Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

Official Statement

'BBC Radio Leicester understands that following the resignations the deal with Milan Mandaric could be done within the next two weeks'

"TWO WEEKS!" ...how are we meant to cope with that! It was meant to be done and dusted a fortnight ago :rolleyes::yawn:

"TWO WEEKS!" ...how are we meant to cope with that! It was meant to be done and dusted a fortnight ago :rolleyes::yawn:

'BBC Radio Leicester understands it is to give the new Milan Mandaric thread a chance to grow. Milan Mandaric states that he wants it in the top 10 before considering taking over'.

I don't think I could take another 2 weeks!

It will take 2 weeks until it can be Stevie Wondered (signed, sealed and delivered, for anyone who didn't get it). But it can be agreed by the shareholders within 48 hours. But an EGM will need to be done for it to be completely sorted. But within the next few days MM could be in the driving seat.

I must say, i've been sat on this bus for months now and finally it's about to set off to Skegness for a shit holiday, but I love shit 'olidays.

'BBC Radio Leicester understands it is to give the new Milan Mandaric thread a chance to grow. Milan Mandaric states that he wants it in the top 10 before considering taking over'.

...I think we all knew it'd come down to us in the end :o

Typical Mandaric. He's sneaky as ****, but I admire him and love him.

I feel exactly the same way. He's the sort guy who does more in a day than most do in a couple of years.

Somehow I think if were ever told the details of the deal it would like volunteering for a lumbar puncture but the hope now is that the fans feel as positive about the guy a few years down the line.

At least life doesn't seem so dull now.

Sounds good, i'm gonna go and get one aswell.

Shall we compare cuisine when we get back?

The good folks at Chunkies (as it should be called) or Chunkyz (as I think it is on their sign) made me this today for my special price of £1.40.

Sausage, bacon, brown sauce mixed with mayonnaise, black pepper and a couple of grilled tomatoes.

Awesome.

How was yours Ric?

I feel exactly the same way. He's the sort guy who does more in a day than most do in a couple of years.

Somehow I think if were ever told the details of the deal it would like volunteering for a lumbar puncture but the hope now is that the fans feel as positive about the guy a few years down the line.

At least life doesn't seem so dull now.

Too right. All us fans want is some excitement of some sort. He'll give us that alright.

The good folks at Chunkies (as it should be called) or Chunkyz (as I think it is on their sign) made me this today for my special price of £1.40.

Sausage, bacon, brown sauce mixed with mayonnaise, black pepper and a couple of grilled tomatoes.

Awesome.

How was yours Ric?

£1.80

A Baguette the size of Geoff Capes arm

Filled with Bacon, Sausage, cheese and brown sauce.

Cowabunga.

Ok, bit late off the mark today, busy , but on first impressions I see that the 31st of Janurary is the cut off point for the inland revenue for that year? Dont know for sure but i might be right here along with the take over plans I think It would have been a logical step for certain shareholders to step down to start the MM ball rolling.

Call it a smoothing of the path for MM...

Nice to hear barber and co who seem to think its 2 weeks before its done and dusted.... No one knows for sure when..... likely to be the law firms slowing the process down to make as much money out of it as they can.

Do they care for a loan window?...no there all egg chasers! lol

Right, I've been thinking about this for a bit, and this is what I think is happening.

The board have recieved the bid as Dave. said. They have added their recommendation and sent it on the shareholders. They have indicated their own acceptance of the bid, and now they have stepped down.

The reason for this it seems to me is to say, we believe this is the way forward for the club. If sufficient shareholders disagree and reject the bid, then we do not feel able to remain on the board, as effectively the choice we have made will have been rejected. Therefore we stand down now to make this clear.

This should also make it clear to those who might wish to reject it that they will have to come up with an alternative, and that they will face the resulting flak from the fans.

A clever move, as it places the ball firmly in the court of the shareholders, and leaves them little alternative but to accept the bid. I'm actually quite impressed. :thumbup:

Right, I've been thinking about this for a bit, and this is what I think is happening.

The board have recieved the bid as Dave. said. They have added their recommendation and sent it on the shareholders. They have indicated their own acceptance of the bid, and now they have stepped down.

The reason for this it seems to me is to say, we believe this is the way forward for the club. If sufficient shareholders disagree and reject the bid, then we do not feel able to remain on the board, as effectively the choice we have made will have been rejected. Therefore we stand down now to make this clear.

This should also make it clear to those who might wish to reject it that they will have to come up with an alternative, and that they will face the resulting flak from the fans.

A clever move, as it places the ball firmly in the court of the shareholders, and leaves them little alternative but to accept the bid. I'm actually quite impressed. :thumbup:

That's a very good point The Hat, I think you've possibly nailed it.

Potentially a good bit of analysis.

I just hope you're not giving them too much credit! lol

I think all will be revealed soon enough.

As people leave/resign or the vote is done, presumably people are free to talk about it and are no longer effectively 'gagged'.

I must say, i've been sat on this bus for months now and finally it's about to set off to Skegness for a shit holiday, but I love shit 'olidays.

I feel like I've been sat on this bus for months now, but I need to get off and have a good shit. Finally, it is coming to the bus terminus. I can't wait...I love a good shit.

CITY CHIEF QUITS OVER MILAN DEAL

More Headlines | Back to home page

Be the first reader to comment on this story

BY BILL ANDERSON

CHIEF SOCCER WRITER

10:15 - 01 February 2007

Leicester City chairman Andrew Taylor and director Greg Clarke have resigned in shock developments after a dramatic day at the Walkers Stadium.

They are the second and third resignations at the club during talks over Milan Mandaric's £25 million takeover.

James Johnson resigned at the end of December and was understood to be against the Mandaric deal.

The latest resignations are also believed to be due to disagreements over certain aspects of the deal.

However, the completion of the takeover will not be affected by these developments, the club said today.

Taylor's position has been taken by his deputy, Jim McCahill, who held the position previously.

City issued the following statement: "Andrew Taylor has stepped down from his position as chairman of Leicester City Football Club.

"The board of directors wish to place on record their appreciation of Andrew's passion, commitment and considerable efforts during his tenure as chairman.

"Deputy chairman Jim McCahill will, with immediate effect, take over the chairman's responsibilities in the interim period.

"Director Greg Clarke has also resigned from the club's board of directors. The board again wishes to record its appreciation for the tireless work undertaken by Greg over many years and for his key role in helping bring the club out of administration in 2003.

"The board's on-going discussions with Milan Mandaric regarding his investment into the football club remain unaffected by the changes at board level. The board remains entirely committed to reaching a satisfactory conclusion with Mr Mandaric."

Neither Taylor nor Clarke would comment at this time.

The takeover saga is nearing its conclusion and it is understood that the last few issues delaying the deal have now been resolved with Mandaric.

The multi-millionaire is set to attend City's game against Luton on Saturday.

The departures of Taylor and Clarke leaves just seven on the City board - chief executive Tim Davies and non- executive directors Tim Storer, Tony Lander, Martin Glenn, McCahill, Malcolm Smith and Tony Wheeler.

Clarke is the third biggest shareholder, with 413,000 shares, behind Hammond Grange and Pukka Pies Ltd, which each have 500,000.

He was chairman when the club was a plc, and was a member of the consortium, led by former City star Gary Lineker, which rescued City from administration.

Taylor, who has 250,000 shares, is a former chief executive of McDonald's UK and succeeded McCahill as chairman last June.

Oh dear.

I feel like I've been sat on this bus for months now, but I need to get off and have a good shit. Finally, it is coming to the bus terminus. I can't wait...I love a good shit.

Comparing the potential rescue of Leicester City to a bowel emptying??? Not sure that's quite the right tone!

:dunno:

From rival (gary silke)

It is to be hoped that these changes have been made to make way for the imminent arrival of Milan Mandaric now that the takeover would appear to be progressing. It is our understanding that the board met last night and formally agreed that Mandaric's bid be recommended to shareholders.

The following steps should happen in turn according to takeover protocol:

* Final bid document sent to shareholders.

* 75% of shareholders agree to offer in writing.

* Formal EGM is held to confirm takeover.

seems about right! :thumbup:

Archived