Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

Official Statement

I wouldn't have thought so.

It means one of two things:

a) Something is happening which those who have stepped down don't approve of. Could be that they don't approve of the bid or that they do and that they feel the rest of the board haven't acted in the correct manner and don't want to be associated in the aftermath.

b) It's going through and this is simply a formality.

I'm hoping b) :)

Taylor was the main man behind getting Mandaric in. I'd doubt it if he was unhappy with him taking over, especially given that the FT didn't deny that MM was offering 47p for the shares upfront with a further 47p per share being paid dependant on performance. Ok, so Taylor puts in x amount of money less than a year ago and now he'll only get half of that back upfront but he's also had a years wages out of us probably to the tune of £250k and he'll hopefully get his other half back anyway. He'll also know that should this deal collapse, his shares will be worth nothing anyway, so I doubt he's resigned due to being pissed off with the deal.

I hope!!

What the fook is going on?!

Ron stepping down could, as has been mentioned, mean one of two things... hmmm... we'll see i suppose, looks like it'll be an interesting day after all, hopfully for all the right reasons :thumbup:

:nono: He resigned, we don't have to pay him anything.

Yes, I know but I'm disinclined to believe public statements especially those relating to business and even more so coming from LCFC.

The more I think about this the more confused I get. Why aren't the board resigning together if the deal is done?

That's why I don't think it's necessarily a mere formality.

Perhaps some members of the board aren't happy with the takeover and are going to refuse to resign, preferring to stay till the end.

Second guessing is always risky but I really don't see anything sinister in Taylor's resignation.

He indicated all along what he wanted to do and now that he's accomplished that - at least that's how it would seem so to me - he is stepping aside to allow the new boss to assume control.

Why anyone should imagine he'll be disgruntled at having achieved his declared aims I don't know. Pleased it is all done and dusted more likely.

Not that I doubt for a minute that MM will have driven an extremely hard bargain.

The most significant part of the whole statement is the reference to the discussions being conducted with MM. Given the total official silence over the last couple of weeks and the calming down of expectations of late there was no need for the Board to make any mention of the takeover. QED it's on and it's happening............

Dear God! An “Official statementâ€Â, rampant speculation and we’re probably not going to hear anything more substantial for another few hours… FT is in danger of self combustion at this rate!

Anyone fancy a sweep stake on how many pages this thread gets to before we hear anything new?!

Taylor was the main man behind getting Mandaric in. I'd doubt it if he was unhappy with him taking over, especially given that the FT didn't deny that MM was offering 47p for the shares upfront with a further 47p per share being paid dependant on performance. Ok, so Taylor puts in x amount of money less than a year ago and now he'll only get half of that back upfront but he's also had a years wages out of us probably to the tune of £250k and he'll hopefully get his other half back anyway. He'll also know that should this deal collapse, his shares will be worth nothing anyway, so I doubt he's resigned due to being pissed off with the deal.

I hope!!

I agree with what you say. but if A.T. was the main man behind bringing M.M. in ? then why would he not want to be the one who handed over the keys to LCFC in a blaze of glory!! With the big welcome handshake all over the front pages of the papers!! I hope it all goes through, and fast!!

'BBC Radio Leicester understands that following the resignations the deal with Milan Mandaric could be done within the next two weeks'

Two weeks ay.... take your time Milan, is the loan window closed by then? Hmm.

I don't think I could take another 2 weeks!

Archived