Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
lookwhaticando

What do you think about...

The moderators at FoxesTalk  

58 members have voted

  1. 1. On a scale of 1 to 5, rate the performance of the moderators over all

    • 1 (terrible)
      10
    • 2
      11
    • 3
      25
    • 4
      8
    • 5 (brilliant)
      4
  2. 2. Do you suspect double-standards are being applied by mods?

    • No - they treat everyone fairly and evenly.
      12
    • Yes - Some 'crap' posts are removed while others are not - dependent upon the poster.
      46
  3. 3. Which, if any, of the following do you percieve to be the biggest problem relating to the moderating team?

    • Favouritism or Double-Standards
      23
    • Abuse of moderation powers
      3
    • Lack of communication relating to moderated posts
      14
    • A particular moderator (you suspect one mod of doing the 'heaviest' moderation)
      6
    • There are no problems.
      12


Recommended Posts

Posted

I love all the mods / Admin

They’re all just like big cuddly teddy bears!

One day I hope to become one myself

That's the spirit!

A model post there for all you newbies. Take a leaf from your Uncle Master Fox. :)

Posted

The admin on this site actually do a very good job

And what of all those many, many people who say that the performance of the moderators is unacceptable?

It's not good enough to simply ignore us, pleasing though it may be to the collective ego of the mod team.

Certain moderators need to take a good hard look at themselves. You are not helping them by denying that the moderation on Foxestalk is substandard when that is clearly the case.

Posted

It's hard when you're not a mod to appreciate what does or doesn't get moderated. Like with Nayshe, I don't delete a lot, I believe in free speech, tempting though it is at times. I've let stuff go, then seen someone else has removed it later.

As for favouritism - oh yes, it goes on all the time. If you don't keep me well stocked with red jelly babies, of course I will moderate your posts. Haven't you lot learnt anything? :rolleyes:

Posted

If you don't keep me well stocked with red jelly babies, of course I will moderate your posts. Haven't you lot learnt anything? :rolleyes:

Almost exactly the same joke as Nationwider cracked.

It seems there's a pattern developing. The more tales of dicontent with Foxestalk moderation pile up, the more moderators pop up to to congratulate themselves on doing such a great job.

I can't see a way out of it.

We've done all we can do. We've made our feelings known. The more people who state that they're not happy, the more we're ignored.

It's frustrating, is all.

Posted

A perfect example of our grievances was the thread created by Bertfox in the 'User Help and Suggestions' forum. He simply asked why one of his posts in the Cardiff match thread was deleted.

Granted, it was off topic - he was questioning the validity of a post made by a mod in which the mod gave 'reindeer ratings' instead of player ratings. Now if anyone else had created 'reindeer ratings' I'm sure it would have been deleted.

Bertfox's post in the Ratings thread was deleted immediately, and now his thread in the 'User Help and Suggestions' forum was deleted. No explanation given.

This sort of thing happens too frequently.

Posted

It's hard when you're not a mod to appreciate what does or doesn't get moderated. Like with Nayshe, I don't delete a lot, I believe in free speech, tempting though it is at times. I've let stuff go, then seen someone else has removed it later.

As for favouritism - oh yes, it goes on all the time. If you don't keep me well stocked with red jelly babies, of course I will moderate your posts. Haven't you lot learnt anything? :rolleyes:

I can honestly say that based on my experience as a Mod on another forum, more often than not you are damned if you do and damned if you don't. :(

Posted

Seriously? How the fook is the moderation here so dreadful it warrants half the comments in this thread? Sure there's probably a few mod / admin abuses of power but it's a lads banter forum about chebs, football and what's on TV.

Like I've said previously, I think since being here I've had all of one post deleted - OoOOooo the attrocity. Seriously, if this is the only thing in your life worth moaning about I seriously, seriously envy you.

Lemonm Harpic? What are you snorting, son? Go and have a wank you whiney, geek, post-whore weirdos. Jeeesh!

Posted

Most of the mods do a good job most of the time. However, some occasionally turn a blind eye to the flouting of the forum guidelines, especially where their mates are involved.

Let's just say that it shouldn't matter how prolific or popular a poster may be, they should still be treated the same as anyone else.

Posted

Most of the mods do a good job most of the time. However, some occasionally turn a blind eye to the flouting of the forum guidelines, especially where their mates are involved.

Let's just say that it shouldn't matter how prolific or popular a poster may be, they should still be treated the same as anyone else.

given the institutionalised cliqueness (is that a word? - you know what i mean!) of this forum i would say there's not much chance of that happening!!

:ph34r:

Posted
' date='Dec 29 2006, 01:21 PM' post='487783']

Woah, some people are taking this a little bit too seriously.

too seriously you say? an internet forum?

noooooo.

:o

Posted

The admin on this site actually do a very good job

And what of all those many, many people who say that the performance of the moderators is unacceptable?

It's not good enough to simply ignore us, pleasing though it may be to the collective ego of the mod team.

Certain moderators need to take a good hard look at themselves. You are not helping them by denying that the moderation on Foxestalk is substandard when that is clearly the case.

The more tales of dicontent with Foxestalk moderation pile up, the more moderators pop up to to congratulate themselves on doing such a great job.

I used the word admin, rather than mod. I was referring to Mark and one or two other individuals who have been here since Day One and who have overseen the development of the site as a whole. My comment wasn't meant to be a collective slap on the back for mods in general. I'm a member first, and a mod second.

Modding is a separate issue. Everyone with moderating privileges is subject to scrutiny by the other users and by the site owners. Comments that are made by posters are taken on board by mods - speaking from my experiences. It's just difficult for ten (mostly) disparate, anonymous people to always be pulling in the same direction. I think there's plenty to be taken from this thread though.

Posted

Almost exactly the same joke as Nationwider cracked.

It seems there's a pattern developing. The more tales of dicontent with Foxestalk moderation pile up, the more moderators pop up to to congratulate themselves on doing such a great job.

I can't see a way out of it.

We've done all we can do. We've made our feelings known. The more people who state that they're not happy, the more we're ignored.

It's frustrating, is all.

Jeez, I see the sarcasm bypass was a success then. As was the humourectomy?

Perhaps if some people didn't take things so seriously......

Posted

I have no problems with any mods on here!!

ok maybe I don't post as much as others but I can't see any reasons for complaints

Posted
a mod gave 'reindeer ratings' instead of player ratings. Now if anyone else had created 'reindeer ratings' I'm sure it would have been deleted.

As the 'Mod' behind Reindeergate I have to accept that you did not appreciate having the players names changed for something altogether more festive, in keeping with the season, along with festive analogies for the players.

I am sure that I speak on behalf of all of the Mods and Admin when I say that if anyone has any positive and/or constructive suggestions about how to move forward or improve the site then they would be warmly welcomed and acted upon wherever feasible.

Posted

I used the word admin, rather than mod. I was referring to Mark and one or two other individuals who have been here since Day One and who have overseen the development of the site as a whole. My comment wasn't meant to be a collective slap on the back for mods in general. I'm a member first, and a mod second.

Modding is a separate issue. Everyone with moderating privileges is subject to scrutiny by the other users and by the site owners. Comments that are made by posters are taken on board by mods - speaking from my experiences. It's just difficult for ten (mostly) disparate, anonymous people to always be pulling in the same direction. I think there's plenty to be taken from this thread though.

who does own the site, and how do they make any money? i'm not trying to be clever or contraversial, i'm just curious.

Posted

who does own the site, and how do they make any money? i'm not trying to be clever or contraversial, i'm just curious.

At a wild guess the answers are Mark and he doesn't make money from FoxesTalk in that order. ;)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...