Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Maybe, but lets hope its not!!!

Its all spin and shiite! He gone and the board have ****ed it!

This reminds me how long has this been going on?

NOVEMBER bloody NOVEMBER he got the green light to buy the club, I remember the cheers as birch gave the news, in the back of my mind it was always ther this "oh no i've seen this before" fantastic promises backed by noting in this case a lie playing the fans for fools.

A Board like these make me wish I supported someone else :mad::@:protest:

NOVEMBER bloody NOVEMBER he got the green light to buy the club, I remember the cheers as birch gave the news, in the back of my mind it was always ther this "oh no i've seen this before" fantastic promises backed by noting in this case a lie playing the fans for fools.

I think your desire to rant has blurred a vital fact. Namely that Mandaric wasn't given the green light to buy the club. He was given a green light to investigate the club's financial situation. He was later given a green light to make an offer. He has yet to be given the green light to actually buy the club. If he was given that particular green light, he'd have been installed in November, as you so boldly claim. :thumbup:

A board like this makes you wish you supported someone else eh? Who? Chelsea? Manchester United? ;)

Keep in mind, if it wasn't for a "board like this" you'd very well likely be supporting someone else anyway. :thumbup:

I don't see relegation as a real possibility.

18 Leicester 33

19 Hull 31

20 Luton 31

21 QPR 30

22 Barnsley 29

23 Leeds 24

24 Southend 24

You don't see a meagre four point gap something to be concerned over? Either you give me the details of the prescription you're on or I can give you the details of my optician. :thumbup:

evil.jpg

NOVEMBER bloody NOVEMBER he got the green light to buy the club,

I don't think MM has been in any hurry at all to finalise the bid - if you remember at the very start he said he would have preferred to announce his intentions much later than he did ( possibly due to the fact he was allgedly still owed circa £8 million from the Portsmouth deal ). Also he could have done his due dilligence about a month earlier than he chose to by my reckoning, which has put the time scale back. One advantage for MM with the delay is that any large player purchases can wait untill the summer, when presumably he will have a new manager in place. My opinion is that the media spin he has put out saying he is frustrated by the delay is another bargaining tool to drive the purchase price down - nothing wrong with that, he is a hard nosed businessman, and you do not make his sort of money by playing by the rules all the time and being nice.

IF you're right about Mandaric and the board then you have every reason to be angry.

I don't think he has gone though. Using the smokescreen of his mother getting ill would be a very bizarre way of retracting his bid, to say the least.

All I see is a further delay and one that, when the bid goes through, will have little bearing on the long term future of the club. 3 months really isn't the marathon that people are making out to be - what's made it worse is the relentless speculation on this thread and others.

If everyone just holds tight I reckon he'll be in charge by the end of February, latest. What would be the point in waiting until the summer especially when his money can pay the wages of loan players that we can get in after the transfer window closes.

What most annoys me about this saga isn't the delays but the melodramatic, sensationalist and ill-informed posting that goes on in this forum.

Everyone, chill the fk out. Milan will be here. And to throw in the obligatory cliche - patience is a virtue!

IF you're right about Mandaric and the board then you have every reason to be angry.

I don't think he has gone though. Using the smokescreen of his mother getting ill would be a very bizarre way of retracting his bid, to say the least.

All I see is a further delay and one that, when the bid goes through, will have little bearing on the long term future of the club. 3 months really isn't the marathon that people are making out to be - what's made it worse is the relentless speculation on this thread and others.

If everyone just holds tight I reckon he'll be in charge by the end of February, latest. What would be the point in waiting until the summer especially when his money can pay the wages of loan players that we can get in after the transfer window closes.

What most annoys me about this saga isn't the delays but the melodramatic, sensationalist and ill-informed posting that goes on in this forum.

Everyone, chill the fk out. Milan will be here. And to throw in the obligatory cliche - patience is a virtue!

I wouldn't be so sure. :(

I don't think MM has been in any hurry at all to finalise the bid - if you remember at the very start he said he would have preferred to announce his intentions much later than he did ( possibly due to the fact he was allgedly still owed circa £8 million from the Portsmouth deal ). Also he could have done his due dilligence about a month earlier than he chose to by my reckoning, which has put the time scale back. One advantage for MM with the delay is that any large player purchases can wait untill the summer, when presumably he will have a new manager in place. My opinion is that the media spin he has put out saying he is frustrated by the delay is another bargaining tool to drive the purchase price down - nothing wrong with that, he is a hard nosed businessman, and you do not make his sort of money by playing by the rules all the time and being nice.

Exactly.... and that's why an unfortunate accident to his mother (however bad) would not have deterred him had he been near completion! :rolleyes:

First it had to be done by the 15th of Dec. How many deadlines have we had since then? The reason MM hasn't walked away is that we are the bargain of the century. We're virtually giving him the club, if he fails it will have cost him almost nothing, if he succeeds he'll make a fortune.This deal will definately go through.

What annoys me is that my beloved club may suffer badly if things go wrong so don't give me that chill crap..you sleep easy..I'm worried! :cry:

First it had to be done by the 15th of Dec. How many deadlines have we had since then? The reason MM hasn't walked away is that we are the bargain of the century. We're virtually giving him the club, if he fails it will have cost him almost nothing, if he succeeds he'll make a fortune.This deal will definately go through.

Most of, if not all the deadlines have been dreamed up by the Mercury and people have taken them as gospel - heaven only knows why because everything else Blanderson has every written has been utter gobshite. He has absolutely no respect for any LCFC fans and has systematically belittled and bad-mouthed them from the day he took up office.

Exactly.... and that's why an unfortunate accident to his mother (however bad) would not have deterred him had he been near completion! :rolleyes:

Bollocks. The guy isn't a monster. It's his mother for fks sake. She might die.

You don't duck out of takeovers by using your mother as an excuse, especially someone like Mandaric who partly relies on his reputation for his continued success in business.

(Shit maybe I need to chill out after all!)

You don't duck out of takeovers by using your mother as an excuse, especially someone like Mandaric who partly relies on his reputation for his continued success in business.

Where have I said he is using it as an excuse?

Yep u need to chill1

Where have I said he is using it as an excuse?

Yep u need to chill1

my point is that Mandaric is doing what any caring son would do. looking after his family before his businesses. And so he should.

Leicester City will still be here next month but his mum might not.

If your a business man you don't duck out of takeovers even if your mother dies.I am sure that Mr Mandaric cares greatly for his elderly mother and is devistated at what has happened but it is exactly because he relies on his reputation that he would not delay the conclusion of the deal if it was close, however insensitive that my seem,if you see it any other way then you have a lot to learn about business!

If your a business man you don't duck out of takeovers even if your mother dies.I am sure that Mr Mandaric cares greatly for his elderly mother and is devistated at what has happened but it is exactly because he relies on his reputation that he would not delay the conclusion of the deal if it was close, however insensitive that my seem,if you see it any other way then you have a lot to learn about business!

So you are saying he is using it as an excuse then.

It's bullshit, you would not use the illness of your mother as an excuse, he doesn't owe us anything. If he didn't want to carry on he would just pull out... end of story.

he's gone to serbia, we don't know how long for. it's a delay because he will give the final word but it's not just him. i am sure his advisers are continuing the dialogue with the club and keeping Mandaric informed while he visits his mother.

(oh and I work in the financial markets, am qualifying as a management accountant and have a 1st class degree in investments and banking!)

go unashamed self promotion!!!

It's bullshit, you would not use the illness of your mother as an excuse, he doesn't owe us anything. If he didn't want to carry on he would just pull out... end of story.

Your all GOING ****ING CRAZY, whats up with all of you????? Babylon is the only one who has any logic.

Take a few deep breathes "It's still on" and it's coming :D

:thumbup: Kin 'A. Tell it like it is BB.

Although I did use the excuse "My Dad has had a heart attack" to get an extension on a piece of coursework when I was doing my A Level many years ago. It was a lie. :blush:

Whilst having the greatest sympathy for Milan and his family and completely respecting his actions,the absolute inevitability that something like this would happen is quite astonishing.Starting with that fateful Wedding reception the day before we played Forest,Don Revie's "burst blood vessel"in'49, Ken Leek's omission from the Cup Final in '61, the Johan Cruyff "signing",Frank Sinclair dropped in'99,Going from top 10 Prem regulars to Champ Chumps in 4 years,La Manga(twice) and us going bust,I KNEW this was coming.Its what supporting Leicester is about,always has been always will be.

Archived