Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Rooney to miss world cup?

Oh shut the fock up. Rooney. Is. Over-rated.

Look at England's deffence and midfield on paper, then add Michael Owen and Darren Bent. How the fock is that going to struggle without Wayne Rooney? The boy might be alright but he's not the bee-all-and-end-all of the England squad. Really pisses me off you lot moaning about his absense. Try going an entire qualifying campaign without your ONLY premiership striker.

Look at England's deffence and midfield on paper, then add Michael Owen and Darren Bent. How the fock is that going to struggle without Wayne Rooney? The boy might be alright but he's not the bee-all-and-end-all of the England squad. Really pisses me off you lot moaning about his absense. Try going an entire qualifying campaign without your ONLY premiership striker.

Yeah right.

I'm not overly keen of the lad but he's fecking awesome.

Its not our fault you sheep shaggers can only muster up quality players from League 1.

You lot really are bitter.

he is our one special player, every team that wins the worldcup has one. we were excellent in euro04 until he went off injured, he was a huge loss. + are you actually being serious about darren bent? if you are, you clearly no little about football.

he is our one special player, every team that wins the worldcup has one. we were excellent in euro04 until he went off injured, he was a huge loss. + are you actually being serious about darren bent? if you are, you clearly no little about football.

Ey mate , The Welsh's secret weapon is John Hartson :rolleyes::ph34r:

It's purely psychological, and the more the press start rabbiting on about England's World Cup being doomed without Rooney the more the players will start to believe it. You've got Owen, Bent, Defoe and (rofl, sorry) Crouch in back-up - how is that your World Cup ruined!?

If you honestly believe you've got no chance without your, however you worded it, "one special player" - then it's you, not me, who knows fock all about football, kiddo. With a squad as strong as England's, the loss of no one player should be a crippling blow - and if I were you, with Campbell out of practice and in unstable mental state, I'd be looking at John Terry's knock today with more worry than Rooney's.

And you're right, I am moaning. But I'm not bitter, if anything, I'm slightly jealous - if we had your strength in depth I sure as hell wouldn't be crying off my team's chances at the loss of one out of four or five strong strikers.

It's purely psychological, and the more the press start rabbiting on about England's World Cup being doomed without Rooney the more the players will start to believe it. You've got Owen, Bent, Defoe and (rofl, sorry) Crouch in back-up - how is that your World Cup ruined!?

If you honestly believe you've got no chance without your, however you worded it, "one special player" - then it's you, not me, who knows fock all about football, kiddo. With a squad as strong as England's, the loss of no one player should be a crippling blow - and if I were you, with Campbell out of practice and in unstable mental state, I'd be looking at John Terry's knock today with more worry than Rooney's.

And you're right, I am moaning. But I'm not bitter, if anything, I'm slightly jealous - if we had your strength in depth I sure as hell wouldn't be crying off my team's chances at the loss of one out of four or five strong strikers.

mate, have you seen our strikers? bent can not play international football, defoe has not had the best season + has only 1 goal in 10 for england, also crouch has nowhere near the influence a player like rooney has on the team. we do not have the best strikers in our squad + and he IS our 1 special player, he makes things happen, tireless work rate, produces something out of nothing, everything that england do on the pitch goes through him. yes, gerrard, lampard, terry, ferdinand, owen are all world class players, but they do not make the impact rooney does.

Rooney is by far and away our most important player. I can't see how we'll break down the better sides without him. :(

Certainly is.

We really didn't have a clue when he got injured vs Portugal in the 2004 euro's.

He's simply a special talent that would be in the world's best 11, to suggest that he is over rated and won't be sorely missed is laughable.

The reaction of a number of posters and people i've spoke to just prove how important he is to us, i am praying that he is ok.

England's Wayne Rooney faces an anxious wait to see if he will be fit for the World Cup after suffering an injury in Manchester United's defeat at Chelsea.

Rooney, 20, was stretchered off after a tackle by Paulo Ferreira, injuring the same right foot he broke two years ago, and left the ground on crutches.

England's opening game of the World Cup against Paraguay is on 10 June.

"It's a sore one but we will just have to wait and see," said United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"There's no point in making assertions at the moment.

"When a player is taken off you are always concerned. We've had quite a few bad injuries this season but, hopefully, Wayne is not a bad one."

Rooney is seen as being key to England's hopes at the World Cup in Germany and any concerns over his fitness would add to England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson's injury worries.

Michael Owen, who is Rooney's regular partner in attack for England, has been out since New Year's Eve after breaking a bone in his foot against Tottenham Hotspur.

Owen is set to make his comeback as a substitute for Newcastle against Birmingham on Saturday but will only have one more Premiership match and England's build-up to the World Cup to increase his sharpness and match fitness.

Arsenal central defender Sol Campbell has only just returned after a lengthy spell out while team-mate Ashley Cole is fit again but has not played any first-team football.

England and Chelsea centre-back John Terry also picked up an injury in his side's 3-0 win over United but he soldiered on until the end of the game which assured the Blues of the Premiership title.

United right-back Gary Neville also appeared to be hobbling and may develop into another concern for Eriksson.

bent can not play international football

How can that POSSIBLY be proven? According to the FA's official website he's got one cap, and I certainly can't remember him playing any more than that?

I'm not saying Rooney won't be missed at all. Any player will be missed, be he Gary Neville, Michael Owen or Peter Crouch. But to suggest that England's entire World Cup is ruined because of the possibility of Rooney being out is sensationalist crap, you should all be writing for the Sun.

How can that POSSIBLY be proven? According to the FA's official website he's got one cap, and I certainly can't remember him playing any more than that?

I'm not saying Rooney won't be missed at all. Any player will be missed, be he Gary Neville, Michael Owen or Peter Crouch. But to suggest that England's entire World Cup is ruined because of the possibility of Rooney being out is sensationalist crap, you should all be writing for the Sun.

I agree, lampard can score goals gerrard can change a game so can owen he only needs one chance.

Stop the panic.

He might still be fit anyway!

It's easy for you to say, your not an England fan, the guy is so crucial for us. Yes any player will be missed but the majority will say Rooney would be the player we would miss most.

It'd be like Wales losing, Giggs, Bellamy, Koumas, Savage and Hartson all in one. ( I know two of them are missing anyway)

From SkySports

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=38...wait+for+Rooney

Sir Alex Ferguson was reluctant to comment on the extent of Wayne Rooney's foot injury after Manchester United's defeat at Chelsea.

Rooney was stretchered off 10 minutes from time at Stamford Bridge after hurting his foot following a tackle by Paulo Ferreira.

There were immediate concerns that Rooney could miss England's World Cup bid, but it now appears the injury is not as serious as first believed.

The 20-year-old boarded the team bus outside of Stamford Bridge on crutches and will return to Manchester for further tests.

While United boss Ferguson appeared to rule Rooney out of his team's closing two games, he was unable to expand on the severity of the injury.

"We will wait until we get to Manchester," Ferguson told Sky Sports 1. "He is in the right hands, we've got the orthopaedic surgeon, the doctor and the physio and he will be looked after.

"It's a sore one, but we will have to wait and see. There's no point making assertions when we don't know the cause or anything.

"When a player is taken off, you are always concerned. We have had quite a few this season - bad injuries - but hopefully Wayne's not a bad one."

Ferguson confirmed Rooney would not figure in Monday's game against Middlesbrough, with Louis Saha and Ruud van Nistelrooy spearheading the charge to hold off Liverpool for second place.

He added: "I think we've got plenty of cover, there's no question about that.

"Ruud van Nistelrooy and Louis Saha will continue on Monday as they finished today and I don't think that's a bad partnership."

Archived