Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Head Honcho

Would you support MM if he sacks

If he sacked Kelly straight away, I'd be perplexed but I would back him as to me it would seem as if he had a plan and this was just the next step in it. I wouldn't have have been behind the MM bid if I hadn't already considered this issue and decided my opinion on it, to suddenly go against MM if he sacked Kelly would make me a bit of a hypocrite.

If he kept Kelly for a few games then sacked him, I'd probably be more annoyed. Sacking straight away (especially if another manager comes in quickly) at least shows evidence of a plan, if he let Kelly linger for a few games (presumably hoping for Kelly to lose those games to get the fans on his side) then sacked him, that wouldn't be very brave or very good for the club. That's the scenario that would annoy me the most, however I'd still back MM, for the reason mentioned in the 1st paragraph.

If he gives him until the end of the season (with or without money in January) then sacks him, I'd probably say fair dos unless he manages to get us near the playoffs. If he gets money in January and spends poorly, I'd imagine most would be behind RK going in the summer, if he gets no money in January and we finish poorly, I wouldn't be against him going as even with no additional investment I think we should be doing better. If he gets no money and we do well, then to sack him would be ridiculous.

But at the end of it all I'd still back MM. :thumbup:

I would back MM if he sacked Kelly. I'm fed up of paying good money on games to see Kelly field a team with a negative mindset. We have never moved away from the 'hoofball' era of MA although some people believe we have because the likes of CL and RK said they would get us playing football. On the other hand MA dealt with the matter and was honest about what our tactics were and got the rihgt personnel to make hoofball reasonably successful.

Don't get me wrong this isn't a plea to get MA back I'm just making the point that RK hasn't maximised the potential of the very few players that have it. Therefore he isn't doing a good enough job so I would have no qualms if MM relieved him of his duties.

I'd very annoyed, give the man who saved us from relegation some time first.

Review the situation at the end of the season - if Kelly has wasted money and got us nowhere then maybe.

I don't want to sound pessimistic but we might be in a relegation battle long before the end of the season.

Reading this thread generally, it does seem ironic that fans have called to loudly - and perhaps blindly - for MM to ride to the rescue with his millions, and those same fans are now suggesting he shouldn't chose his own manager.

Put yourself in his position. If you were prepared to bankrole the club with several million pounds wouldn't you want to chose your own managerial partner - be it Kelly or otherwise?.

I'd be pretty focked off to be honest. Everyone seems to think we will automatically get someone like Curbishley. Even the so-called more acceptable or realistic candidates like Newell and Cotterill have their downsides. Mike Newell did a decent job in previous seasons but then so did Kelly. Cotterill would hardly give everyone the attacking football they seem to desperately crave. One point from three games and suddenly BartonFox is right again. Another three or four unbeaten and he'll disappear. That's not meant as a stab against him, but the people who suddenly turn up in his wake every time we lose a game. It's going to happen when we have no money and injuries to key players.

I dread to think what the expectations are going to be like when Mandaric takes over. Of course it could all go swimmingly either with or without Kelly but it's no magic wand and even a couple of million (which I am far from certain that Mandaric will want to spend in January) would not guarantee a play-off place. Then you're in the business of Kelly being sacked, someone else taking over, finishing mid-table and fans turning on Mandaric for sacking Kelly.

Don't think it couldn't happen.

Cotterill is actually playing 3 strikers in his starting XI this season and the football they play has improved no end. I have always liked Cotterill's managerial traits, even when he was classed as a defensive manager. He's got a no nonsence approach, yet seems to really get on well with his players and get the best out of them. Let's be honest, he gets players like Gifton Noel-Williams to score goals and he also has learnt not to fritter money away.

PS I'd back MM, what's the point in advocating for him to take us over and then get straight on his back when he starts his revolution.

This club has swam in the waters of mediocrity for several years now and our prospective new owner has every right to want to change that for us. If that means, stripping the club down and building it back up then fair play to him. As long as it doesn't get worse for too long before it gets better.

A follow on from the when will kelly be sacked thread:

How many of you would support MM if he was to take over and sack Kelly straight away?

In the long term interests of the club I'd have to say it would probably be for the best.

I do like RK but I just can't see him improving as a manager, his coaching ability is without doubt but he seems to want to run with the horses and the hounds and you just can't do that as a manager.

You have to have some kind of distance between you and your players and I think that's where I think the current problems we are having lie.

..............apart from not being able to score :ph34r:

I'd support MM and I'd support the new man and I'd support LCFC.

How many of you would support MM if he was to take over and sack Kelly straight away?

In the long term interests of the club I'd have to say it would probably be for the best.

I do like RK but I just can't see him improving as a manager, his coaching ability is without doubt but he seems to want to run with the horses and the hounds and you just can't do that as a manager.

You have to have some kind of distance between you and your players and I think that's where I think the current problems we are having lie.

I think RK is a great guy, he's done well here (considering all the circumstances) but I dont think he'll get sacked.

I would like him to step down in a coaching role or something like that to path the way for a new manager to come in for the summer, and if MM wants this then I'm happy with it (aslong as RK doesnt leave the club because I think he's a good guy and coach and doesnt deserve the sack).

you never know you see, he could get some money from MM, make some key signings and we *could* be in the play-offs by the end of the season, and then these sacking threads will be long gone.

the good guy argument holds no water in my opinion, he could be an absolute saint who donates all his wages to cat shelters, cancer research etc but it would not alter the fact that he has a lot to learn about management. we've drawn against so many poor sides due to lack of ambition and prefer to sit back.

I think RK is a great guy, he's done well here (considering all the circumstances) but I dont think he'll get sacked.

I would like him to step down in a coaching role or something like that to path the way for a new manager to come in for the summer, and if MM wants this then I'm happy with it (aslong as RK doesnt leave the club because I think he's a good guy and coach and doesnt deserve the sack).

you never know you see, he could get some money from MM, make some key signings and we *could* be in the play-offs by the end of the season, and then these sacking threads will be long gone.

I agree to some extent, but Kelly was a stop-gap to stop us getting relegated, he isn't really a manager with good credentials and I don't think we'd progress under him if we had money to spend (signings like Low and Johnson speak for themselves - although of course they were freebies). I would prefer a more experienced boss, but not Perrin or Zajec !! :ph34r:

I would rather MM give him a little money money if January, between £250K and £500K perhaps, and see who he brings in+does it improve the results. If he doesn't at least challenge for the play-offs, let him go at the end of the season, unless he really needs to be sacked at an earlier point; like Levein (like if we are in the relgation zone etc).

Give Kelly a chance at the jan transfer window first at least, How come a few weeks ago the cheers were all in Rk's favour now after a few bad results people are against him, at the min he has nothing to play with.

PS. Is experience allways the best e.g. Peter Taylor :blink:

he didnt have experience of the premiership, so you could say he was inexperienced to spend that amount of money to find premership class players.

How anyone can pass judgement on RK is beyond me.

We have not seen RK buy decient players because he aint got any money and concidering the players we have got he has done us proud. MM may sack Kelly but it will be nothing to do with his record at city

Why is every one attacking RK,

It is not his fault that the club has no money and that we are short of players, so how can you blame RK for our current situation IMO he has done well with the resources available. When RK has done something that draws any blame, then criticise him until then get of his case.

I would rather see Kelly stay on and given the opportunity to prove him self under the right circumstances. Than get in some self centred, egotistic manager, who thinks he knows it all, yet knows nothing and wastes any money MM may spend on players.

Remember PT, (£23 million and cant admit he made mistakes)

Remember DB, (I am here, I wont do anything but be here)

Remember MA, (Bunch of has been’s he bought)

Remember CL (Was so laid back he was horizontal)

All where crap, all where suppose to be experienced, all where suppose to be good for city, not one was. They where crap, every one of them was so full of their own self importance that they forgot what they where suppose to manage city. We have all been there before, and the last thing we need is another shity manager to screw up a once in a lifetime opportunity.

RK may not have the tactical ability of MON but like MON he is not an over confident, cocky arrogant big headed manager. He is down to earth, knows he has a lot to learn and takes a cautious approach to his decisions and that is what we need. We do not need some big name manager with a pre-conceived plan that has failed many times before to come in and waste money buying a bunch of under performing tosser’s.

When RK fails then I will be the first to criticise but until he does get of his case and go back to moaning about the price of the pies.

Archived