Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Keith Gillespie

Would You Have Him Back?  

85 members have voted

1. 1. On a Free Transfer For a Year?

• Yes
    • No

????

We need a new right winger for not alot of money.

I'm unsure because I always remember him cutting inside all the time and running horizontally rather than down the wings. This could have something to do with CL's lack of contorl and Gillespie has proved under NW that he can cross a ball and get a few assists.

I thought at the time that getting rid of him may be premature and he certainly offers more than Sylla but I wouldn't go back.

I've seen better young players in various reserve team's this season so there are people out there. And don't discount Porter in right midfield.

He made City's goal again last night and is a natural winger who is now adapting well to midfield. He's already a better footballer than Sylla but there may be still better options around with patience...and in the right age group (18-25-ish).

If we are going to develop a young team let's do just that. Let's not bog them down with pedestrian golden oldies. We've been down that road with Dublin, DeVries and others pre-Levein. It did us no good.

Appreciating assets are a better bet than fading names. They usually have more energy, desire and willingness to learn and improve than players on the way down.

I thought at the time that getting rid of him may be premature and he certainly offers more than Sylla but I wouldn't go back.

I've seen better young players in various reserve team's this season so there are people out there. And don't discount Porter in right midfield.

He made City's goal again last night and is a natural winger who is now adapting well to midfield. He's already a better footballer than Sylla but there may be still better options around with patience...and in the right age group (18-25-ish).

If we are going to develop a young team let's do just that. Let's not bog them down with pedestrian golden oldies. We've been down that road with Dublin, DeVries and others pre-Levein. It did us no good.

Appreciating assets are a better bet than fading names. They usually have more energy, desire and willingness to learn and improve than players on the way down.

:thumbup:

Why do people keep asking or suggesting we should get explayers/managers back.

Onwards & upwards fresh new blood is what we want.

Nostalgia's one thing but this is becoming an obsession.

Providing we could afford his wages then yes, i still can't understand why we let him go i can't imagine Sheff U paying him more than we Sylla.

have you ever thought he might not have wanted to stay at the club? and instead wanted a fresh start

I'm unsure because I always remember him cutting inside all the time and running horizontally rather than down the wings. This could have something to do with CL's lack of contorl and Gillespie has proved under NW that he can cross a ball and get a few assists.

I wouldn't take him back. He didn't/doesn't have the pace anymore to beat players regularly on the outside to deliver crosses, hence why he relied on the easy option of cutting inside. Despite the improvement in his performances under Levein, I tend to think his effect was overly exaggerated. He can still do it from time to time, but as mentioned, we must look forward and not back.

have you ever thought he might not have wanted to stay at the club? and instead wanted a fresh start

hmmmm no actually i didn't but having said that, with the La Manga incident he may have wanted a fresh start, even if he had been well and truely cleared by then, it may have been a deciding factor i suppose. :thumbup:

Archived