Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Libertine

England Vs Jamaica

Currently 4-0 at half time. :D

Lampard, Own Goal, Crouch and Owen have scored. Terry and A.Cole had to go off just for precautionary reasons, they were replace by Campbell and Bridge.

Beckham looks like he might have to be replaced soon too.

still can't see crouch as good enough/ looked ok today against skillful but naive opposition think he will struggle with quality defence; hope i'm wrong

Bloody hell.... give him a chance. You can't do much more than he has in the last 3 games.

hat trick hero robot crouch. he will do well in the world cup. hitting form at the right time when it matters, missing a penalty when it matters. and you know he did it to try and seal his hat trick with style but he didnt pull it off, i'd rather score a goal like his 3rd to get a hat trick anyway. fantastic.

His penalty was comical but at least he had the confidence to try something as audacious (or arrogant) as that. Fair dues to him, scoring a hat trick at international level is never easy but I am still sceptical about his ability when it comes to the World Cup.

Bloody hell.... give him a chance. You can't do much more than he has in the last 3 games.

True I couldn't do more than he has but i'm sure there are others who could;

as I said I hope I'm wrong; its not the last three games i'm judging him on its his whole style of play that i don't particularly admire ; his record for Liverpool is not that good ; how long did it take him to score ? in a team like liverpool !! sorry, humble opinion only

True I couldn't do more than he has but i'm sure there are others who could;

as I said I hope I'm wrong; its not the last three games i'm judging him on its his whole style of play that i don't particularly admire ; his record for Liverpool is not that good ; how long did it take him to score ? in a team like liverpool !! sorry, humble opinion only

because people like you get on his back. the only reason u dislike him is his lankyness, which imo comes in usefull. just like when we beat the argies 3-2. who was there infront of the argie centre back so owen could nod the winner in? yeah peter crouch. doesnt matter how long it took him to score, fact is he is scoring and hes going a fantastic job. he is a really good player when it comes to it, he shows neat touches and makes the right runs. just because he may fluff it once in a while yet he gets picked up on more than others. frank lampard was shit on tuesday shall we launch a hate campaign on him? i dont think so. get behind the team and help out.

because people like you get on his back. the only reason u dislike him is his lankyness, which imo comes in usefull. just like when we beat the argies 3-2. who was there infront of the argie centre back so owen could nod the winner in? yeah peter crouch. doesnt matter how long it took him to score, fact is he is scoring and hes going a fantastic job. he is a really good player when it comes to it, he shows neat touches and makes the right runs. just because he may fluff it once in a while yet he gets picked up on more than others. frank lampard was shit on tuesday shall we launch a hate campaign on him? i dont think so. get behind the team and help out.

maybe i don't like his lankyness but i'm not starting a hate camp. and i dont think he would take the slightest notice of what i've said........ (but its the emperors new clothes).... and i can't say i'm seeing something brilliant that i'm not ; its just my opinion that he is not good enough ; lampard has proved on numerous occassions to have fantastic ability as have gerrard cole beckham owen et al but i've seen nothing of ENGLAND class ability from crouch ;again in my humble opinion he is good/average prem no more

After 30 minutes or so the game served no purpose whatsoever.

All the substitutions made it a farce. It was like the adverts on American television - a non-stop series of irritating interruptions which made a mockery of football.

Watching Crouch take a penalty was like something out of Benny Hill comedy, sloppy and unprofessional, and our defence looked as watertight as a cullinder.

It was illusionary football and a lovely day in the sunshine for 70,000 fans but that was all.

Roll on the real thing cos that was more like beach football...entertaining enough but hardly relevent to anything.

As for the Jamaicans I think one of their coaches must have told them to practice scoring - but they misunderstood his meaning and ended up in the night spots the nights before the match.

I suppose you could understand em. They'd have found it easier than at Old Trafford.

After 30 minutes or so the game served no purpose whatsoever.

All the substitutions made it a farce. It was like the adverts on American television - a non-stop series of irritating interruptions which made a mockery of football.

Watching Crouch take a penalty was like something out of Benny Hill comedy, sloppy and unprofessional, and our defence looked as watertight as a cullinder.

It was illusionary football and a lovely day in the sunshine for 70,000 fans but that was all.

Roll on the real thing cos that was more like beach football...entertaining enough but hardly relevent to anything.

As for the Jamaicans I think one of their coaches must have told them to practice scoring - but they misunderstood his meaning and ended up in the night spots the nights before the match.

I suppose you could understand em. They'd have found it easier than at Old Trafford.

well said ; the danger with games like these so close to the tournament is the expectation of the ability of certain players to perform like this against well drilled outfits

England need to win the knockout games in normal time because I just can't see England winning any penalty shootouts! Beckham skies every penalty he takes, Lampard missed one against Hungary and now Crouchy has missed one today!

England need to win the knockout games in normal time because I just can't see England winning any penalty shootouts! Beckham skies every penalty he takes, Lampard missed one against Hungary and now Crouchy has missed one today!

to be fair though i dont think Crouch would do that in a penalty shoot-out and Lampard doesnt miss many. Although i still dont understand why Beckham was penalty taker in the first place. so over-rated.

Guest Gist

I feel more confident now though knowing Robinson is in goal he is a great shot stopper so that should benefit us in peno shoot outs.

As someone who went to old trafford and had VERY decent seats, i can honestly say Peter Crouch was the best player there today. He touches, headers, skills, awareness and finishing (bar the peno) was spot on and there is no other player like that in the world, he is in a class of his own. defenders get too tight to him he nods it on, defenders stand back from him he can bring the ball down and bring others into play.

CROUCH AND ROONEY!!!!

Guest Gist

Your right I don't think anyone can fault his touches the way he brings the ball down for other players.

As someone who went to old trafford and had VERY decent seats, i can honestly say Peter Crouch was the best player there today. He touches, headers, skills, awareness and finishing (bar the peno) was spot on and there is no other player like that in the world, he is in a class of his own. defenders get too tight to him he nods it on, defenders stand back from him he can bring the ball down and bring others into play.

CROUCH AND ROONEY!!!!

He may have been the best player on the park against the mighty Jamaica, but he's been found wanting in the Premiership on many occasions and to say there is no player like him in the world is way OTT imo. He may be the lankiest striker in the world but I am strongly sceptical of the impact he will make in the World Cup (bar against the likes of Trinidad & Tobago).

Crouch is decent yes, but he isn't international class for me.

He may have been the best player on the park against the mighty Jamaica, but he's been found wanting in the Premiership on many occasions and to say there is no player like him in the world is way OTT imo. He may be the lankiest striker in the world but I am strongly sceptical of the impact he will make in the World Cup (bar against the likes of Trinidad & Tobago).

lol

I agree with you many aspects there Anish, with your points about being world class and been found wanting in the prem.

The only way there is no other player like him is that no one is that Gangly and no one celebrates with a Robot!! :D

Anish.

Absolutely spot on.

F ucking well said.

first of all well done crouchy , good all round game , hold up game wasnt bad and good link up with owen and deseves a start against paraguay where im glad to go with 4 - 4 fecking 2.

p.s. when representing your country DO NOT take the piss with that amatuerish penalty , people have been shot for less lol

Crouch worked hard and thats all you can ask of him...he scored 3 goals what more do you lot want? FFS

Nobody slated him for his performance yesterday.

We just think that he doesn't have the ability to do the business in the World Cup against better opposition. A hat-trick against third rate opposition is meaningless and proves nothing.

It's about time people realised the difference.

Archived