Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Rooney to miss world cup?

I bet Svens regretting not playing Bent and Defoe etc more in the friendlies, the guys needed International experience in case of what has now happened to Rooney, this just highlights Svens poor management of what is probably the most talented team for years. Should Rooney miss out completely i'd have to give Darren Bent the chance, he's done wonders for Charlton this year but i'm annoyed at Sven for not providing him with enough games at International Level.

I bet Svens regretting not playing Bent and Defoe etc more in the friendlies, the guys needed International experience in case of what has now happened to Rooney, this just highlights Svens poor management of what is probably the most talented team for years. Should Rooney miss out completely i'd have to give Darren Bent the chance, he's done wonders for Charlton this year but i'm annoyed at Sven for not providing him with enough games at International Level.

Exactly!!!

been saying that for years!! that is what friendlys are for but Sven has never used them for that

as for Rooney I would still take the lad imo he really is worth the gamble England SHOULD be able to get through the group stages without him and then he will be able to return in the knockout stages and lead us to glory!!!

I'd go with that! :thumbup:

I don't think Joe Cole is a striker, however I would play him as a attacking left sided player.

If Downing gets anywhere near the England team I'll be angry, he has been awful for Boro since he has come back...his crossing especially has been dreadful.

---------------Robinson-----------

--Neville----Terry--Rio-----Cole

-Becks--Gerrard---Lampard-Downing

-------------Defoe--Cole------------

---------------Robinson-----------

--Neville----Terry--Rio-----Cole

-Lennon-------Carrick-------Gerrard

---------------Lampard-----------------

-------------Harewood--Cole--------------

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

One other big problem is both of you (and every sensible fan) has put A. Cole at left back. Problem is he's not played this year!! And still isn't fit!!!

God, I'm just getting depressed about the summer now!!! :cry:

I think if Owen and Rooney are doubtful James Beattie is a must in the squad and I'd even start him. Don't get me wrong I'm not a huge fan but he's got the ability to do it at the highest level now's his chance we've got to throw him in at the deep end.

but can he though?

for 12months at Everton he was a sack of shi te, couldn't hit a barn door and has only performed in the second half of this season and he only had one good season at Southampton! bit overated imo

but can he though?

for 12months at Everton he was a sack of shi te, couldn't hit a barn door and has only performed in the second half of this season and he only had one good season at Southampton! bit overated imo

True and like I said I'm no massive fan but look at the alternatives. Bent has been good for one season. Crouch very hit and miss just like Defoe. Andy Johnson - No thanks.

To be fair, 6 weeks is a let off, He may not be able to play the first few games but the games we would need him would be Brazil etc

Yeah but from what they were saying on SSn this morning, of all the metatarsal injuries since Beckham's the quickest return to play was Beckham at 7 and half weeks!! :o And remember what happened then.

Now look at the rest!! Cole out since Dec/Jan (still not fit), Owen out since Nov (still not fit).

It ain't gonna happen!! Forget it the next Rooney show will be the Euro '2008 qualifiers!!!

Yeah but from what they were saying on SSn this morning, of all the metatarsal injuries since Beckham's the quickest return to play was Beckham at 7 and half weeks!! :o And remember what happened then.

Now look at the rest!! Cole out since Dec/Jan (still not fit), Owen out since Nov (still not fit).

It ain't gonna happen!! Forget it the next Rooney show will be the Euro '2008 qualifiers!!!

Owen broke his foot on New years Eve.

Rooney has only fractured it which isn't as bad as breaking the bone completly.

I'm confident he'll be startin against Sweden which is our most important group game.

Owen broke his foot on New years Eve.

Rooney has only fractured it which isn't as bad as breaking the bone completly.

I'm confident he'll be startin against Sweden which is our most important group game.

Jeff Stelling was saying one of the Preston players broke his foot about 6 or 7 weeks ago and he was on the bench for todays game.

I hope they don't rush Rooney to fast because it could just make it worse BUT i'd say or guess Rooney will have the best and better treatment than the Preston player did, I know injury's can only be healed as fast as it takes and no matter how good the treatment is it won't heel any quicker but I think Rooney could play some part in the World Cup...If we manage to stay in it. :unsure:

Jeff Stelling was saying one of the Preston players broke his foot about 6 or 7 weeks ago and he was on the bench for todays game.

I hope they don't rush Rooney to fast because it could just make it worse BUT i'd say or guess Rooney will have the best and better treatment than the Preston player did, I know injury's can only be healed as fast as it takes and no matter how good the treatment is it won't heel any quicker but I think Rooney could play some part in the World Cup...If we manage to stay in it. :unsure:

Yeah, David Nugent suffered a similar injury to Rooney. He didhis 47 days a go, the World Cup is 40 days away.

England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson will include Wayne Rooney in his World Cup squad if there is a chance the striker will be fit for the knockout stages.

BBC Five Live understands he will take the gamble if Manchester United think Rooney can recover in time and in the hope England will reach the last 16.

Rooney, 20, fractured a metatarsal bone in his right foot on Saturday.

England's first game against Paraguay on 10 June is six weeks away, the period predicted for Rooney's recovery.

The World Cup knockout stages are scheduled to begin on 24 June - eight weeks away - with the quarter-finals due to begin seven days later.

Eriksson will name his provisional World Cup squad on 8 May and his definitive one by 15 May.

Under Fifa rules, coaches can replace players injured after the 15 May deadline, but not those that picked up knocks before that date.

The youngster is seen as an integral part of England's bid to win the World Cup in Germany.

He broke a bone in the same foot during England's quarter-final defeat by Portugal in Euro 2004.

His absence was seen as a major factor in England's failure to progress to the semi-finals.

Rooney's position is remarkably similar to that of England captain David Beckham before the last World Cup in 2002.

Then, Beckham broke his fifth metatarsal nearly eight weeks before the start of England's World Cup campaign.

And while he played from the start of the tournament, he was clearly not fit - a fact he later admitted

Oh shut the fock up. Rooney. Is. Over-rated.

Look at England's deffence and midfield on paper, then add Michael Owen and Darren Bent. How the fock is that going to struggle without Wayne Rooney? The boy might be alright but he's not the bee-all-and-end-all of the England squad. Really pisses me off you lot moaning about his absense. Try going an entire qualifying campaign without your ONLY premiership striker.

They are not in the same league as Wayne Rooney (well metaphorically).

They are not in the same league as Wayne Rooney (well metaphorically).

Wayne Rooney, caps: 29. Goals: 11. A cap short and just a goal over a ratio of a mere goal per three appearances.

Michael Owen, caps: 75. Goals: 35. That's a sustained ratio of a goal every 2.1428 (so two, basically) games for England, over a whopping seventy five caps, and the boy, by the average footballer, should be hitting his "peak" (Though, yes, Owen probably peaked at 20).

Wayne Rooney, caps: 29. Goals: 11. A cap short and just a goal over a ratio of a mere goal per three appearances.

Michael Owen, caps: 75. Goals: 35. That's a sustained ratio of a goal every 2.1428 (so two, basically) games for England, over a whopping seventy five caps, and the boy, by the average footballer, should be hitting his "peak" (Though, yes, Owen probably peaked at 20).

..And Owen is a bit of a cóck really

Archived