Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Rooney to miss world cup?

It is a massive blow for us, But i think if we just go 4-5-1 , and add Carrick/King to the midfield,i think we can still be a force!

Changing formation is far more preferable to playing mediocre players like Darren Bent or James Beattie. I think it is suprising how deep rooted England fans opposition to a change from 4-4-2 is that they are willing to play 2 mediocre striekrs where we are now horrendously short instead of more midfielders where we have bags of quality!

Chelsea, Liverpool and Barcelona all play with 1 up front. Arsenal have in their champions league run this season! Are they all boring unsuccesful teams?

If both are injured..

........................Crouch

Joe Cole.....Gerrard...lamopard....Beckham

......................Carrick

Why not use htis as an opprtunity to free Gerrard and Lampard to playa s attacking midfielders with defencive cover from Carrick?

Why not sue it as an aporunity to push Beckham out really wide witha big man in the centre where his corsses would be so dangerous?

Why are people so anti-Crouch when he has led the line on his own in a succesful Liverpool side?

Owen broke his foot on New years Eve.

Rooney has only fractured it which isn't as bad as breaking the bone completly.

I'm confident he'll be startin against Sweden which is our most important group game.

a fracture is the same as a break.

a splinter fracture is when its only partially broken,

so it is just as bad as a break as its the same thing

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says he doubts Wayne Rooney will play in this summer's World Cup.

The 20-year-old England striker is out for six weeks after breaking a bone in his foot in United's 3-0 defeat by Chelsea on Saturday.

Ferguson told United's website: "You never know, but at the moment I doubt that he will take part because of the recovery time.

"Without doubt it is a crippling blow for England."

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson still hopes to pick Rooney in the hope he will be fit to play in the later stages of the tournament.

Ferguson added: "When you see brave players staying down after a tackle you know it's genuine and he's in pain and that's what I felt with Wayne.

"At first we didn't think it was too bad, but when we sent him for the scan it identified the problem and we realised what a blow it was for the boy and for England.

I would think this injury is even more of a killer-blow to him because he knows he is missing major tournaments

Sir Alex Ferguson

"I spoke to Wayne on Saturday evening and he was obviously a bit down, but I told him these things happen."

The injury is the same one that ended Rooney's Euro 2004 campaign - but Ferguson knows the timing is even worse for him this time.

He added: "I would think this injury is even more of a killer-blow to him because he knows he is missing major tournaments.

"This time round it is even worse because he is more mature and is a more rounded player who has improved dramatically over the last two years. So it is a real, real blow."

Ferguson spoke to the England medical team in the hours after Rooney sustained his injury and says he is keen to try to keep Eriksson informed of any developments.

He explained: "I have tried to get hold of Sven so I can give him as clear an opinion from us as possible because he will be reading a lot of stuff in the newspapers.

"We have spoken to the England doctor and I think it is important that I give as much as information as I can to Sven to make sure he is absolutely clear on what road he can take.

"Wayne will be in plaster for the next few weeks and he'll be having regular scans to see how it is healing

Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney is "devastated" at breaking a bone in his foot but is hopeful he can play some role for England at the World Cup.

The 20-year-old star faces at least six weeks out, which means he will probably miss England's group games in Germany.

"You've just got to get on with it and be positive," Rooney told MUTV.

"But I'm in great hands at United and I know with the physio team I've got behind me here that they'll be able to give me the best possible chance."

Rooney broke a metatarsal bone in his right foot when he was tackled by Paulo Ferreira during Saturday's 3-0 defeat by Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

"I'm obviously devastated to have broken my foot at this moment in time, it really is horrible," he said.

"I'll be coming in (for treatment) every day and trying to give myself the best possible chance."

United's medical staff are in charge of Rooney's treatment but England team doctors are liaising with them.

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson has to name his 23-man squad for Germany on 15 May but will announce a provisional squad on 8 May.

England's first group game at the World Cup is against Paraguay on 10 June.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has said the club will have the final say on whether Rooney goes to the World Cup.

Eriksson says he wants to include Rooney in his squad, but Ferguson says United are in a better position to judge.

The injury is the same one that ended Rooney's Euro 2004 campaign in Portugal.

To clear a few things up he has FRACTURED a metartsel bone which is suppurted by two other metartsel bones, which is completley differnt to David Beckham BREAKING a metarsel bone which is on the outside of his foot. The two suppourting bones force the other into place leading to it healing quicker.

However I really couldnt give a flying F**K wheather or not he plays. I am not going to let this utter rubbbish getting in the way of my World cup. He's a good player granted he can take on a man and he can smack balls on the half volley into the top corner of net one in every twenty attempts. The continued fasination with the next big thing in this country annoys me. Micheal Owen was ment to be the next best thing since Gian Franco Pele Maradoona Salas. However now he's not as important as a scouse conucil estate kid who drags 50% of his one on ones 5 yards wide of the goal.

Micheal Owen is still this countrys best goalscorer at this time, and will go on to be the best goal scorer this country has ever seen. he made a mistake going to Madrid. Hello magazine didnt cover his every move, pass, dribble and goal. He didnt get much of a look in at a Madrid team which could of done with his prescence, despite scoring a goal on average every other game. He came back to this country as a faliure ( & *(^()*& Knows why)

at Newcastle he averages again, a goal every other game. Despite his injury probelms. Yet he's race to get fit is nowhere near as important as that of Wayne Rooney. Who I belive is living off Euro 2004 quite nicely, he's had a pretty good season, then again so has Momo Sissoko, Nigerl Reo-Coker, and Craig Bellamy.

I personally think its time the English nation as a whole grew up. The fact that we ony have two strikers is pretty much born from this countrys obession of picking a XI a sticking to it at all costs. IMO probabley where Sven got the idea from.

Im not having a go at Wayne Rooney, while I don't by any margin think he's the player some make him out to be, I belive he could be the player some make him out to be. He's a special player but hardly unreplacable. If Fegire can stand in a interivew claiming Louis Saha is adequate cover for him I think one of our fringe player could do a job for us.

To sum up I'm Gutted to seem him not being able to play a part ( sooner we face up to that the better ) but we have to faith in the rest of Englands stikers who should not be braned as shit because they didnt play well against Croaita.

we can still win it!! COME ON!!!!

gerrard, lampard, j.cole, a,cole, owen, neville, robinson, terry, ferdinand and even beckham. these are world class, i'm gutted, absolutely gutted about loosing rooney, but let's go and win this **** thing without him and have a **** amazing summer.

we can still win it!! COME ON!!!!

gerrard, lampard, j.cole, a,cole, owen, neville, robinson, terry, ferdinand and even beckham. these are world class, i'm gutted, absolutely gutted about loosing rooney, but let's go and win this **** thing without him and have a **** amazing summer.

Rooney hasn't been ruled out yet, i'm certain he'll be starting against Sweden, we can beat Paraguay and Trinidad without Rooney.

oh FFS COME ON!

we can beat ANYONE without Wayne Bloody Rooney.

Maybe so, and i do agree with you but we'll be a whole let better with Rooney.

Very serious. :huh::unsure::whistle::( <_<

Source

Rooney needs a miracle - Eriksson

Wayne Rooney has "more than one fracture" and maybe needs a "miracle" to be fit for the World Cup, according to England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson.

The Manchester United striker has since had a second scan on his metartarsal.

Eriksson said: "I knew yesterday [Tuesday] that he had more than one fracture. Miracles happen in life now and then, but I don't really know."

United believe Rooney is six weeks away from training but Eriksson is still set to include him in his squad.

England and Manchester United's medical teams meet on Thursday to discuss Rooney's chances of making the finals.

Rooney broke his foot against Chelsea on Saturday and an initial scan after the match revealed just one fracture.

And reports suggesting that the 20-year-old would definitely miss the World Cup have been played down by United.

A statement said: "Despite stories in the press we believe Wayne is still six weeks away from full training."

Eriksson added: "I will probably name him on Monday. It will be 26 or maybe 27 players.

"I will not rule him out until the doctors tell me there is no chance. No-one wants that to happen, everyone hopes he can take part in the World Cup at some stage."

Eriksson confirmed that Rooney would remain at his club to receive treatment for the duration of his recovery.

"I will be updated on Thursday because our doctor goes to Manchester to see [club doctor] Mike Stone."

Not looking good is it?

I'm pretty sure he'll play some part, Ive got a feeling inside me that tells me he'll be playing for us.

Posted by matt_bedworth_fox on the Fox Forum:

Yes I know stats dont mean everything and that Wayne Rooney will be a massive loss, but since Rooney made his England debut we've played eight games without him and won 7 of them and drawn the other.

So who knows what might happen.

And back in 66 all the hype going into the World Cup was Jimmy Greaves, and he got injured after the 1st game and was replaced by a certain Geoff Hurst...the rest was History!!!!!!!!!!

I think if we all give positive thaughts together and concentrate them on wayne rooney's metacartar fock it his foot then im sure he'll be ok

come on lets all concentrate :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

see it worked now he is fit and will score a hat trick against brazil in the final

gotta remain positive

I think it will take the pressure off us if Rooney is ruled out. I'm gutted he's injured as i'm one of the people who does think he's one of the best players in the world and he isn't just hype. But if everyone thinks this is a killer blow and our chances our now all but over then perhaps this country will play without the pressure they undoubtly have everytime they take to the field in tournaments.

This has happened to many nations over the years and they've gone on to win tournaments when fans, media, etc wrote them off because of injuries to key players.

I'm not overly enthralled by our back-up strikers. Owen is world class, but the other batch aren't anywhere near as good as Rooney or Owen. But with the players around them such as Owen, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Terry, etc there is no reason why they can't shine and be a success.

I think the opposition will struggle massively up against Crouch and I also think Bent could have an impact if he got an early goal in the tournament, so all is not lost.

I would also consider playing Cole and Gerrard behind Owen, With Lampard, Beckham and Carrick sitting in the midfield to make things happen like Chelsea and Liverpool often play. Could be an option, the only problem is that Owen isn't the sort of player who likes to lead the line.

I think it will take the pressure off us if Rooney is ruled out. I'm gutted he's injured as i'm one of the people who does think he's one of the best players in the world and he isn't just hype. But if everyone thinks this is a killer blow and our chances our now all but over then perhaps this country will play without the pressure they undoubtly have everytime they take to the field in tournaments.

This has happened to many nations over the years and they've gone on to win tournaments when fans, media, etc wrote them off because of injuries to key players.

I'm not overly enthralled by our back-up strikers. Owen is world class, but the other batch aren't anywhere near as good as Rooney or Owen. But with the players around them such as Owen, Lampard, Gerrard, Cole, Terry, etc there is no reason why they can't shine and be a success.

I think the opposition will struggle massively up against Crouch and I also think Bent could have an impact if he got an early goal in the tournament, so all is not lost.

I would also consider playing Cole and Gerrard behind Owen, With Lampard, Beckham and Carrick sitting in the midfield to make things happen like Chelsea and Liverpool often play. Could be an option, the only problem is that Owen isn't the sort of player who likes to lead the line.

I've got a gut feeling Crouch is going to have a great world cup, I also agree about the pressure, I hope SGE plays Lennon to whip some good crosses for Crouch.

In todays Sun Sven said he would take Rooney to Germany even if he is only fit for the final.

I think Engalnd can hold their own without Rooney but you cant deny he is a brilliant player. As long as there is a chance of getting him on the pitch, I would definitely take him.

Archived