Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

The trust have been a bit quiet of late.

They are still adamant they've not received the bid in writing yet, which if true means the take-over is still at best a few days off completion.

They did say the other day that they were optimistic it would go through soon though.

They are still adamant they've not received the bid in writing yet, which if true means the take-over is still at best a few days off completion.

They did say the other day that they were optimistic it would go through soon though.

Well I hope it happens soon,I would imagine MM's patience has all but ran out,he'll pull the plug if their not careful :cry:

I'm sure things can continue without MM, as we already knew that the deal wasn't going to be completed today, I'm sure it's still possible for the bid to go out and be circulated without MM actually being here, his advisors will know what he wants.

Deal on ice

By Bill Anderson and Andy Mann

The takeover of Leicester City hit an unforeseen delay yesterday just when the issue was nearing completion.

A family emergency forced Milan Mandaric to break off finalisation talks in London and go to Belgrade where his 86-year-old mother is seriously ill after a fall.

This means the much-delayed £25million takeover, believed to be within a day or so of being signed and sealed, has had to be put on hold until Mandaric is available again.

But before yesterday's setback, a source close to the club insisted that Mandaric's proposed takeover remained on track.

It is now three months since Mandaric launched his bid for City, and more than two months since he was given the "green light" by shareholders at an extraordinary general meeting to look at the club's books.

City supporters are becoming increasingly frustrated at the length of time it is taking for the deal to be done.

There is also frustration at the lack of clear information surrounding the takeover.

However, the Leicester Mercury understands that both parties remain hopeful the deal will be resolved soon.

The source admitted there is frustration at the takeover process dragging on, but that "all parties were keen to finalise the negotiations".

The source added that football club takeovers were rarely completed quickly.

Indeed, Icelandic businessman Eggert Magnusson's takeover of West Ham last year took around three months to complete, while Dubai International Capital's bid for Liverpool, which was launched at the start of December, is ongoing.

However, frustration has been growing among City fans at the length of time Mandaric's takeover is taking to finalise.

The Mercury has been inundated with letters from supporters asking why the deal is dragging on.

Dell Elliott, of Loughborough, said: "A man has come along who understands and communicates with the only permanent factor at clubs, the fans.

"Why it has taken this long to complete a transfer of the club remains a mystery."

Chris Ingham, of Leicester, said: "The official City website has a plea for fans to take part in a promotion to enter a draw to win funds to buy a player. Instead, why don't the board pull their fingers out and let Milan Mandaric take over and buy more than one?"

Mandaric had been hopeful of taking over in time for Saturday's game against Cardiff.

The source said: "It gives you an idea how close we are. It's edging there."

http://www.thebluearmy.co.uk/details.asp?b...6269754|p|536|0

I'm sure things can continue without MM, as we already knew that the deal wasn't going to be completed today, I'm sure it's still possible for the bid to go out and be circulated without MM actually being here, his advisors will know what he wants.

don't agree with that.

If he's going to announce that the takeover is complete then he'll want to be here.

If he's putting all that money into the club, then no way is he going to let someone else announce it on his behalf.

don't agree with that.

If he's going to announce that the takeover is complete then he'll want to be here.

If he's putting all that money into the club, then no way is he going to let someone else announce it on his behalf.

I didn't say it'd be announced, I said that the bid could be completed and given to the shareholders without him, which it hasn't been yet.

Surely MM has a team of legal represenatives that can continue the talks without him anyway, so this is only likely to be a minor delay i'd have thought. Unless MM is seriously having second thoughts and thinks he might aswell call it all off, I wouldn't blame him.

Looks like another weeks delay then.

Thursdays are starting to piddle me right off.

Get well soon Mrs Mandaric.

Official Statement

Leicester City have today sent their best wishes to Milan Mandaric after news emerged that his mother has been taken ill.

Mandaric has flown out of the country to comfort his mother, and as a result of that discussions with the Club have been put on 'temporary hold'.

A statement from Mandaric's advisors said: "Due to personal and unforeseen circumstances Milan Mandaric's ongoing negotiations with LCFC have had to be put on temporary hold.

"Milan flew to Europe this morning to be with his 86-year-old mother who has been taken seriously ill in hospital.

"Unfortunately her condition remains unstable and Milan would ask and appreciate people to respect his privacy at a time of worrying personal concern."

A Club Spokesman added: "On behalf of everyone connected with Leicester City Football Club, the Board of Directors, management, players, staff and supporters would like to send their good wishes to Milan Mandaric and his family at this difficult time."

A further statement will follow as and when appropriate.

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~970298,00.html

Archived