Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Lincoln Match

Douglas sounds as if he's following on from his last reserve game. Sounds like McAuley's leaving might have wound them up. I reckoned 4-1 to City!.

Before anyone loses faith in youth let's remember "experience" looked like taking us down a division for half of last year and as I recall Douglas is about as old as experience gets at Leicester.

Perhaps we're lucky that the Scottish Snorkel Diver has given his first penalty away before the season starts instead of on the first day of the season.

But before we blame the lads I always thought Kelly said we lose together and win together and I also remember that these same lads featured to a greater or lesser extent in three wins before that and sometimes changed what looked an uninspiring situation.

Whats changed is they have started the game instead of coming on with 5 mins to go.

The Side that tooks us down a division for half of last season had a average age of about 25. Thats hardly old. Also they nearly took us down a division to league one losing marginally to championship sides most of the time not getting battered by a league two team with Jamie Forresters "Experince" leading the line.

Winning breeds confidence but I don't think it'll hurt in the long run to get turned over by Lincoln, let's see how Rob manages now the team are losing and their confidence is being blasted full of holes, because without a doubt this will happen more than once when the real stuff starts.

Its only a Friendly don't worry.

I don't take anything from a win during friendlies and I don't take anything from a loss in a friendly obviously win may make morale, e.t.c, better but friendlies are only training session IMO.

We won most (all? doubt it not sure) our Friendlies last season....we had a great season didn't we?! :unsure:

:cry: what the hell is going?/not going on?

Rab The Brickie is mostly what's going on.

Rab failed to keep a speculative 25-yard shot out - a 'rare' error from him said the OS.

Rab then brought down one of their players in the box for a penalty. Saved the penalty but failed to stop the rebound.

He's to blame for 2 of the 3 goals so far.

Rab failed to keep a speculative 25-yard shot out - a 'rare' error from him said the OS.

Rab then brought down one of their players in the box for a penalty. Saved the penalty but failed to stop the rebound.

:huh: Deja Vou

Not that I'm defending him like but it sounds like there were plenty not doing there job before Rab got involved.

3-2 now!

City grabbed a goal back in the 48th minutes - Chris O'Grady doing well to get on the end of substitute Elvis Hammond's centre to finish from close range.

And the Foxes made it 3-2 two minutes later when O'Grady returned the favour with an inch perfect cross to Hammond who blasted the ball home.

Team update:

Leicester: Rab Douglas (Conrad Logan 45), Patrik Gerrbrand, Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth McAuley, Alan, Sheehan, Josh Low (Momo Sylla 45), Gareth Williams, Stephen Hughes, Levi Porter, Iain Hume (Elvis Hammond 45), Chris O'Grady.

What price COG starting instead of Hume at Luton?

Anyone spot the Sylla

Not that I'm defending him like but it sounds like there were plenty not doing there job before Rab got involved.

I understand, and I agree somewhat.

I'm inclined to ask - why did we allow someone a free shot from 25 yards?

Regardless, Rab - being the experienced keeper he is - should surely have done better with a shot - even the OS has him pinned with the blame for the goal.

Team update:

Leicester: Rab Douglas (Conrad Logan 45), Patrik Gerrbrand, Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth McAuley, Alan, Sheehan, Josh Low (Momo Sylla 45), Gareth Williams, Stephen Hughes, Levi Porter, Iain Hume (Elvis Hammond 45), Chris O'Grady.

What price COG starting instead of Hume at Luton?

Anyone spot the Sylla

That worries me.

Isn't it funny how O'Grady and Hammond seem to have clicked. I'm beginng to think that if one of Fryatt or Hume gets injured, the best course of action would be to replace them both :P:)

Whats changed is they have started the game instead of coming on with 5 mins to go.

The Side that tooks us down a division for half of last season had a average age of about 25. Thats hardly old. Also they nearly took us down a division to league one losing marginally to championship sides most of the time not getting battered by a league two team with Jamie Forresters "Experince" leading the line.

If you are trying to make out City had a good side last season then you were watching different games to me.

I seem to remember your "older" heroes getting done 4-2 at Sheffield thanks to the help from Rab. but you carry on being as selective as you like.

The City squad with its young players taking parts of over 20 minutes at times had an aggregate advantage of 8-2 in three games. Three wins out of four was better than we managed for much of last season so it's a bit daft to start getting definitive at this stage.

But what you say doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Our young players, all young players everywhere, need encouragement while they establish themselves - and it is vital to our future in my opinion that some of them do - but instead you seem to take delight in mocking them - as one or two others have done.

I even warned a couple of weeks ago that there would be setbacks, that people would have to show some patience as they seem willing to for more senior players.

I've said before, and I mean it, that I would love the likes of Tiatto, Williams, Hughes and Douglas to shine like Kisnorbo did second half of last season but I don't generally think that has been the case and I think now is the time to see if we can blood any potential alternatives (because we don't have money to buy any and we need assets in the end if we are going to survive).

Archived