Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nod.E

should matty start the match?

Hmm

Is he ready to be started...

If he is ready I would probably start him with the intention of bringing on the hammond.

That way we get Fryatt's quality for 70 minutes, if we decide to play with attackers, and then Hammonds impact (running about like a gazelle against a tired defence) for the last 20.

Not that it matters anyway, we'll probably lose but at least it's match fitness.

Guest Gist

I think he should start on the bench and hopefully make another impact when he comes on. I don't think he is fit enough to start.

I don't want Fryatt to start at all this year unless we really slip into the shit again. Keep him fit.

Er. Give him no match fitness or playing experience and let him slip into the summer out of practice? :dunno:

I understand he's over the risk of injury (as far as any player is?), he just needs to reach match fitness now? Anyway, the best way of not slipping into the shit is to play our best players and try to win every game.

Give him runs out then. 30 mins, a half at most. I don't think starting him is wise, especially with the end of the season so close. Even if he achieves match fitness now, it'll fade over summer again anyway. Ease him back into games, don't put too much pressure on him.

I think Hammond is better coming off the bench but for the time being I would be more concerned about Fryatt completing his recovery properly.

We've already had Williams, Wesolowski, Kenton and Fryatt himself returning too swiftly in my view and I think Kelly should learn from that and give him another 35/40 minutes at Plymouth from the bench.

We are not in such a desperate position that we need to take unnecessary risks with Fryatt - and it would be a significant blow if he played from the start, did well, stayed on too long and got injured again.

Kelly talks so often abouit doing the "sensible" thing. Well that's what would be sensible in relation to Fryatt.

I think Hammond is better coming off the bench but for the time being I would be more concerned about Fryatt completing his recovery properly.

We've already had Williams, Wesolowski, Kenton and Fryatt himself returning too swiftly in my view and I think Kelly should learn from that and give him another 35/40 minutes at Plymouth from the bench.

We are not in such a desperate position that we need to take unnecessary risks with Fryatt - and it would be a significant blow if he played from the start, did well, stayed on too long and got injured again.

Kelly talks so often abouit doing the "sensible" thing. Well that's what would be sensible in relation to Fryatt.

Seconded. He is clearly not match fit and shouldn't be rushed back. Hopefully he can start banging them in again which would lift him for next season :thumbup:

To be honest, the only logic behind not starting Fryatt is that Plymouth have been described as a physical side. The rest, he was never cured properly because the root of the problem was never tackled i.e. Fryatt's flat foot. He got the apparatus now, which explains why when we played him last people lamented his being offside and 1st touch. The difference is hopefully there to see in the next 3-4 matches.

With relevance to Weso who could have expected that. I really like this player and want him to do well and be part of it next year. I think Kelly will not resign AJ or he would have done this already so Weso will have chance or at least lose out to proper players. My impression is that AJ came down here with a clause to be played unless injured. I can't see Kelly being so stupid to play him outright every time.

As stated elsewhere... Hammond only really does the business at all when he comes on as a late sub... a sort of distraction for the defence while the rest of our attack get their act together. :ph34r:

So... it makes sense to get say 55 or 60 minutes out of Matty and then get Hammond on to stir things up (mostly for Leicester fans and players, rather than Plymouth players) lol

One way or another, it would be folly to have him play the whole match. :ph34r:

Archived