Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Asha

Team(s) you used to support

In what capacity?

Right back/wing in the days when it was Irthlingborough Diamonds, in the UCL. I never got to play a competitive first team game in the season we won the FA Vase - and moved to Park Rovers the next season, a division down. :thumbup:

And for those insolent bastards that also posted: Feck off! :angry:

:D

I was a Man Utd when i was a lot younger but thats about it.

Reading have always been my second team,a freind of mine has taken me to quite a few games with him over the years so i kind of adopted them as a second favourite.Ive always quite liked Arsenal too ... :whistle:

I thought I'd only been a Leicester supporter since the age of 4, but I have since been informed that this is incorrect and have been a City fan since I could stand up and was below knee-height!! :P

I believe I had a soft spot for Tottenham when I was 4 or 5, but now I much prefer their rivals Arsenal. They're not my second-team, more a team I admire for the way they play.

I'm Leicester through and through, see. :cool:

I've never supported another team, I just have a bit of a soft spot for some friends' sides and local sides of where I've lived. So naturally, Newcastle, Cardiff and Shepshed Dynamo could be described as second teams at a push.

Also, any side that ITV is being condecending towards in the UEFA Cup / Champions League.

I've never supported another team, I just have a bit of a soft spot for some friends' sides and local sides of where I've lived. So naturally, Newcastle, Cardiff and Shepshed Dynamo could be described as second teams at a push.

Also, any side that ITV is being condecending towards in the UEFA Cup / Champions League.

Booooooo! JACK AR.. uh... shit. I mean, erm. Nevermind me.

copa_mustang.gifCampeóndeportivo_cali.gifI'm rather partial to Deportivo Cali, having watched them for four of their Colombian seasons, and have many Caleños friends...and follow the fortunes of the Colombian national team too. flag_colombia.gif

• 4 months later...

I've only ever supported leicester. But i have two teams that i 'like' for some unknown reason. I've liked Man City ever since their promotion from the old division 2 through the penalty shoot-out. I also like Liverpool for some reason that i don't know. Not a supporter though. Just like them! Weird really.

I should get home quickly if I were you :P

house.jpg

coming from a man who's nickname was 'chels' :rolleyes:

\EDIT/: ok, i'll read on further next time, you have no shame about this, clearly...

while we are on the subject of 'shame' - (it must run in the family).

i quite enjoyed a really long, hand-knitted red and white stripped scarf that we collected for rummage when i was 10-ish, it had liverpool written on it, but i didn't support them...

around the same time i also wrote 'spurs for the cup' (oh god, the shame) in chalk on our wall, again i didn't support them, i just prefered them to the other finalist, i guess (1981?)

and for school we had to have a shirt in our house colours, which unfortunatley was red - i wouldn't touch man u or liverpool or forest, so as alan smith had just signed there and it was a really nice shirt i went for arsenal...

and no doubt i have set myself up for a picture of this to be posted later...

but always, leicester city...

Due to playing champ manager 1 or 2 i used to be a fan of farnborough town :D

As for teams over here in oz i used to follow south melbourne due to my grandad and my greek mate at primary school

Not a huge fan yet of the A-league but a mate and i are talking about going to a game or 2 this season to see Melbourne victory but then again thats just golf course talk so i doubt it will happen :/

Always supported Leicester and they are the only team that I could say that I geniunely support.

Since living in Manchester I have adopted a soft spot for Man City and I do go and watch a couple of their games a year and I have become fond of Mourinho's Chelsea. I think both are probably more to do with hating man utd for longer than I can remember though. I wouldn't say that I supported either but I am always interested in their results.

Started out as a Newport County fan as a youth but stopped supporting them when we move away from Wales (and they became sh it), I had a season ticket at Coventry in my mid teens, went to watch a few Notts County matches in my late teens and early twenties and finally settled at city in the mid nineties.

My first team if I'm being honest was probably Lincoln, my dads a big fan and used to take me to sincil bank from the age of 4 and that was mainly the only football I saw until he got a box at filbo and then seats in the kop from 1996 and we went to the "major" city games as Leicester are his second team meaning we went to all the night matches and some saturdays, but he always prefered to see Lincoln obviously. Then I was into city as my main team from the age of 8/9, but still went to a few lincoln games (3/4 a season) untill I was 13/14 including the play-off finals at the millenium stadium. I may go and watch them if their playing when city arn't to maybe visit a new ground or see how Dodds is getting on but Leicester's been my main team since I was 8, even though I'm sure my dad always wanted me to be an Imps fan.

Archived