Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Lincoln Match

Current team involved in the comback is;

Leicester:

Conrad Logan,

Patrik Gerrbrand, Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth McAuley, Alan, Sheehan,

Momo Sylla, James Wesolowski, Stephen Hughes, Levi Porter,

Elvis Hammond, Chris O'Grady / Louis Dodds.

I doubt many would have selected that team!

Current team involved in the comback is;

Leicester:

Conrad Logan,

Patrik Gerrbrand, Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth McAuley, Alan, Sheehan,

Momo Sylla, James Wesolowski, Stephen Hughes, Levi Porter,

Elvis Hammond, Chris O'Grady / Louis Dodds.

I doubt many would have selected that team!

I dislike playing with a flat back 5. :pinch: :thumbup::smile:

From OS:

Report: Lincoln City 3-3 Leicester City

0,,10274~2743274,00.jpg

Leicester City came back from three goals down to grab a 3-3 draw in their pre-season friendly against Lincoln City at Sincil Bank on Monday evening.

The Foxes had looked dead and buried at half time after goals from Lee Franklington, Scott Kerr and Jamie Forrester looked to have put the home side in an unassailable position.

But Leicester came out for the second period with a fresh spring in their step. Chris O'Grady got the ball rolling just three minutes after the restart, before Elvis Hammond got in on the act moments later. And own goal from the unlucky Imps defender Phil Watts late on would mean that the spoils were shared on the night.

Rab Douglas started in goal, with Patrik Gerrbrand, Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth McAuley and Alan Sheehan playing across the back line.

Levi Porter, Stephen Hughes, Gareth Williams and Josh Low played from the right to left in midfield, with Iain Hume partnering Chris O'Grady in attack.

Lincoln took the lead in the 18th minute. Franklington tried a speculative effort from 25-yards which forced a rare mistake from Rab Douglas who was only able to parry the ball over his head and into the back of the net.

The Imps doubled their advantage on 22 minutes - Kerr broke through the Leicester backline and fired the ball low past Douglas from 12 yards.

And it was 3-0 to Lincoln on 32 minutes. Douglas was adjudged to have brought down Mark Stallard inside his own penalty area. The City 'keeper made amends by saving Forrester's spot kick - but the former Northampton Town man was on hand to bury the equaliser from close range.

City grabbed a goal back in the 48th minutes - O'Grady doing well to get on the end of substitute Elvis Hammond's centre to finish from close range.

And the Foxes made it 3-2 two minutes later when O'Grady returned the favour with an inch perfect cross to Hammond who blasted the ball home.

Hammond almost grabbed a dramatic equaliser in the 65th minute. The Ghana international centre forward did all the hard work in turning the Lincoln backline, but his shot screwed wide of the target.

It was now all City and substitute Louis Dodds was next to try his luck. The young striker did well to get on the end of a Porter through ball, but Lincoln substitute goalkeeper Alan Marriott pulled off a magnificent save to deny.

City would complete their remarkable comeback in the 79th minute - Lincoln substitute Watts heading into his own goal from a Momo Sylla centre.

Att: 1,578

Leicester: Rab Douglas (Conrad Logan 45), Patrik Gerrbrand, Patrick Kisnorbo, Gareth McAuley, Alan, Sheehan, Josh Low (Momo Sylla 45), Gareth Williams (James Wesolowski 61), Stephen Hughes, Levi Porter, Iain Hume (Elvis Hammond 45), Chris O'Grady (Louis Dodds 66).

Lincoln: Simon Rayner, Colin Cryan, Jeff Hughes, Scott Kerr, Adie Moses, Lee Beevers, Lee Frecklington, Ryan Amoo, Mark Stallard, Jamie Forrester, Danny Bacon.

3-3 final score.

A decent result in the circumstances. It seems like RK took a Sven-like attitude to this game, looking at the performances of certain players, rather than go for the win.

I hope he goes with Logan and Elvis from the start on Friday.

I put it in cos I felt on a bit of a high.

There were important positives to take out of tonight.

1) First Rob Kelly deserves huge praise for showing he has the character as a manager to turn a 3-0 disaster round at half-time and inspire the lads to fight back for a draw.

2) The team after half-time deserve credit for having the pride to recover and stick with it. Such comebacks can have a great psychological effect - the Foxes Never Quit mentality if you like.

3) Presumably RK took the players off who he thought weren't performing well on the night and he left the youngsters in the team instead of risking wrecking their growing confidence. If that was how it was, masterstroke.

4) Our squad can only play the opponents of the day yet in League terms would have collected 10 points from 12 in four AWAY games. About par for a Kelly team but not with seven Academy or recent Academy players in the side. What a thrill it must have been for them all.

5) Surely Hammond and O'Grady have emerged as a definite alternative strike force and I think they can be a handful for anyone.

6) Oh yes and six goals. Even from this distance there seemed to be a bit of excitement. Let's hope we took further important steps forward tonight. Kelly said he'd turn to the kids and he did. More important he showed his faith in them.

3-3 final score.

A decent result in the circumstances. It seems like RK took a Sven-like attitude to this game, looking at the performances of certain players, rather than go for the win.

Certainly young Logan is suddenly presented with a genuiine chance to establish himself that he might not have expected. I hope he's kept himself fit enough and sharp enough to take it. Best of luck Conrad :thumbup::thumbup:

Certainly young Logan is suddenly presented with a genuiine chance to establish himself that he might not have expected. I hope he's kept himself fit enough and sharp enough to take it. Best of luck Conrad :thumbup::thumbup:

He didn't expect Henderson to take RK seriously with the 'pull your finger out' thus resulting in Rab being placed in goal.

Given a chance to shine after Rab was put in goal was to be expected, tho :pinch: :laugh: :laugh:

3-3 final score.

The problem with these comebacks is that everyone seems to forget we were 3-0 down at half time and instead of praising the team for the comeback we should be asking how the fvck did we manage to be 3-0 down in the first place!

But at least it does show we have some mettle coming back from 3-0 I'm not going to take that away from them!

The problem with these comebacks is that everyone seems to forget we were 3-0 down at half time and instead of praising the team for the comeback we should be asking how the fvck did we manage to be 3-0 down in the first place!

But at least it does show we have some mettle coming back from 3-0 I'm not going to take that away from them!

Agreed, the first half cannot be ignored, we still have many weak points.

Rab. :( <_<

Rab has a large share of the blame in two goals of the 3. Remove him and chances are we'd have only been 1-0 down.

It is ONLY a friendly...a run out to build sharpness and stamina, to try out formations and tactics and to build some team spirit. :thumbup:

I think some of you are reading WAY too much into the performance and the scorelines. :blink:

Wins are nice, and not losing is nice. Showing some spunk to fight back from 3 down is good, regardless of why we were three down. It wasn't an ideal starting team and it probably isn't how he intends us to kick-off most games - so give the squad a fudging break people. With no competative games played yet some of you really need a chill pill or a couple of pints. :P

The future is good! :D

Also interesting to note in the report that only a fantastic save by Lincoln's goallie prevented Doddsy from scoring after a deft through ball from Levi Porter. How many times did fans see those two combine to good effect in the Reserves?

Archived