Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

April

I was just looking at our remaining fixtures and it occured to me that April, is going to be one hard month. :cry:

H) Derby County

A) Plymouth

H ) Norwich City

H) Birmingham

A) Preston

A) Barnsley

I was just looking at our remaining fixtures and it occured to me that April, is going to be one hard month. :cry:

H) Derby County

A) Plymouth

H ) Norwich City

H) Birmingham

A) Preston

A) Barnsley

I seem to recall us having a debate this time last season about our run-in but we survived. If the Mandaric deal goes through, we'll be getting a new manager anyway. So hopefully the 'New Manager' effect will mean we improve dramatically and get points from matches that we thought we'd never get.

That is a nasty months fixtures.

I seem to recall us having a debate this time last season about our run-in but we survived. If the Mandaric deal goes through, we'll be getting a new manager anyway. So hopefully the 'New Manager' effect will mean we improve dramatically and get points from matches that we thought we'd never get.

Of course, the Milan deal and the new manager actually have to happen in time to actually make a difference.

That's so surprisingly optimistic of you that I wonder if the post has a hint of sarcasm attached to it.

I was fine until today, maybe I was complacent.

Now I'm shitting myself. That is a dogfiddler of a month.

I hope you are right but if Kelly stays with his usual midfield and defence I just don'gt see us having the quality to improve dramatically.

There is no way he'll enjoy the sort of run he had at this time last year. And I cannot imagine the spirit is that special.

Everyone knows both the players and the system by now and from what I've read most teams have categorically strengthened their squads whereas we've added players but still left our main weaknesses in place, apart from the right wing and even that lad is not convincing.

H) Derby County

A) Plymouth

H ) Norwich City

H) Birmingham

A) Preston

A) Barnsley

Looks like a very tough month. Barnsley is a must win. It could be the only points we get out of April. :cry:

I hope you are right but if Kelly stays with his usual midfield and defence I just don'gt see us having the quality to improve dramatically.

There is no way he'll enjoy the sort of run he had at this time last year. And I cannot imagine the spirit is that special.

Everyone knows both the players and the system by now and from what I've read most teams have categorically strengthened their squads whereas we've added players but still left our main weaknesses in place, apart from the right wing and even that lad is not convincing.

I don't see Kelly turning it around, not even if Mandaric comes in and gives him money for loan signings. Kelly isn't good enough, he's stagnated the squad and they've gone backwards in their development. Especially the younger players, who need to be handled well at all times. Porter having said that, has been given a chance by Kelly and taken it. But Stearman and Wesolowski don't look the players they were last season, might be due to various reasons but Kelly hasn't been blameless in this.

If we don't get Mandaric or a new manager, preferrably both then i'd be amazed to see us come out of April smelling of anything but eye watering shit.

I don't see Kelly turning it around, not even if Mandaric comes in and gives him money for loan signings. Kelly isn't good enough, he's stagnated the squad and they've gone backwards in their development. Especially the younger players, who need to be handled well at all times. Porter having said that, has been given a chance by Kelly and taken it. But Stearman and Wesolowski don't look the players they were last season, might be due to various reasons but Kelly hasn't been blameless in this.

If we don't get Mandaric or a new manager, preferrably both then i'd be amazed to see us come out of April smelling of anything but eye watering shit.

It's not all bad, theres some fantastic railyway museums in Crewe, Blackpool is always a quality weekend, and where else will you find 7 roundabouts in one but Swindon?

I dunno what else to say that hasn't already been said, the only saving grace is that there are other teams around us that are just as bad.

We're going to get raped in April really I think. I'd say right now that the only game we stand a chance of getting anything from would be Barnsley away. Even then, we'll struggle as it's away from home against a team who made need a win more than we do.

I think I may have been right about saying we'd struggle to stay up, especially if we didn't beat Luton... :cry:

H) Derby County

A) Plymouth

H ) Norwich City

H) Birmingham

A) Preston

A) Barnsley

We'll need points at home to Norwich and away to Barnsley- can't see us getting much else. We NEED to have a good February/March to stand a decent chance of staying in this league.

The only way that will happen is if Rob Kelly leaves.

We'll need points at home to Norwich and away to Barnsley- can't see us getting much else. We NEED to have a good February/March to stand a decent chance of staying in this league.

The only way that will happen is if Rob Kelly leaves.

For the rest of this month we have :

Ipswich (a)

Cov (h)

Burnley (a)

West Brom (h)

We need 4 points somehow.

March

Southend (a)

Palace (a)

Leeds (h)

QPR (h)

Stoke (a)

Leeds and Southend will be crucial games that we will need to win.

For the rest of this month we have :

Ipswich (a)

Cov (h)

Burnley (a)

West Brom (h)

We need 4 points somehow.

March

Southend (a)

Palace (a)

Leeds (h)

QPR (h)

Stoke (a)

Leeds and Southend will be crucial games that we will need to win.

add qpr to that crucial games list.

I honestly don't see a single team who we should fear nor one that we should take lightly. We need to approach each game with a single minded determination to take the initiative and win the games.

It might help to watch a Manchester United video - not so much their individual brilliance but how they really drive forward at pace when they have the ball, how they are all so keen and willing to support and make space for each other and how many bodies they get into and around the box when they attack.

Belief is the key. And I don't mean the word belief. But a real inner belief in what they are doing and how they'll go about it. That and having 11 truly fit and complimentary players for every game.

Archived