Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Milan Mandaric has targeted leicester!

Whilst having the greatest sympathy for Milan and his family and completely respecting his actions,the absolute inevitability that something like this would happen is quite astonishing.Starting with that fateful Wedding reception the day before we played Forest,Don Revie's "burst blood vessel"in'49, Ken Leek's omission from the Cup Final in '61, the Johan Cruyff "signing",Frank Sinclair dropped in'99,Going from top 10 Prem regulars to Champ Chumps in 4 years,La Manga(twice) and us going bust,I KNEW this was coming.Its what supporting Leicester is about,always has been always will be.

Wouldnt be Leicester any other way would it?

Nor would i want it any other way. It is what makes supporting a football club so special, the ups and downs. However Leicester have had to many downs recently which makes the ups all the more worthwhile. Patience is a virtue. WHEN he does buy, and Leicester do regain their long awaited premiership status it will have been worth the wait. Just you wait and see!

Wouldnt be Leicester any other way would it?

Nor would i want it any other way. It is what makes supporting a football club so special, the ups and downs. However Leicester have had to many downs recently which makes the ups all the more worthwhile. Patience is a virtue. WHEN he does buy, and Leicester do regain their long awaited premiership status it will have been worth the wait. Just you wait and see!

Won't happen..pure and simple..said it last week and the week and month before,saying it now and next week will be saying it next month and the month after,we will get out of this mess eventually but it will be slow and painful and without MM and his money!

lets not loose sight of the bigger picture here.

now there is a chance we wont be able to sign any players if the window closes.

That would be a shame but is not the number 1 priority. Financial support for this ground we have hanging round the clubs neck and the debts is the main priority surely. If it means waiting another day, week, month or until the summer then so be it.

Signing players, at this present moment, comes secondary at best to getting the club back on competitive financial level.

Spot on :thumbup:

The deal will happen, later than hoped but we will do a couple of loan deals before the end of March cut off and Milan will wait for the summer when he will make a decision on the manager . The manager or new manager will have the cash to spend in the summer.....now all chill out.

The deal will happen, later than hoped but we will do a couple of loan deals before the end of March cut off and Milan will wait for the summer when he will make a decision on the manager . The manager or new manager will have the cash to spend in the summer.....now all chill out.

Iain Dowie has been promised the job.

Compared to other take-overs 3 months would have been relatively quick.

WTF though, I heard on the radio (IN WALES, YES WALES!) the deal had collapsed!

I was at work a the time. Lobbed my lump hammer and it stuck in the stud wall by my mates foot! Funny though, he didn't say a word.

I reckon it'll probably go through on the 29th or something and we'll make a couple of quick signings paying way over the odds. It's supposed to be pretty much done now, when he gets back it'll go through.

He isn't ducking out.

it wouldnt supprise me if we have the deals lined up ready

Bollocks. The guy isn't a monster. It's his mother for fks sake. She might die.

You don't duck out of takeovers by using your mother as an excuse, especially someone like Mandaric who partly relies on his reputation for his continued success in business.

(Shit maybe I need to chill out after all!)

The facts are MM showed an interest in us ages ago. He only sped up the bid when he was alerted of a rival bid. He then seemed to come up with a plan to take over way before the window opened, get players in and have a dash at the play-offs/ Since then he has been confronted by all sorts from lies about the debt to whats seems to be incompetence from the board and cocks like the Trust sticking there beak in.

Putting aside that his poor mother is at deaths door...

I reckon he will take over in the summer if we are still in the championship. If he cant influence the squad because of the iminent problems with the takeover, his mums illness and the window closing he`ll think there is no rush. Maybe he can get us for a £1 come the summer because we have fooked things up.

The facts are MM showed an interest in us ages ago. He only sped up the bid when he was alerted of a rival bid. He then seemed to come up with a plan to take over way before the window opened, get players in and have a dash at the play-offs/ Since then he has been confronted by all sorts from lies about the debt to whats seems to be incompetence from the board and cocks like the Trust sticking there beak in.

Putting aside that his poor mother is at deaths door...

I reckon he will take over in the summer if we are still in the championship. If he cant influence the squad because of the iminent problems with the takeover, his mums illness and the window closing he`ll think there is no rush. Maybe he can get us for a £1 come the summer because we have fooked things up.

Facts, eh? Lies about the debt? Facts? "What seems to be incompetence from the board"? Facts?

It's crap like this that's giving Ultra all the ammunition he needs. We barely have any "facts" to go on so let's not pretend we do just because most of us are desperate for it to happen and are becoming frustrated at the whole process.

Facts, eh? Lies about the debt? Facts? "What seems to be incompetence from the board"? Facts?

It's crap like this that's giving Ultra all the ammunition he needs. We barely have any "facts" to go on so let's not pretend we do just because most of us are desperate for it to happen and are becoming frustrated at the whole process.

Sorry mate but I have no idea who Ultra is.

I certainly havent got any insider knowledge like some pricks say they have on here and nothing comes to fruition. I dont care what the Merc says, the Trust or the tabloids. have read how skint we are (RK didnt want to sell COG and has released 2 more to TRY and get ONE loanee in), I read official press reports, have listened and watched MM interviews and also look at the length of time this is taking (3 months and counting) and I make an educated opinion.

You can call it crap as much as you like but only an idiot can look at whats happening and think that all is well.

I reckon it'll probably go through on the 29th or something and we'll make a couple of quick signings paying way over the odds. It's supposed to be pretty much done now, when he gets back it'll go through.

He isn't ducking out.

i agree with you there.

but the players need to be the right ones

not just because there availble and could do some good

imo we need: lb(cover)

RM (definate)

CM(definate)

st(cover)

Lucky you.

I certainly havent got any insider knowledge like some pricks say they have on here and nothing comes to fruition. I dont care what the Merc says, the Trust or the tabloids. have read how skint we are (RK didnt want to sell COG and has released 2 more to TRY and get ONE loanee in), I read official press reports, have listened and watched MM interviews and also look at the length of time this is taking (3 months and counting) and I make an educated opinion.

You can call it crap as much as you like but only an idiot can look at whats happening and think that all is well.

So the facts have now become educated opinions. That's what I was getting at.

i agree with you there.

but the players need to be the right ones

not just because there availble and could do some good

imo we need: lb(cover)

RM (definate)

CM(definate)

st(cover)

We can do without a LB. The defence does not need anything doing to it just yet.

RM/CM are the most important by far. Everything else is optional for now.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

** cough cough **

:ph34r:

I wouldn't say only one ;)

The number of people who have stayed rational through this whole process can probably be counted on two hands though, some of the stuff that gets written is actually laughable.

We know about 1% of the actual story and people are forming their opinions around that. Then you have the Leicester Mercury who tries to fill in the other 99% for us with complete and utter horse shite... but i'm not going there again, i'll be ranting for hours.

18 Leicester 33

19 Hull 31

20 Luton 31

21 QPR 30

22 Barnsley 29

23 Leeds 24

24 Southend 24

You don't see a meagre four point gap something to be concerned over? Either you give me the details of the prescription you're on or I can give you the details of my optician. :thumbup:

evil.jpg

Well we have a game in hand on Barnsley etc, but I still think we're 'too good to go down' !! I'm not worried... yet!!

I don't think MM has been in any hurry at all to finalise the bid - if you remember at the very start he said he would have preferred to announce his intentions much later than he did ( possibly due to the fact he was allgedly still owed circa £8 million from the Portsmouth deal ). Also he could have done his due dilligence about a month earlier than he chose to by my reckoning, which has put the time scale back. One advantage for MM with the delay is that any large player purchases can wait untill the summer, when presumably he will have a new manager in place. My opinion is that the media spin he has put out saying he is frustrated by the delay is another bargaining tool to drive the purchase price down - nothing wrong with that, he is a hard nosed businessman, and you do not make his sort of money by playing by the rules all the time and being nice.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Archived