Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Monk

Managerial Success Analysis

It has been noted and I can see no merit in having totally unnecessary in favour of a manager who to me presents no evidence that he would be likely to do a better job.

There is no point in change for its own sake. Kelly has got a steady record, knows the club and knows the players. If an exciting alternative emerged and Kelly was showing no signs of making progress then fine, but pointless upheaval could backfire more easily than it might be successful.

is it me Thrac or are you going soft? first slagging off hammond, then saying RK's not so bad. next you'll be wanting to scrap the youth team.

Rob Kelly February 13, 2006 Present 48 18 13 17 1.40

Jock Wallace May 24, 1978 July 12, 1982 169 62 48 59 1.38

I am amazed, shocked and just a slightly little bit upset at the order of things.

Reality is a bitch. :(

Top statwork Monk :thumbup:

I am amazed, shocked and just a slightly little bit upset at the order of things.

Reality is a bitch. :(

Top statwork Monk :thumbup:

As the once great Meatloaf once postulated, "you took the words right out of my mouth".

PS. I lied.

PPS. Bet you can't guess which bit.

Surely these stats show nothing more than numbers ? As its based on total games played as managers, Kelly could lose the next 30 and be right down the bottom or get sacked now and stay were he is, that does'nt mean he's a better manager than Craig Levein who managed 72 games as Levein's rating might have been that same as Kellys after 48 games, also it does'nt take into account the quality of football.

Nice one though Monk, if you understand the above your a better man than me. lol

Surely these stats show nothing more than numbers ? As its based on total games played as managers, Kelly could lose the next 30 and be right down the bottom or get sacked now and stay were he is, that does'nt mean he's a better manager than Craig Levein who managed 72 games as Levein's rating might have been that same as Kellys after 48 games, also it does'nt take into account the quality of football.

Nice one though Monk, if you understand the above your a better man than me. lol

I don't really see that logic. Kelly won't lose the next 30. He wouldn't get more than about 7 or 8.

Good point all the other managers stats include the period prior to their sacking which is inevitably poor. A better comparison can be done after RK screws up and has had the sack

is it me Thrac or are you going soft? first slagging off hammond, then saying RK's not so bad. next you'll be wanting to scrap the youth team.

Believe it or not I wanted his managership confirmed slightly earlier than it was and wrote on here a couple of weeks ago about the number of quality managerial candidates diminishing and seeing no sense in changing Kelly for the sake of it.

I even sent Kelly an email saying I hoped he kept his job if the new set-up materialises. Because he's done okay overall and there are just a few flickerings of encouragement.

Doesn't mean he doesn't frustrate the hell out of me over so many things to do with coaching, tactics, selections, communication and a host of other things.

Nor does it mean I wouldn't like us to have a genuinely exciting, innovative and imaginative manager who could lift the club's profile in every way. But where are such people who are willing to work at this level and for the price we're likely to pay?

But being critical of Kelly doesn't mean for a minute that I'm against him.

It's when criticism is not worth the effort you want to worry.

As for Hammond I didn't slag him off. You mistook my believing he was our best option at the time for thinking I wouldn't want better. I would always look to improve every postiion.

I don't rest easy on anyone. At least seven-and-a-half good games out of 10 would be my yardstick as a manager - for my captain, my brother, my son, my personal signings or anyone else, including me. It's the level needed for success.

Anything less and I'd want to know why.

Surely these stats show nothing more than numbers ?

Correct, Stats are just numbers!!

All I have done here is added in the points per game stat which I worked out. I am not saying that these stats represent anything, and the criticisms above are correct - If I can get hold of extra info I will try to enrich what I have already done!

I wonder if kelly is the one who has brought in the least amount of players???

Irrespective of that, he's already made a profit on his worst signing [debatable]

Impressive stuff.

How you can gauge the performance of a manager like Kelly who has no money to spend to one like Peter Taylor who had a few quid about is impossible. Fans know exactly what the input is of individuals whether its managers ir even players. i wouldnt need Opta to tell me that Josh Low was shite :D

Big Up the apologists :thumbup:

Four points off relegation and playing the worst football for a generation tells me exactly how successful Rob Kelly is.

At least he won't be around too much longer :thumbup:

If MM doesnt come in soon RK will be there for years mate! BTW its a little harsh on a bloke who hasnt got any money to even get a loan player in! His exploits last season were enough to give him a chance as without him we may well have been plying our trade with F**est.

If MM doesnt come in soon RK will be there for years mate! BTW its a little harsh on a bloke who hasnt got any money to even get a loan player in! His exploits last season were enough to give him a chance as without him we may well have been plying our trade with F**est.

Gordon Lee :thumbup:

I've not read any of this thread other than Monk's first post.

The fact we are 18th in the table shows that Rob Kelly is nothing more than a run of the mill manager. I'm more interested in his points per game ratio this season, which probably isn't much higher than Craig Levein's from this time last season and that got the sweaty the boot.

I've not read any of this thread other than Monk's first post.

The fact we are 18th in the table shows that Rob Kelly is nothing more than a run of the mill manager. I'm more interested in his points per game ratio this season, which probably isn't much higher than Craig Levein's from this time last season and that could the sweaty the boot.

My boot has been sweaty or a while, waiting for MM do the deed!! But I have a bad feeling MM will give RK time possibly till the end of the season!!!

Taking into account the leagues that each manager achieved their points in, it's pretty clear that MON (as if we didn't already know) did an amazing job - to get a ratio that high while most of his time was spent in the Premiership (and with relatively no money) is impressive.

Little was a good manager for us, but his stats are obviously helped by the seasons spent in the lower division (when we were obviously doing well by getting into the play-offs).

As I would expect, it shows Rob Kelly is doing OK but nothing spectacular.

I even sent Kelly an email saying I hoped he kept his job if the new set-up materialises. Because he's done okay overall and there are just a few flickerings of encouragement.

Did you get a reply? Did you mention Dodds?

I'm not taking the piss, I'm genuinely interested if you inquired about him/other prospects.

Did you get a reply? Did you mention Dodds?

I'm not taking the piss, I'm genuinely interested if you inquired about him/other prospects.

I did get a reply from the club and didn't really expect one from Kelly.

It didn't seem like the right time to ask about Dodds or anyone else.

Not sure he's likely to say much to say on the subject that would be new to me anyway.

Archived