Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Mark The Freezer

Do others think Mark 'the Freezer' has a future at City ? We've no experienced reserve strikers (unless you think O'Grady's few appearences are valid) - and, as England have shown - it's always good to have that 'on the bench'. Is 'The Freezer' up to it ? Will RK WANT to keep him ?

Do others think Mark 'the Freezer' has a future at City ? We've no experienced reserve strikers (unless you think O'Grady's few appearences are valid) - and, as England have shown - it's always good to have that 'on the bench'. Is 'The Freezer' up to it ? Will RK WANT to keep him ?

I think it's quite simple, I suspect if someone offered to take him off our hands RK would accept. As it is that seems unlikely so, as any good manager should, he will use him as and when he believes it's appropriate and the need arises. I'd be amazed if he was first chioce but not if he was on the bench.

Well if he is here next season I would like to hope Leicester fans will give him another chance I mean under Levein everyone played bad and not just Devries and look at the miracle turnaround Kelly produced with Kisnorbo going from one of our worst players at the club to probably the first or second name on the team sheet!! If Kelly can have half that sort of impact on Devries that he had on Kisnorbo then he could be a usefull player to have in the squad next season.

Well if he is here next season I would like to hope Leicester fans will give him another chance I mean under Levein everyone played bad and not just Devries and look at the miracle turnaround Kelly produced with Kisnorbo going from one of our worst players at the club to probably the first or second name on the team sheet!! If Kelly can have half that sort of impact on Devries that he had on Kisnorbo then he could be a usefull player to have in the squad next season.

That makes sense. :);):thumbup:

I think the change of position from midfield to defence had more to do with Kisnorbo's improvement than anything. Unfortunately, we don't have this option with MDV.

Whether he is used or not depends on one person, the Manager. Interestingly in an interview earlier this month when on LCFC World Kelly was asked this question he could not change the topic quick enough. Answered there an then. Not looking bright for Mark.

I think the change of position from midfield to defence had more to do with Kisnorbo's improvement than anything. Unfortunately, we don't have this option with MDV.

Maybe not, under Levein Devries had guarentees on his places in the side, maybe if he has too fight for a place we might see the player that was so good against Spurs.

How many games was the guy terrible and one of those responsible for where we were half way through the season. I can't believe how short your memories are on how bad he was. Maybe go back to some of the threads from last year to overcome any undetected cases of Alzheimers.

How many games was the guy terrible and one of those responsible for where we were half way through the season. I can't believe how short your memories are on how bad he was. Maybe go back to some of the threads from last year to overcome any undetected cases of Alzheimers.

Its not alzheimers, i'm sure we all remember how terrible he was but who wasn't under Levein, i just think if Kelly decides he has a future then we should accept it and get behind him.

I'm sure Rob Kelly does not want him, so we wont have to support an idea of a hopeless out of his depth striker in MDV ever putting on a Leicester shirt again.

Trouble is nor does anyone else, his choice is to either agree a severence with him, which we clearly cannot afford or consider him as a squad member. I reckon he'll go for the latter and when you consider that he was still our top goal scorer last year, that probably puts him higher in the pecking order than say Elvis and either third or fourth choice striker upfront with O'Grady. All in all i think its quite likely we haven't seen the last of MDV.

We'd be crazy to push MDV up any pecking order - except the one in the farmyard where stock waits to go to market.

He's never going to be worth much but he could, if he stays, take a place which would perhaps significantly slow the development of players who might well be worth something.

If MDV really had thought of as the business he would never have been loaned out.

It was when he departed, along with Sylla and when KIsnorbo moved from midfield to centre-back that results improved dramatically.

The club needs to go forward not back.

We'd be crazy to push MDV up any pecking order - except the one in the farmyard where stock waits to go to market.

He's never going to be worth much but he could, if he stays, take a place which would perhaps significantly slow the development of players who might well be worth something.

If MDV really had thought of as the business he would never have been loaned out.

It was when he departed, along with Sylla and when KIsnorbo moved from midfield to centre-back that results improved dramatically.

The club needs to go forward not back.

What do you think Kelly will actually do with him though Thrac? I think its highly likely he will be an active figure as back up to our strikerforce of Hume & Fryatt.

I think we should get rid of him, even if we are thin on the ground with forwards.

But MDV being at Leicester is like statues of Stalin still standing in red square after the fall of communism.

MDV is Stalin and Levien is Communism!

Basically this guy reminds me of the Levein "regime" and i want to forget that ever happened!

Still those out there who wanted us to keep Levein must be feeling worried with there red stars and flags in the attic waiting for the revolution.

(has this analogy gone to far :P )

What do you think Kelly will actually do with him though Thrac? I think its highly likely he will be an active figure as back up to our strikerforce of Hume & Fryatt.

I am not convinced MDV is a particularly popular member of the squad. The season ticket holder next to me pointed out that, before his loan, he almost always warmed up before matches on his own.

Whether that as significant as the STH made out I don't know but I think Kelly says little about him because he hopes an opportunity to place him elsewhere will present itself before the start of the season.

If not, as is quite possible, then he becomes a member of the squad on a relatively big wage and Kelly has a problem he could probably do without.

In that case, he should pick the team on merit and if MDV deserves to get in we should give him our support.

I agree, it's a new season and I would actually love Mark de Vries to do well. He has got the tools - he's proved it a couple of times but just needs to get the support, get into a rhythm and have a good start to the season. Hopefully Rob can have a positive aspect to his game - but I think the main issue is we need to change how we play to him. We used to hoof it to him all the time in most games, if we can play the ball to him along the ground he has shown at times he can hold up well. If we can get this to work he'd be good backup for Hume and Fryatt - and good if we need to change our attacking play in a game.

Just because its a new season makes no difference. He is terrible. The crappy European League we sent him on loan to, well that team wanted no part of him. Being nice to him nor supporting him or making him feel good will not change his standard of play. He is simply not good enough. We should try a career change and put him up for the NBA draft. Big bucks in that if someone wants him. Who knows he could be better at that than football.

Just because its a new season makes no difference. He is terrible. The crappy European League we sent him on loan to, well that team wanted no part of him. Being nice to him nor supporting him or making him feel good will not change his standard of play. He is simply not good enough. We should try a career change and put him up for the NBA draft. Big bucks in that if someone wants him. Who knows he could be better at that than football.

We know he's got the talent though. Just imagine what it would add to his game if he was able to jump just slightly higher! :whistle:

Maybe he can join Yeovil, with Lee Morris :thumbup::whistle:

We know he's got the talent though. Just imagine what it would add to his game if he was able to jump just slightly higher! :whistle:

I didn't see much of his talent coming through myself.

De Vries didn't work last season, it's not going to work now and especially with Levein gone - one of very few managers I expect to rate the guy. He was a good sub to bring on in a couple of away games last season (Derby comes to mind), but I wouldn't consider him for that now. He isn't even close to mobile enough to play up front, it's embarrassing to just watch him play for us, just look at how refreshing it was to see Hume and Fryatt up front in the last half of the season. He can't be considered because it'll only disrupt the progress we made.

At this level in the Championship an extremely important ingredient in a player is an outright desire to win,rather than players who might be up for it although they will still pick up their wage. The success in some Managers in supporting Youth developing into the team is that hunger factor. Stearman has it, Weso has it along with O'Grady. Possibly also to do with them supporting Leicester as fans for years as well. The Club means something special to them as their starting out Club. As a manager I would prefer to have this type to select from coz theyre the ones that will be our chance out of this division. Use it while we've got the chance and always pick O'grady before MDV please. Lets not forget Levein and MDV and how close it came to the end of our Club.

he's no worse then hammond and will be behind o'grady anyway, coming from the bench, who knows he may look useful (remember his 1st appearences at the end of the 04/05 season, looked quite impressive)

Archived