Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Littlered

McAuley Signs

Found this -

"McAuley departs for Leicester City

By Nathan Jackson - June 5 2006

Lincoln City's overrated defender, Gareth McAuley has finally left for his inevitable transfer to Leicester City. Often in the middle of making mistakes that lead to goals, the tall centre back moves to the Walkers Stadium after also being linked with moves to Hull City and Sunderland.

McAuley joined the Imps just under 2 years ago from Coleraine and had an impressive first season with the Imps, however, during the 2005/6 season, he decided to stop tackling and if you watch the highlights of all the games he played in which the opposition scored, he's often right there, within a tackle's length but doesn't even attempt to make a tackle. The latest case of these came in the playoffs. In the home leg against Grimsby, McAuley had a chance to just boot the ball clear, he passes it straight to the attacker and within 10 seconds, Grimsby have scored. Inevitably, this lacklusture defending cost the Imps promotion.

McAuley will make a quick return to Sincil Bank when Leicester City visit for a pre-season friend in late July."

I hope this is sour grapes!

Found this -

Lincoln City's overrated defender, Gareth McAuley has finally left for his inevitable transfer to Leicester City. Often in the middle of making mistakes that lead to goals, the tall centre back moves to the Walkers Stadium after also being linked with moves to Hull City and Sunderland.

McAuley joined the Imps just under 2 years ago from Coleraine and had an impressive first season with the Imps, however, during the 2005/6 season, he decided to stop tackling and if you watch the highlights of all the games he played in which the opposition scored, he's often right there, within a tackle's length but doesn't even attempt to make a tackle. The latest case of these came in the playoffs. In the home leg against Grimsby, McAuley had a chance to just boot the ball clear, he passes it straight to the attacker and within 10 seconds, Grimsby have scored. Inevitably, this lacklusture defending cost the Imps promotion.

McAuley will make a quick return to Sincil Bank when Leicester City visit for a pre-season friend in late July."

That guy sounds like a complete moron.

Found this -

Hilarious! lol

I know its only a couple of games but i was told he was terrible in play off semi's

I think he sounds a solid signing, none of us will know untill we see him play we need to be better at set plays thats for sure, defending and attacking

Anyone else think he looks like Robbie Williams best mate? That Jonathan Wilkes fella? Dubious.

I was thinking more the lead singer of Hard Fi but with longer hair.

I hope this is how we are doing things this close season, quietly and with minimal fuss. Good call RK, keep it up :thumbup:

I was thinking more the lead singer of Hard Fi but with longer hair.

I hope this is how we are doing things this close season, quietly and with minimal fuss. Good call RK, keep it up :thumbup:

Micah Hyde won't cause minimal fuss I can tell you that for nothing.

It's going to be Matt Heath Mk II if you ask me. I'll reserve judgement though.

Now someone else has been brave enough to say it, I'll join you in wholehearted agreement.

Heard mixed reports on him from those that see him regularly and when I have seen him live he hasn't been a stand out. I tend to measure it by; if you are a lower league player and getting mainly positive reports then you have something about you. If it's a mixed bag then :ph34r:

However I will reserve judgement and hope for the best.

At the end of the day even if there are mixed reports about him, we have nothing to lose by bringing him in. As I said before I can't see him making the first team instantly anyway if Kisnorbo and McCarthy are fit, although saying that I think Kisnorbo misses the first few matches so we may get to see what he's like then.

Now someone else has been brave enough to say it, I'll join you in wholehearted agreement.

Heard mixed reports on him from those that see him regularly and when I have seen him live he hasn't been a stand out. I tend to measure it by; if you are a lower league player and getting mainly positive reports then you have something about you. If it's a mixed bag then :ph34r:

However I will reserve judgement and hope for the best.

I'm doing similarly.

Nice to see us land a target though.

Don't know anything about him, never seen him play, or read a review or nuffin, so I will make judgement based purely on unfounded optimism and trust that our unproven management team and ex-premiership status have managed to attract an diamond in the rough, a player of huge potential who will be the next Matt Elliot / Steve Walsh.

Maybe.

Don't know anything about him, never seen him play, or read a review or nuffin, so I will make judgement based purely on unfounded optimism and trust that our unproven management team and ex-premiership status have managed to attract an diamond in the rough, a player of huge potential who will be the next Matt Elliot / Steve Walsh.

Maybe.

That's the spirit.

I find if you squint, sometimes it looks like they're playing better.

Archived