Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Floating Fox

Leicester City Ultras?

So what will be the difference between L1 and "N block ULTRAS?"

Ultras will be more concered about cheering on the team whereas in L1 many chants are directed at the away fans and it can sometimes be a gathering ground for youths in tracksuits.

I am very interested in this idea and would love to see it take off -I am all for wearing blue and bringing flags and especially interested in singing - I havent read the whole thread but where exactly would you plan to have this area?? Part of the Kop? part of L1? or somewhere different?

Just out of interest...of all the people who have made postings on this subject...where do you currently sit? Are you a STH and are you prepared to move to a new block and hope that the ULTRA movement is what you expect?

I'm F1

Season ticket holder since 1999 ...

Would happily move if this got going!

Do you not think that that is a direct reflection of what we are being subjected to from the pitch?

Absolutely not.

I remember when Sunderland got relegated in the 1970s and they took 12,000 down to Naarrich for the day they got relegated.

That's the Ultra spirit - you show your support, no matter what dross is served up on the pitch.

I am very interested in this idea and would love to see it take off -I am all for wearing blue and bringing flags and especially interested in singing - I havent read the whole thread but where exactly would you plan to have this area?? Part of the Kop? part of L1? or somewhere different?

As Standupandsing said on the previous page, and has been mentioned throughout this thread already, we aren't sure where we'd have the area. We'd like it to be in block N, but we aren't going to say this is definitely where it'd be. There are a lot of things that need to be discussed and taken into consideration, and we'd need to have a couple of ideas so there's always a backup plan should one not go right. As soon as we know where it'd be, we'll be sure to let people know :)

Well nothing has been soprted so dont get carried away with the N block idea yet but L1 Has become somwhate a chav hotspot and Also has it's history of small toruble with away fans something the Ultra are trying to avoid.

Like I've said in previous posts....just trying to understand. I appreciate that the movement is in it's fledgling state. Where does the movement currently stand? Is there a seperate web site yet? What sort of numbers have you got that are interested? Have you put this idea to other LCFC supporters forums or sites?

So many questions!!!

Block N hopefully.

We will keep everyone who puts their name down on our website (which is being unvieled at midnight) on our plans and what is going on.

Like I've said in previous posts....just trying to understand. I appreciate that the movement is in it's fledgling state. Where does the movement currently stand? Is there a seperate web site yet? What sort of numbers have you got that are interested? Have you put this idea to other LCFC supporters forums or sites?

So many questions!!!

Questions are always welcome and I'd be happy to answer them as best I can considering this is still a very early stage.

Currently, we're just trying to gather support and get a few ideas together for a name. There is a separate website, and a link to it is not far off being posted on here for people to have a look. I'm unsure of the actual number, but considering we haven't turned up to a game with the idea, we haven't told people at the ground, haven't really mentioned it in the public domain (this forum is used by 3,000 users - but many users don't come on), the number is quite good I would think. We haven't put the idea to supporters on other forums because this is the biggest LCFC Forum and the one we use most frequently. Judging by our response on here, we may well choose to put it to supporters on other forums :)

Like I've said in previous posts....just trying to understand. I appreciate that the movement is in it's fledgling state. 1)Where does the movement currently stand? 2)Is there a seperate web site yet? 3)What sort of numbers have you got that are interested? 4)Have you put this idea to other LCFC supporters forums or sites?

So many questions!!!

1) We are in our extreme in early stage but the founding member currently stand in D2/E1 at the back on the kop

2) See my post above

3) Well we are hoping to get as many as possible :P At the moment we are looking at around 50 maybe?

4) the Trust Have seen our post's and I'm in touch with them. WE are in the process of putting an email to the club.

I remember when Sunderland got relegated in the 1970s and they took 12,000 down to Naarrich for the day they got relegated.

That's the Ultra spirit - you show your support, no matter what dross is served up on the pitch.

I don't think Sunderland in the '70's is a very good example. Sunderland have always had fanatical support that cannot be bought or organised. It is in their blood. Black cats will go any where. I spoke to a group of their supporters at Sth Mimms services the day we played Charlton in the FA Cup. They were on their way to Brighton....that's dedication for you....and they lost!!

Questions are always welcome and I'd be happy to answer them as best I can considering this is still a very early stage.

Currently, we're just trying to gather support and get a few ideas together for a name. There is a separate website, and a link to it is not far off being posted on here for people to have a look. I'm unsure of the actual number, but considering we haven't turned up to a game with the idea, we haven't told people at the ground, haven't really mentioned it in the public domain (this forum is used by 3,000 users - but many users don't come on), the number is quite good I would think. We haven't put the idea to supporters on other forums because this is the biggest LCFC Forum and the one we use most frequently. Judging by our response on here, we may well choose to put it to supporters on other forums :)

Maybe the people with Myspace and things like that could put something on there about it? Do you think that would attract anyone?

Maybe the people with Myspace and things like that could put something on there about it? Do you think that would attract anyone?

Hmmm that's a good idea methinks :thumbup: I think it could work, it'd certainly draw attention to the cause.. Depends how many City fans you have on your myspace, and whether or not they actually visit the ground. It'd be pointless if nobody on your myspace supported City, and the ones that did never went to the ground :thumbup:

I wouldn't put anything about smokes or flares in the initial e-mail etc. as that maybe to extreme due to health and safety and stuff like that, and could put them off.

Yeh I got that just showing people what Ultra UK groups are about. That website is really good with many pictures of the current scene.

I wouldn't put anything about smokes or flares in the initial e-mail etc. as that maybe to extreme due to health and safety and stuff like that, and could put them off.

Yeah I agree with Potter.

It's going to be hard enough to get the club to agree in the firstplace.

I agree with both of you - flares definitely shouldn't be mentioned at all, let alone right at the begining of the movement. I do however disagree with the email to the club thing. There is currently no draft of the email, and as it stands, no discussions about the actual sending date of the email have taken place. We have a lot of time to sort this out - still at least 10 home games this season. There is no need to rush. And considering that we are still in the early stages with this idea and receiving quite a few suggestions and bits of advice from people, we won't rush into sending an email to anyone. Hope that clears it up :)

I agree with both of you - flares definitely shouldn't be mentioned at all, let alone right at the begining of the movement. I do however disagree with the email to the club thing. There is currently no draft of the email, and as it stands, no discussions about the actual sending date of the email have taken place. We have a lot of time to sort this out - still at least 10 home games this season. There is no need to rush. And considering that we are still in the early stages with this idea and receiving quite a few suggestions and bits of advice from people, we won't rush into sending an email to anyone. Hope that clears it up :)

See my post boys lol. I would Never think of talking to the club about flares atm :P:P:thumbup:

I'm happy to put something on My Myspace :dunno:

I'm flattered and amused that so many posters appear attracted to the concept of the "Leicester Ultras".

Obviously, everyone understands that this is an attempt at humour - but it doesn't make it funny. There are a group of people here seriously trying to find a solution to the shite atmosphere in the stadium and you are content to infer that they are acting in defference to you? If they knew that the Leicester Ultra was an overweight middle aged man who stands with his flies open then maybe they'd have picked some other nomenclature.

Guys, I promise to read through Jamie's PM properly and reply as soon as - but my feeling is that you either join the standingupalreadygang in L1 or come and join us in E3. The guys behind me do a sterling job in trying to get chants going throughout the match and hardly any of the seats are presold at the back. Forget names, forget organisations - just come and sing!

I am fully behind any move to improve the atmosphere in the ground...just let me bring my flask :thumbup:

Obviously, everyone understands that this is an attempt at humour - but it doesn't make it funny. There are a group of people here seriously trying to find a solution to the shite atmosphere in the stadium and you are content to infer that they are acting in defference to you? If they knew that the Leicester Ultra was an overweight middle aged man who stands with his flies open then maybe they'd have picked some other nomenclature.

Guys, I promise to read through Jamie's PM properly and reply as soon as - but my feeling is that you either join the standingupalreadygang in L1 or come and join us in E3. The guys behind me do a sterling job in trying to get chants going throughout the match and hardly any of the seats are presold at the back. Forget names, forget organisations - just come and sing!

I am fully behind any move to improve the atmosphere in the ground...just let me bring my flask :thumbup:

I sit in E3 but only on row M and by the time the chants are heard they are stopped which really annoys me. I constantly turn round in the game to see the people on the back row singing and think its a shame that more people do not sing.

OR come over to E1. :D

I sit in E3 but only on row M and by the time the chants are heard they are stopped which really annoys me. I constantly turn round in the game to see the people on the back row singing and think its a shame that more people do not sing.

Pragmatically, I think it is understandable in a large stand with shite play on the pitch...but if EVERYONE that wanted to chant all grouped in one place then there'd be no problem, the volume would build.

Everyone in the Kop wants to sing, they just don't want to be the only one doing it. I really believe that.

Pragmatically, I think it is understandable in a large stand with shite play on the pitch...but if EVERYONE that wanted to chant all grouped in one place then there'd be no problem, the volume would build.

Everyone in the Kop wants to sing, they just don't want to be the only one doing it. I really believe that.

I totally agree. It doesn't even have to be as bigger movement as the Ultra's but just all the people that want to sing group together. Like you say the atmosphere builds and then once the performances get better then it will only improve.

Archived