Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

WBA Pre-match chit-chat

It'll be interesting.

They have the best goal-scoring record in the league, but we have, at least in theory, a solid defense, so we shouldn't be particularly overwhelmed in that area. Unless we sit back. So we need to push up and score goals, which WBA will probably do anyway. Should be an entertaining game whatever the result.

It'll be interesting.

They have the best goal-scoring record in the league, but we have, at least in theory, a solid defense, so we shouldn't be particularly overwhelmed in that area. Unless we sit back. So we need to push up and score goals, which WBA will probably do anyway. Should be an entertaining game whatever the result.

to be fair we were more lucky than solid last week. a score draw me thinks.

Working in Dudley at the moment on a jjb shop, a few baggies fans are staff. They all say they are coming over to give us a right tonking. Told them that wont happen, will be a tight game. Hope we win, cos then i will walk in the shop on monday with my city shirt, hat, scarf and whatelse i can find on.

We're going to battle hard.

They're going to battle hard.

Johnson will play a stormer and smash the bar from precisely 32.3 yards - which, coincidentally, is where he will stand for 95% of the match, deviating perhaps two-and-three-quarter yards in either direction on occasion.

The Horse, meanwhile, will get into the mix up front and play several decent knock-ons into the path of the onrushing Yeates who will repeatedly fire straight at the keeper.

Hume will run around all afternoon and achieve nothing tangible.

Henderson's kicking will be totally wayward all the time, although he'll make two vital saves right near the death.

The defence will look mostly sound, apart from Nissa being done on the turn by some Brom player... it only happens once but causes some serious panic (especially when Henderson decides he's coming for it, then decides not to and retreats). A goal will result, unfortunately.

In the end, city will run out 2-1 victors. :cool:

Ok Im gonna say it........ if we win this game and then get a positive result against Southend I think we can push on for a top 8 finish.... :ph34r:

That is not fanciful. ;):thumbup: Unlikely however. :huh::unsure::ph34r::whistle:

I like to think we raise our game playing against the top teams in the league.

With three wins and three clean sheets confidence should not be an issue but the manner of our performance against Burnley is cause for concern. If we play like that against West Brom we won't get away with it again.

It'll be a true test of whether our run is down to a large slice of luck or whether we are actually making some progress.

I think it's time the loan signings stepped up and started to contribute more to the team and we'll certainly need to take the game to the opposition - no sitting back.

If that happens, combined with what should be a rejuvenated atmosphere in the Walkers I can see us getting at least a point.

Ok Im gonna say it........ if we win this game and then get a positive result against Southend I think we can push on for a top 8 finish.... :ph34r:

That is not fanciful. ;):thumbup: Unlikely however. :huh::unsure::ph34r::whistle:

If we can get a top 8 finish we can get into the play-offs. 6-8th are all currently on the same amount of points. I personally doubt we'll be able to breach the gap between 10th and 11th. Getting into the top 10 would be fantanstic onsidering where we were, and have been for most of the season.

Personally I think if there was ever a game for RK to go positive, this is it. We look safe now, and we're expected to lose. At home, potentially a bigger crowd than last saturday. I'm going down and I haven't seen us lose a game yet (lol). He has absolutely nothing to lose in playing positive football and not sitting back, and playing with spirit. If they do that and still lose, you can't have asked for anything more. If he sits back in this game, he has no right to keeping the job after summer.

They will come full of confidence, we need to take the game to them and play wide attacking football or we have not got a chance.

It will be a tight game but a draw would be a very good result for us I think.

I'm going for 2-2 draw with Horsefield to score first.

With the Derby defeat and the ongoing self-destruction of Brum, they are going to be massively up for a win.

Our fate lies in the hands of our midfield duo...God help us all. Me? I am going to get drunk first and numb the pain ~ and if we do win then I'll already be in celebration mode. Win:win! :D

I've just relocated to N-block for the game...let's see who can sing the loudest! ;)

Generating an atmosphere is our best hope.

Technically any coach with good players at his disposal should tear this Leicester team apart.

There are more weaknesses than in a balsa-wood model.

But football does not always work according to logic and a partizan atmosphere can make a really big difference.

Our great advantage is that we've not got an important Cup match to think about and we won't have taken anything out of ourselves on Tuesday, cos we simply didn't turn up.

With any luck MM will have signed another half a team's worth of loanees which should also confuse the opposition and make it hard for them to plan ahead. :D

I can't see a fourth clean sheet but I can see us staying lucky and grabbing a 2-1 win.

I fancied the Horse to score against Coventry and I think McAuley might oblige this time. And Porter will make one. Even on bad days he seems to find something in his bag of tricks.

Hmmm I expect "The Horse" to have a big game against his old club. :thumbup:

Koren, the Baggies new midfielder, has been the missing ingredient for them, his arrival has changed the Albion from being a "talent group of players" losing games, to being a "talent team of players" winning games.

Close him down and you have a chance.

Well that is what I just thought :dunno:

My money is on a very tight game with 1 goal. Unfortunately I can't help thinking they will get it in the last 10 minutes with either a long range screamer, or a defensive cock up!....Being lucky can only last so long.

I hope I am proved wrong from some inspiring Kelly tactics.......hahahahahahahaha

Archived