Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
aussie boy

your say!?

who do you want to be here next year that you see us getting and would be benificial to the cause??

If you're talking players and managers then I feel this has been asked so many times it's been done to death.

Away from that a vital ingredient must be a reserve team, again done to death bit I would add that they are played regularly, preferable midweek so that the players who were on the bench on saturday get a full 90 minutes. I'd also like to see it back at Filbert Way, free for ST holders, members, students, unemployed. and a nominal £1 or £2 quid for others.

This should be created and run by the Football League as the Championship Reserve League, giving it some status and credibility.

When it's established we could then suggest that Championship Reserve teams are allowed to play in Leagues 1 & 2 :whistle::cool:

Chris Coleman would be awesome though I am not adverse to Paul Ince, someone with more personality than a slug would be good, I don't know why we always seem to get boring managers but we do.

Player-wise, I not sure who I would say to get in who would be realistic, always liked Bobby Convey but Reading won't sell him. Some-one is going to score 15 goals a season, not Matty Fryatt because he is not a championship striker. To be honest the only players I would keep are Henderson, Kisnorbo, Porter, And Hume.

Think we should loan some youngsters from somewhere too, Arsenal, Man U & Liverpool have some outstanding young players all needing experience, someone with some creativeness would be useful.

Chris Coleman would be awesome though I am not adverse to Paul Ince, someone with more personality than a slug would be good, I don't know why we always seem to get boring managers but we do.

Player-wise, I not sure who I would say to get in who would be realistic, always liked Bobby Convey but Reading won't sell him. Some-one is going to score 15 goals a season, not Matty Fryatt because he is not a championship striker. To be honest the only players I would keep are Henderson, Kisnorbo, Porter, And Hume.

Think we should loan some youngsters from somewhere too, Arsenal, Man U & Liverpool have some outstanding young players all needing experience, someone with some creativeness would be useful.

I'd like to see free flags for all supports in the stadium at home games, it's the key to success and I genuinely believe that. Better still, if they did this on the first home game of the season, fans could take their flags home or stick them behind their seat AND GUESS WHAT? They could use the same flag at the next home match and over and over and over and over and over, like a monkey with a minuture symbol

I'd like to see grown men crying into their half time mugs of tea because the quality of the football on display is so outstanding it recalls the glory, glory years of Bloomfield and O'Neill.

That and some decent veggie nosh in the catering sections.

I'd also like to see The Sheep Shaggers back at The Walkers as that means they won't have been promoted. lol

Why would you get rid of Weso, Fryatt and Logan?

I'd like to see free flags for all supports in the stadium at home games, it's the key to success and I genuinely believe that. Better still, if they did this on the first home game of the season, fans could take their flags home or stick them behind their seat AND GUESS WHAT? They could use the same flag at the next home match and over and over and over and over and over, like a monkey with a minuture symbol

Or a miniature cymbal.

Good point though.

I'd like to see, decent beer served at the ground, rather then cold cat piss!!! Also the burgers are rank!!!

I would like to see Filbert Fox, entertain the kids at the family stand end, instead of hanging area the technical area!!

Here here, that Carlsberg is fecking awfull.

Despite our fantastic first win at deepdale since 1779 last Saturday, I still want Worthey out at the end of the sesason.

a) Reserves team.

b) Punishing fitness trainer.

c) Inspriing, charismatic, attack-minded, strong-minded manager.

d) Broad young and hungry policy

e) Policy of bringing through at least two young players per season.

f) Early involvement of fringe players from the bench/in training/reserves games etc.

g) Purposeful pre-season with home matches

h) More speed/mobility in our team - back and front.

i) Creative/mobile midfield player who's better than King seeing we think the rank ordinary is better than him.

j) Fast, in your face, wingers.

k) Big, strong, fast, mean striker.

l) Get rid of: Anyone who has no sell-on-value and who does not have a good chance of being a better player on leaving than when he arrives.

m) Scouts: ensure we have a system which between them can boast extensive and effective contacts in various parts of the world and who can genuinely judge a player and is prepared to do the proper homework to make sure they're right. And to check and check again.

n) Managerial home-based help along the same lines. Someone who will check and re-check on targets in the UK because some of the players we've signed for this club in recent years have been an embarrassment and I refuse to believe it wouldn't have been obvious they were no good.

o) A positive system of progress whereby all players are individually assessed for their strengths and weaknesses and training programmes are designed to make sure they improve those strengths and negate their weaknesses.

p) An organised player-performance system whereby each individual in a team is statistically analysed to show their contribution/failings. It's invaluable. It means focusing on players and, through a series of symbols, showing how many passes they made in a match (successful and otherwise, aggressive or benign, how many shots on target or otherwise, what range etc, how many tackles they made successful and otherwise, how many touches they had and so on). Presented with such information it really focuses a player's mind on improvement. Kisnorbo first!

q) Quality coaching, particularly in the areas of innovative free kicks, movement off the ball, making space from throw ins, variety from corners, defensive organisation.

r) A vision or plan. A genuine blueprint for what we are trying to achieve and how. Everyone in the club should know what the aims are and should be geared up to doing their bit to see it all comes about in areas of: On the field development, promotion, publicity, fans involvement, Academy/feeder teams, team spirit, variation of training programmes etc.

s) Focus: there should be no let up or compromise in achieving excellence in all these areas. Maintaining drive is an art form in itself but it has to be done. I get the impression The Walkers was like a holiday camp pre-Worthington and no-one benefits. We need to get into the frame of mind where we expect to be special whatever we do - and then to be even better next time. Others shouldn't come into it. We should set new standards for ourselves.

t) Fans: I would like the fans to take off next season where they've left off this and see if they can't increase their impact even further and really help power our club to glory at the top end of the table. The very idea of incessant singing even when we're losing can be really disheartening to the opposition and uplifting for our own side. The days of silent indifference have to be over for ever.

u) Revival of the club museum idea.

a) Reserves team.

b) Punishing fitness trainer.

c) Inspriing, charismatic, attack-minded, strong-minded manager.

d) Broad young and hungry policy

e) Policy of bringing through at least two young players per season.

f) Early involvement of fringe players from the bench/in training/reserves games etc.

g) Purposeful pre-season with home matches

h) More speed/mobility in our team - back and front.

i) Creative/mobile midfield player who's better than King seeing we think the rank ordinary is better than him.

j) Fast, in your face, wingers.

k) Big, strong, fast, mean striker.

l) Get rid of: Anyone who has no sell-on-value and who does not have a good chance of being a better player on leaving than when he arrives.

m) Scouts: ensure we have a system which between them can boast extensive and effective contacts in various parts of the world and who can genuinely judge a player and is prepared to do the proper homework to make sure they're right. And to check and check again.

n) Managerial home-based help along the same lines. Someone who will check and re-check on targets in the UK because some of the players we've signed for this club in recent years have been an embarrassment and I refuse to believe it wouldn't have been obvious they were no good.

o) A positive system of progress whereby all players are individually assessed for their strengths and weaknesses and training programmes are designed to make sure they improve those strengths and negate their weaknesses.

p) An organised player-performance system whereby each individual in a team is statistically analysed to show their contribution/failings. It's invaluable. It means focusing on players and, through a series of symbols, showing how many passes they made in a match (succesful and otherwise, aggressive or benign, how many shots on target or otherwise, what range etc, how many tackles they made successful and otherwise, how many touches they had and so on). Presented with such information it really focuses a player's mind on improvement. Kisnorbo first!

q) Quality coaching, particularly in the areas of innovative free kicks, movement off the ball, making space from throw ins, variety from corners, defensive organisation.

r) A vision or plan. A genuine blueprint for what we are trying to achieve and how. Everyone in the club should know what the aims are and should be geared up to doing their bit to see it all comes about in areas of: On the field development, promotion, publicity, fans involvement, Academy/feeder teams, team spirit, variation of training programmes etc.

s) Focus: there should be no let up or compromise in achieving excellence in all these areas. Maintaining drive is an art form in itself but it has to be done. I get the impression The Walkers was like a holiday camp pre-Worthington and no-one benefits. We need to get into the frame of mind where we expect to be special whatever we do - and then to be even better next time. Others shouldn't come into it. We should set new standards for ourselves.

t) Fans: I would like the fans to take off next season where they've left off this and see if they can't increase their impact even further and really help power our club to glory at the top end of the table. The very idea of incessant singing even when we're losing can be really disheartening to the opposition and uplifting for our own side. The days of silent indifference have to be over for ever.

this is the kind of thing that should be printed off and shown to everyone concerned with LCFC, it could be our mission statement, albeit a very thorough one!!

If you are referring to a new manager, then I would love to see Harry Redknapp here but I don't think he will leave Pompey, therefore my second choice would be Chris Coleman :)

Regarding players, I think that we should invest in some good, young players who are hungry for success and we should get them in from loan. Arsenal's youth / reserve team would be quality :thumbup:

If you are referring to a new manager, then I would love to see Harry Redknapp here but I don't think he will leave Pompey, therefore my second choice would be Chris Coleman :)

Regarding players, I think that we should invest in some good, young players who are hungry for success and we should get them in from loan. Arsenal's youth / reserve team would be quality :thumbup:

more/bigger bins around the walkers stadium for rubbish, I think this would have a positive impact on the playing field

Sorry Blues... just enthusiasm taking over. I'm still wound up from Saturday to be honest and my missus is sick of The Great Escape! :whistle:

no need to be sorry thracian ; its great stuff :thumbup:

enthusiasm like yours should be available on prescription :D

Changes.

Permanent Manager.

a new right back

a new (decent) Center back.

2 right mids.

1 left mid

2 GOOD center mids (keeping hughes and weso)

1 Good big striker.

Outgoing.

Maybury.

Johnson :angry:

Jarret

Newton

Horse

Cadders (Sadly)

Kenton

Tiatto

Hammond

Douglas :(

New Contract.

Skills.

Reject bids for

Kissa

Humey

Fryatt (give him another season)

Stearman (read above)

MacAuley

Mattock

Weso.

1. Creative, attacking play
  2. Players wanting to wear the shirt
  3. N-block to come back to the back of the Kop to help make it noisier every week
  4. Larger & more vocal crowds
  5. No defeats at home
  6. A new captain
  7. Play-offs or better
  8. Monthly payments for season tickets
  9. ST 10% discount restored
  10. A reserve team
  11. No drinking culture
  12. Players to do more community work
  13. More hugging after goals

Archived