Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parsons

fecking snooker!

yeh ok its not a bad sport, that is if you can call it a sport but it really pisses me off when it runs over time!!

1 hr and 20 mins i have been waiting for "have i got news for you" 80 fecking minitues!!!!

yeh and yesterday they did the same to "match of the day" does anyone know what time that was on last night cuz i just got fed up and went to bed

yeh ok its not a bad sport, that is if you can call it a sport but it really pisses me off when it runs over time!!

1 hr and 20 mins i have been waiting for "have i got news for you" 80 fecking minitues!!!!

yeh and yesterday they did the same to "match of the day" does anyone know what time that was on last night cuz i just got fed up and went to bed

Yeh I know, I was waiting for MOTD2 as well and got fed up and went to sleep instead. Bloody snooker ruined the TV schedule again. :thumbdown:

I read on BBC news that yesterday's play finished at 00.45 this morning when it was supposed to finish at 10.30pm.

It's bloody Peter f**king Ebdon - the man that takes an eternity to play a shot, and then bloody plays a safety! I was watching it until a few minutes ago, then got pissed off with him and his boring play. This one frame has almost taken an hour! Arrgh! :mad:

wouldn't watch it usually unless o'sullivan plays but to be fair this is getting a good match now, some quality shots by both even if they are the longest frames ever

Peter Ebdon should be banned from snooker, it's his negative play that has killed the game tonight, and it's going to go onto stupid o'clock in the morning. It puts people off watching it also, no wonder they are having financial problems. The last frame that lasted 1hour15 minutes could be enough to bore you to death.

Also his head is the same shape as a 40w light bulb.

Yeh I know, I was waiting for MOTD2 as well and got fed up and went to sleep instead. Bloody snooker ruined the TV schedule again. :thumbdown:

I read on BBC news that yesterday's play finished at 00.45 this morning when it was supposed to finish at 10.30pm.

It's bloody Peter f**king Ebdon - the man that takes an eternity to play a shot, and then bloody plays a safety! I was watching it until a few minutes ago, then got pissed off with him and his boring play. This one frame has almost taken an hour! Arrgh! :mad:

And what a good frame it was! :)

This match has FINALLY come alive, and I'm fully rooting for Ebdon...

Thank god Peter Ebdon didn't win with his brand of 'bore the opponent to death' snooker.

Dott's highest break was about 70 for god's sake, at least ebdon made a few decent breaks.

Dott's highest break was about 70 for god's sake, at least ebdon made a few decent breaks.

Not many.

Ebdon deserved to lose that game. He was horrendous for the most part of the final.

Dott wasn't much better but did show a lot of courage and willing throughout the tournament. He's not the most fluent player and his break building often suffers due to his lack of precision in terms of position play. I supported him throughout (well after Selby went out) and was chuffed to see him win it last night.

Thoroughly enjoyed the 'over an hour' frame! :)

Not many.

Ebdon deserved to lose that game. He was horrendous for the most part of the final.

Dott wasn't much better but did show a lot of courage and willing throughout the tournament. He's not the most fluent player and his break building often suffers due to his lack of precision in terms of position play. I supported him throughout (well after Selby went out) and was chuffed to see him win it last night.

Thoroughly enjoyed the 'over an hour' frame! :)

you don't need to lecture me mate, i watched every frame of the final so i'm more than well aware of what went on.

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but a snooker fan at the match shouted at Ebdon because he was taking so long "hurry up, its like watching paint dry", which i thought was amusing when i read about it. lol:ph34r:

And this is the guy who defends Rob Kelly's boring, safety first football, presumably because the circumstances demanded it.

Looking at the situations I don't know what the hell you expected them to do in a world final - smash into the balls and hope for the best?

Perhaps they should make the holes bigger and play with fewer balls so there weren't so many to get in the way.

I remember reading that football's never really caught on with the yanks cos there's not enough scoring like in basketball and they'd have been much happier with wider goals and higher crossbars, no offside and only midgets allowed to be goalkeeper's.

Peter Ebdon perhaps doesn't have the natural talent of Ronnie O'Sullivan but he's been good enough to be world champion, to reach a second final and to stay around as a world ranked player for a long, long time.

From what friends in Wellingborough said of him before his move to Dubai he can play quickly enough given the opportunity.

The final was a bit like Millwall v City really. Nothing pretty to watch but an immense tactical battle which was always hard fought and fascinating tactically.

At least it was a proper contest and better television than that s**t England/Germany charity football match which bored me rigid from the first 10 minutes and made a mockery of football although had I had a couple of pals round and poured a few beers down it might have been 10 out of 10 as a comedy sketch.

How popular's snooker in Great Britain these days, anyway? I'd personally refrain from airing it on TV as it is a very boring sports and not very attractive to broadcast.

It's extremely popular actually... the TV ratings for the world snooker championships will knock you off your feet... I think it's usually between 8-10 million or something in the UK alone that watch the final. It's in the top 3 of most watched events post-midnight I heard...

The Danish commentator mentioned that around 16 million people watched the British Masters final worldwide as well. It's fair to say snooker is a popular sport.

On topic: Well done, Dott! I was rooting for Ebdon, as he produced the best snooker in the final in that last session, but it was too little too late. Like him or not, but you have to admire his respect and his humility in defeat. I wish other sports had such gentlemen...

Bring back Quinton Hann, the Frank Worthington of snooker.

I have always been a fan of snooker and O'Sullivan is a genius, but it looks to be a sport in desperate needs. There have been massive issues with the governing bodies in snooker and as a result it's left the game in the shit.

If it wasn't for O'Sullivan then the game would be dead on it's arse. Where's Hann these days? I used to love his pool breaks when he got pissed off.

Archived