Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Lucky you.

So the facts have now become educated opinions. That's what I was getting at.

The educasted opinion is bought up by some of the facts though. The facts are that MM has come out and been quoted as saying that there were more debts than he originally thought. The facts are that our manager has come out to say that he hasnt got two pennies to rub together. The facts are that this takeover bid was started on November the 1st and upto yesterday, we still hadnt finalised everything but I do understand that it is down to both parties and not solely on Leicester City.

Anyway, whether we will know the full facts documenting every thing that has gone wrong over the last 3 months is very doubtful, as probably is the MM takeover pre-deadline or if at all. I hope to god that something happens quickly.

You know, being a LCFC fan these days means that you can be easily caught by one of those two sides involved in the takeover.

I can't compare this process with other football investments. I can't tell how long it took the Glazers or the new Icelandic investor at West Ham to complete their respective deals. But three months seems too long to me. Both sides act a bit shady. I'm aware of the fact that you cannot communicate every single piece of information to the outside (e.g. supporters and press) for confidentiality reasons.

But still, the Board has to take a partial blame for this. After all, they've disappointed and disillusioned a few supporters with their passive behaviour by not willing to open all books at once. Safety measure or just plain stupidity? Probably both. It speaks for the so-called "professionalism" of this company. Their choices are about to make the club, the city and the supporters all over the world look like a laughing stock (again).

Yes, Mandaric has to take the other part of the blame. His tactics seem to be to wind up people by delaying the process himself and to create an atmosphere to sort of discredit the current Board and to create an poisonous atmosphere. This is not his first takeover and I can't see much differences to the situation at Pompey what the legal instances are concerned.

Oh, and I forgot the local press whose style of journalism shifts between objective and yellow press.

So, which side are you on?

You know, being a LCFC fan these days means that you can be easily caught by one of those two sides involved in the takeover.

I can't compare this process with other football investments. I can't tell how long it took the Glazers or the new Icelandic investor at West Ham to complete their respective deals. But three months seems too long to me.

Yes, the Board has to take a partial blame for this. After all, they've disappointed and disillusioned a few supporters with their passive behaviour by not willing to open all books at once. Safety measure or just plain stupidity? Probably both.

Yes, Mandaric has to take the other part of the blame. His tactics seem to be to wind up people by delaying the process himself and to create an atmosphere to sort of discredit the current Board and its inability. This is not his first takeover and I can't see much differences to the situation at Pompey what the legal instances are concerned.

So, which side are you on?

I suppose Ive been quite clear in my last few posts that I side with MM and a lot of that is down to the previous history of the people that mismanage LCFC.

Mandaric is of course a businessman and it would be ideal for him to take Leicester at a low point to get a better deal but I cant for the life of me think why he would attempt to blatantly lie (vocal that we have lost potential transfer targets and has been critical of delay) and delay the takeover when he thought that with his investment back in November of December that we had an outside chance of getting into the play-offs.

Also, from reading about MM on Pompey fansites they seem to love the bloke and he seems far from dishonest.

The facts are that MM has come out and been quoted as saying that there were more debts than he originally thought.

Well I'm not aware of any quote by MM re this. What has been published is conjecture by news papers and even then debt is not specifically mentioned - people have assumed that from unsubstantiated reports.

Dec 28th Financial and legal issues were raised during due diligence - The Times
Dec 28th Higher level of financial burden - TheMercury

Well I'm not aware of any quote by MM re this. What has been published is conjecture by news papers and even then debt is not specifically mentioned - people have assumed that from unsubstantiated reports.

It was a Sky Sports interview on the day that he ripped the Beckham transfer to the US to shreds. He basically said that "sure there were more debts than first thought" but at that stage he wasnt harping on about it and almost brushed it a side, trying to sound positive.

Game over.

Next! With all these American wanting in to the Premiership, someone is bound to come along soon. Not many Prem clubs left to be bought are there!

I reckon we will have a new owner come the start of next season.

Are you serious? At this rate there won't be a club for anyone to buy.

lol

I enjoy BF's perspective...but I have to admit, I remain to be convinced that he is Mother Shipton reincarnate.

Well I wouldnt worry, she was always wrong... and whats with living in a cave ffs?? :rolleyes:

This could all have been done and dusted weeks ago, but no our oh so glorious saviours of yesteryear thought they were bigtime.

MM's mum is ill and he is having no business dealings until that situation is resolved, it may be today it may be tomorrow or it may be in 8 weeks. While emotion is dictating his thoughts at present we are not at the top of the list and we might not have enough to stay afloat beofre we are again.

I for one remain puzzled why he can't sign the papers via fax if his lawyers have ironed out all the quirks etc...

Does anyone belive we have enough in our squad to make up for a 10 point loss? The arses that have run our Club to the brink of oblivion are currently locked in room under the table quivering and shaking as they have no idea what to do.

I didn't believe it could be this bad.

Bolf Fox...???

Surely you of all people should know what's going on, you're the man on the inside after all?

I'm very disappointed.....shame on you

I must make it clear Master fox that my expertise lie solely on the transfer front.

If you were to ask me, are we going to sign a Premiership class striker with Pace, Skill, Strength, and Finishing ability, by the end of next week ?????

My Answer would be 'no'.

Archived