Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mad Dog

Official Statement

LCFC Official Statment

Leicester City Football Club today (Thursday) issued the following statement:

"Andrew Taylor has stepped down from his position as chairman of Leicester City Football Club.

"The board of directors wishes to place on record their appreciation of Andrew's passion, commitment and considerable efforts during his tenure as chairman.

"Deputy chairman Jim McCahill will, with immediate effect, take over the chairman's responsibilities in the interim period.

"Director Greg Clarke has also resigned from the club's board of directors.

"The board again wishes to record its appreciation for the tireless work undertaken by Greg over many years and for his key role in helping bring the club out of administration in 2003.

"The board's ongoing discussions with Milan Mandaric regarding his investment into the football club remain unaffected by the changes at board level.

"The board remains entirely committed to reaching a satisfactory conclusion with Mr Mandaric."

LCFC Official Statment

Leicester City Football Club today (Thursday) issued the following statement:

"Andrew Taylor has stepped down from his position as chairman of Leicester City Football Club.

"The board of directors wishes to place on record their appreciation of Andrew's passion, commitment and considerable efforts during his tenure as chairman.

"Deputy chairman Jim McCahill will, with immediate effect, take over the chairman's responsibilities in the interim period.

"Director Greg Clarke has also resigned from the club's board of directors.

"The board again wishes to record its appreciation for the tireless work undertaken by Greg over many years and for his key role in helping bring the club out of administration in 2003.

"The board's ongoing discussions with Milan Mandaric regarding his investment into the football club remain unaffected by the changes at board level.

"The board remains entirely committed to reaching a satisfactory conclusion with Mr Mandaric."

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/...~974164,00.html

What the hell is going on, how dare the club do this. Official statements people stepping down left right and centre, why can't everything be done at the same time or atleast if they have stepped down for a specific reason share it with us. It leaves the fans thinking that allsorts of things, is it a protest (if so show some dignity) or is it good news.

Taylor has gone on record to say he came to the club as chairman to find investment and once that's happened, he's done his job. Now this either means the deal is done and he's resigned because it's done or he's resigned because there's something seriously afoot.

I'm not worried.

As if I wouldn't man hug Mandaric.

Golly gosh. This is interesting. Lets face it, if it was family/personal reasons it would have said. Therefore it must be due to a bust up or a business reason. This has to be linked to the takeover bid.

Therefore I am just going to go round the corner and do a little jig.

Boom Boom

Keep the good news coming please.

I reckon it's all going through - why would you resign if it wasn't. Jim McCahill will saty on to see all the paperwork gets completed and it's job done I'd have thought.

If MM is coming in at last we can be sure that the next few weeks (with our 3 new players) will be interesting and possibly heart-stopping.

Don't the board have to resign to hand over to MM? Taylor may just feel like it's job done.

I wouldn't have thought so.

It means one of two things:

a) Something is happening which those who have stepped down don't approve of. Could be that they don't approve of the bid or that they do and that they feel the rest of the board haven't acted in the correct manner and don't want to be associated in the aftermath.

b) It's going through and this is simply a formality.

I'm hoping b) :)

Archived