Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tokyo Foxes

Why do Chelsea sing Over land and sea and Leicester!

Does anyone know why Chelsea sing " Over land and sea and Leicester!"

We all follow the Chelsea

Over land and sea - And Leicester!

onnnntooo vi-ic-toreee

(altogether now)

Over land and sea - And Leicester!

onnnntooo vi-ic-toreee

I asked a few Chelsea mates and they don't know...one mate said it is because Chelsea and LCFC team up in London

there are several theory's.

1 is that Leicester and Chelsea in the 70s and 80s were big rivals (hooligans wise) and there were always rucks thats why our song (not sung a lot now) goes "HARK NOW HEAR THE LEICESTER SING, THE CHELSEA RAN AWAY"

another theory is that when you travel up the M1 there is a huge sign that says "THE NORTH AND LEICESTER" so the and leicester came from there on their many away trips up norff????

the real answer remains a mystery :whistle:

all I know is thats a top song and we should sing it "we will follow you Leicester over land and sea and chelsea"

expect it in N1 on Saturday :D

I'm sure its linked to the 60's / 70's hooligans and is connected with the song " hark no hear the Leicester sing, the Chelsea ran away

Because, as any fule kno', in Ancient History there existed four elements (earth, water, fire and the other one).

As understanding developed (by sticking small boys into holes and measuring the angle the sun shadow rotated through) the Ancient Greeks deduced that there were, in fact, only three base elementals.

Dispensing with the whole 'ether' bollocks, they concluded that the Earth was made up of earth, water and the greatest team the world has ever seen: Land, Sea and Leicester.

The song is a throw-back to these by-gone days when we were one of the founding constituents of Earth. For someone to claim that they rise over us is a fantasy based on being greater than God itself.

There is also a song about Milan checking out the Grecian mythological Sirens - look it up on Wikipedia :thumbup:

there are several theory's.

1 is that Leicester and Chelsea in the 70s and 80s were big rivals (hooligans wise) and there were always rucks thats why our song (not sung a lot now) goes "HARK NOW HEAR THE LEICESTER SING, THE CHELSEA RAN AWAY"

another theory is that when you travel up the M1 there is a huge sign that says "THE NORTH AND LEICESTER" so the and leicester came from there on their many away trips up norff????

the real answer remains a mystery :whistle:

Thats the reason (it's what I've always thought any way) we had a massive ruck with them on boxing day in the 70's hence Hark now hear the Leicester sing the Chelsea ran away, and we will fight forever more because of Boxing day.

Why doesn't someone ask a real Chelsea fan if they want to be sure.

Thats the reason (it's what I've always thought any way) we had a massive ruck with them on boxing day in the 70's hence Hark now hear the Leicester sing the Chelsea ran away, and we will fight forever more because of Boxing day.

Correct :thumbup:

Because they're all extinct.

Hello All

My first post on here...

An ex girlfriend of mine who was a Chelsea fan believed it to be a reference to Leicester's multi cultural population in particular pakistani's...."over land and sea....and leicester" so they would sing it as if to say "over land and sea, and pakistan"....

A few years back I had the misfortune of walking around their club shop with my ex and saw a car sticker with "over land and sea...and leicester" on it...

The other one I have heard rumoured is the "North and Leicester" sign on the M1....mentioned in this thread earlier...

We used to sing 'Foxing Day'. You see what we did there?

Hello All

My first post on here...

An ex girlfriend of mine who was a Chelsea fan believed it to be a reference to Leicester's multi cultural population in particular pakistani's...."over land and sea....and leicester" so they would sing it as if to say "over land and sea, and pakistan"....

A few years back I had the misfortune of walking around their club shop with my ex and saw a car sticker with "over land and sea...and leicester" on it...

The other one I have heard rumoured is the "North and Leicester" sign on the M1....mentioned in this thread earlier...

That's same reason why Arsenal fans sing the 'and Leicester' as well.

Thats the reason (it's what I've always thought any way) we had a massive ruck with them on boxing day in the 70's hence Hark now hear the Leicester sing the Chelsea ran away, and we will fight forever more because of Boxing day.Why doesn't someone ask a real Chelsea fan if they want to be sure.

Boxing Day 79 we done em at the bridge April 80 they tried to take the kop and failed.

I believe this was the first time we sang this song to them but we may have sang it at the bridge on the Boxing day I can't remember(long time ago) and I believe it was the first time Chelsea sang their said song.

I was at both matches and particularly remember the home game as I joined up 3 days later and was unable to watch us play again that season until Orient away and promotion :yahoo: .

People seem to forget that at the time Chelsea were a piss poor team worth a pound and Leicester were taking 3000+ to most away games which included up to 300 nutters.

Can we close this thread now I've lost count of how many we've had with the same subject!!

Because, as any fule kno', in Ancient History there existed four elements (earth, water, fire and the other one).

As understanding developed (by sticking small boys into holes and measuring the angle the sun shadow rotated through) the Ancient Greeks deduced that there were, in fact, only three base elementals.

Dispensing with the whole 'ether' bollocks, they concluded that the Earth was made up of earth, water and the greatest team the world has ever seen: Land, Sea and Leicester.

The song is a throw-back to these by-gone days when we were one of the founding constituents of Earth. For someone to claim that they rise over us is a fantasy based on being greater than God itself.

There is also a song about Milan checking out the Grecian mythological Sirens - look it up on Wikipedia :thumbup:

Gud footpall post , Daggers, Molesworth wud be prowd - chiz

Boxing Day 79 we done em at the bridge April 80 they tried to take the kop and failed.

I believe this was the first time we sang this song to them but we may have sang it at the bridge on the Boxing day I can't remember(long time ago) and I believe it was the first time Chelsea sang their said song.

I was at both matches and particularly remember the home game as I joined up 3 days later and was unable to watch us play again that season until Orient away and promotion :yahoo: .

People seem to forget that at the time Chelsea were a piss poor team worth a pound and Leicester were taking 3000+ to most away games which included up to 300 nutters.

Can we close this thread now I've lost count of how many we've had with the same subject!!

You right. I think Leicester was thrown into the song out of respect for trying to take the shed.

Right, first thing is to read the Chelsea history bio. I have even thou I'm LCFC fan thru and thru.

OK here goes,

In the Late 60/ early 70's cant remember exactly, the headhunters were formed (as a small faction) they used to travel to all the away games, including reserve games...

OK one week they played the forest reserves (there was a little bit of trouble which was unheard of before) and the next week it was followed by Chelsea playing the FOXES, ok what happened was that the Chelsea Headhunters came to watch the game and there was a few hundred watching it the chelseas fans came into the home end and starting trouble in some form.

The City fans were having none of it and it started a fracas, this was unheard of at the time, the headhunters took a beating and left to regroup.

Hence the song over land and sea AND LEICESTER, if you look at some recent encounters, FA CUP there is still that rivallry there to be seen.

The headhunters and westhams Intercity firm I'm lead to believe used to hand out calling cards in the MID 70's early 80's

Read the Chelsea history is a good read :thumbup:

This guy knows the history of hooligans but doesn't want swearing at a football match :blink:

like your avatar standupansing ; do you have the new honda civic in "milano" red ? i just took delivery of mine last week and just luv it :thumbup:

Archived