Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Seems to me Milan has got a case of cold feet. If he was serious about his intentions to bring players in then surely someone else could have done that job?

Get ready for League 1 guys because that's where we're heading!

What a complete let down!

I blame the board for this disaster

Seems to me Milan has got a case of cold feet. If he was serious about his intentions to bring players in then surely someone else could have done that job?

Get ready for League 1 guys because that's where we're heading!

What a complete let down!

I blame the board for this disaster

Why didn't they provide a minder for his mum whilst the negotiations were ongoing?

Well, this is a major concern. At times of personal crisis, the last thing one is interested in is getting involved in new business interests. Especially ones which might be pursuing for fun.

We cannot blame the board for this one.

Lets see these other options then.

Well, this is a major concern. At times of personal crisis, the last thing one is interested in is getting involved in new business interests. Especially ones which might be pursuing for fun.

We cannot blame the board for this one.

Lets see these other options then.

Agreed,if he had any doubts we are in the crap now because his mum's health is going to be infinately more important to him than some hobby he was considering! :cry:

There's no need to panic. Lets say that Milan took over within the next few days, do you really think we are going to have the time to bring in the quality needed to improve the club before the window shuts? Were miles from the playoffs so even if it did happen we still wouldn't make them.

Lets just be patient and wait until the summer before spending on players and then make a playoff push next season. It's far too late to do it this season.

We may as well spend the time between now and the end of the season getting rid of the dead wood, and bringing some youngsters through. We really have nothing to lose because I don't see relegation as a real possibility.

There's no need to panic. Lets say that Milan took over within the next few days, do you really think we are going to have the time to bring in the quality needed to improve the club before the window shuts? Were miles from the playoffs so even if it did happen we still wouldn't make them.

Lets just be patient and wait until the summer before spending on players and then make a playoff push next season. It's far too late to do it this season.

We may as well spend the time between now and the end of the season getting rid of the dead wood, and bringing some youngsters through. We really have nothing to lose because I don't see relegation as a real possibility.

O.. well that's alright then! :blink:

If she does not survive this, I do not think much will happen with the takeover for some weeks. He will be no doubt be disinterested in anything other than his own grief and famiy affairs. There will no longer be any urgency since the transfer window is closing. I lost my mother in exactly the same circumstances and my sympathies go out to him and his family.

If she does not survive this, I do not think much will happen with the takeover for some weeks. He will be no doubt be disinterested in anything other than his own grief and famiy affairs. There will no longer be any urgency since the transfer window is closing. I lost my mother in exactly the same circumstances and my sympathies go out to him and his family.

Sadly chances are that at 86 if she's had a bad fall she may never recover but it may not be fatal either which means quite rightly MM will want to stay close and that could put us in limbo for a long long time!

I guess this is Mandy's way of saying to the Board

"If you constantly fudge with me, I'll just head back to Serbia and see my mother".

Yes the delays have been infuriating.. and we're all feeling deflated. But you cannot say that Milan wanted this to happen.

Please try and have some respect and put yourself in his position for a second.

His priorites right now will have changed.

Are you saying the board pushed her downstairs? That's just plain ridiculous. Pointing the finger at the Foxes Trust is probably a better option for some.

It wouldn't suprise me if they were involved, they should be interviewed about it, prefferable by Bill Anderson.

Are you saying the board pushed her downstairs? That's just plain ridiculous. Pointing the finger at the Foxes Trust is probably a better option for some.

Yeah I blame them as well. It wouldn't surprise me if the foxes Trust flew out there and did this? Absurd you might say, but quite possible given the circumstances. I do truly believe the Foxes Trust should be held accountable for this.

The fact that MM said this should have done and dusted weeks ago is their entire fault.

But I cannot understand why things still can't progress with takeover even though Mandaric is in Serbia looking after his mother?

Yes the delays have been infuriating.. and we're all feeling deflated. But you cannot say that Milan wanted this to happen.

Please try and have some respect and put yourself in his position for a second.

His priorites right now will have changed.

I'm not claiming anything at all. But if the board had been more proactive, we'd now already have completed the takeover.

In the end, they'll have to blame themselves for their inability.

lets not loose sight of the bigger picture here.

now there is a chance we wont be able to sign any players if the window closes.

That would be a shame but is not the number 1 priority. Financial support for this ground we have hanging round the clubs neck and the debts is the main priority surely. If it means waiting another day, week, month or until the summer then so be it.

Signing players, at this present moment, comes secondary at best to getting the club back on competitive financial level.

lets not loose sight of the bigger picture here.

now there is a chance we wont be able to sign any players if the window closes.

That would be a shame but is not the number 1 priority. Financial support for this ground we have hanging round the clubs neck and the debts is the main priority surely. If it means waiting another day, week, month or until the summer then so be it.

Signing players, at this present moment, comes secondary at best to getting the club back on competitive financial level.

Which is no doubt what the current board is trying to do, but they get slated for not being positive, not backing the manager etc etc. Their priority is (clearly) not to sign players or splash the cash but they're are copping a lot of criticism for their prudence.

I'm not saying I'm any different - I'd love to see new players coming in (and good ones at that). But we have to be realistic.

Interesting article on the Mercury website about how we paid £150k for a player in 1969 (when it cost pennies to get a match ticket) and in 2007 we cannot afford that sum for Joey Gudjonsson (when match tickets are close to 30 quid).

Archived