Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Stig

Mickey Adams signings

Thatcher

Thatcher was a good buy, you can't say Bent and Ferdinand didnt do their jobs well while they were here. Stephan Freund should of been signed a bit sooner... overall you'd have to say he didn't do that badly in the transfere market. It just three of four stupid buys ( mainly at the back, Howey, Dabizas, Curtis the major culprits ) and not learning from his mistakes that cost Micky really.

IMO he did a amasingly good job a getting players that were good enough to keep us up and create/score goals in the prem. He just ballsed it with filling the back line full of crap.

dont forget he also did a really good job as when we went in to the premiership hea had very little money to spend, and we still had a good go at staying up, if we had more money he probably would have bought less 30+ aged players

Thatcher was a good buy, you can't say Bent and Ferdinand didnt do their jobs well while they were here. Stephan Freund should of been signed a bit sooner... overall you'd have to say he didn't do that badly in the transfere market. It just three of four stupid buys ( mainly at the back, Howey, Dabizas, Curtis the major culprits ) and not learning from his mistakes that cost Micky really.

IMO he did a amasingly good job a getting players that were good enough to keep us up and create/score goals in the prem. He just ballsed it with filling the back line full of crap.

His defensive signings were poor, also we always seemed to let goals in the last 10 minutes, probably duo to the age of his team!!!

I still can't believe Mickey Adams signed Stephan Freund instead of signing Nigel Reo-Coker when he had the chance. Mk Dons wanted £500,000 for Reo Coker and McAnuff but Adams viewed this as too expensive, and off both players went to West Ham. Why did he never sign Jason Roberts and Bobby Zamora when he was meant to? IMO Adams made some bloody awful signings and decisions!

I still can't believe Mickey Adams signed Stephan Freund instead of signing Nigel Reo-Coker when he had the chance. Mk Dons wanted £500,000 for Reo Coker and McAnuff but Adams viewed this as too expensive, and off both players went to West Ham. Why did he never sign Jason Roberts and Bobby Zamora when he was meant to? IMO Adams made some bloody awful signings and decisions!

i remember thinking we were getting Zamara from Brighton and he would be great for us. look where Reo Coker is now, and McAnuff is some player too definite prem ability. a shame we never got these players and had to stick with Dabizas and Dennis Wise :mad:

It's oh so easy to criticise Micky Adams signings in hindsight. The reason he didn't sign the players mentioned is because he never had any money to buy them. And when you consider that he was trying to get promotion and then remain in the top flight on twopence halfpenny it stands to reason things weren't going to be all rosy.

He also bummed Matt Heath.

Billy McKinlay done a sound job in our midfield. Lennon styke, nowt fancy but a battler and we were solid, he was just getting on a bit though. Good signing!

He was awesome, and played for nothing to start with!

I actually think that could we have afforded him Freund was a diamond, he really played his heart out in the relegation year, unlike may so called stalwarts... I loved him..where is he now?

i remember thinking we were getting Zamara from Brighton and he would be great for us. look where Reo Coker is now, and McAnuff is some player too definite prem ability. a shame we never got these players and had to stick with Dabizas and Dennis Wise :mad:

wise was a PT signing

Archived