. My mate needed Chelsea tonight for £130 and was offered £88 when they were 1-0 up!!

Although my god he was lucky. He'd used all his freezes and somehow got away with it on both Villa and Palace. Ridiculously lucky.

Infact how the **** has he not only done that but managed to avoid the obvious acca fillers of Arsenal, Liverpool, Rangers, Inter and Real Sociedad - all of whom didn't win at about 1.20 or shorter lol that's disgustingly good luck.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Haha 1