Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

This whole story just does not add up!

I am a parent, and you just would not leave you child unattended! Never! These people don't seem right to me, look at them poor buggers from Liverpool they were devastated by what happened to their child, but these two act like bloody pop stars off on a world tour, they have a campaign manager and a spokesperson, FFS their child is missing!

Theses buggers ain't right I tell ya.

I also have an issue with how the whole story has been reported, you never hear of how these parents may actually be guilty of harming their child! Well It could be a possibility couldn't it, awful crimes have been committed in the past and unfortunately will in the future. To dismiss the possibility is stupid.

I agree that none of this adds up - but not necessarily for the reasons you think. All parents have left their children unattended for greater or lesser lengths of time, whether it is when they put them to bed at night in their own homes or in other situations.

It's simply that so many things about this case don't ring right had the girl been abducted or murdered.

DNA reportedly found in a car hired long after Madeleine supposedly disappeared. The parents courting publicity and visiting The Pope. Blood supposedly being found in the apartment so long after the reported disappearance. Apparently shoddy investigative procedures. Information released to the public.

It would be wonderful if this little girl was somehow found safe and well but it's becoming a forlorn hope.

My own feeling about the case doesn't point to murder or abduction but doubtless we'll see in due course.

I agree that none of this adds up - but not necessarily for the reasons you think. All parents have left their children unattended for greater or lesser lengths of time, whether it is when they put them to bed at night in their own homes or in other situations.

Not at that age, I haven't.

What I can't understand is if they did do it why would you court all the publicity that surrounds them?

One thing's for sure, if it does turn out to be the parents, all those poor saps who tied yellow ribbons and left teddies out( :rolleyes: ) will want to lynch them.

Sadly a high percentage of all child deaths are carried out by parents or close relatives.

I think the Portuguese Police have dealt with this in a terrible way - anyone would think they had never carried out a murder investigation before!

* Following a tip off, they searched a place near the resort that they had not searched before. Why not?

* They obviously didn't search the appartment thoroughly enough to have missed the 'blood'.

* They kept searching their neighbour's apartment - do it once, do it right and do it thoroughly!!

* How many times have they arrested the neighbour? Either incompetance or Police harrassment

As regards who is guilty - I have an open mind. I just feel sorry for the kid.

Edited by Suffolk_fox

The Portugese police are a shambles.

They've already labelled one man Robert Murat a suspect, searched his place 4 times and found nothing. If they don't find the abductor/killer, he will always live with this slur of potential kiddy killer. Did they have enough evidence to make him an aguido, who knows?

The British police have got involved with forensics, but in all honesty, from the time taken till the forensic testing and this new evidence, the crime scene could have been contaminated a hundred times over. I think the forensic evidence could potentially be thrown out of court.

Now this doesn't mean that the line of investigation shouldn't be pursued but why haven't the Portgese police gleened something sooner. If there was something untoward with Kate McCann, there would have been other signs or indications, either from the other McCann children or from people within the resort. If Kate did it, she couldn't do it alone without Gerry McCann finding out so he would have to be involved in covering it up. The police haven't yet made him an aguido.

Truth is, I don't know, but it seems that there is a lot of preparation to jump on the Kate McCann guilty bandwagon, which at this stage, I wouldn't go with until there's something firmer.

One interesting theory (by gossips at work!):

Doctors and Pharmacists have never been above giving their kids 'something to help them sleep'. You're going to go out with friends, give the little 'uns something to keep them sleepy. Maddie has a bad reaction, parent's panic (giving un-prescribed drugs as Doctors etc.) Get in waaay over their heads...

Though doth protest too much etc..!!!

????

Edited by Phube

Doctors and Pharmacists have never been above giving their kids 'something to help them sleep'. You're going to go out with friends, give the little 'uns something to keep them sleepy. Maddie has a bad reaction, parent's panic (giving un-prescribed drugs as Doctors etc.) Get in waaay over their heads...

????

That theory has been around a while now. Surely though unless a body is found it's all conjecture.

????

All I'm saying is that, while people are talking about murder and abduction, a tragic accident would seem just as possible from what's been printed in the papers so far.

From the very beginning I have been suspicious as to the behaviour of Kate McCann. Not once has she shown emotion during any press conference or interview. Even the most hard-hearted person would surely shed a tear had they lost a child as they have. They have travelled everywhere behaving like robots. Compare the McCann's reaction to the Jones family, who also tragically lost their son. Something is not right here..............

Edited by l444ry

From the very beginning I have been suspicious as to the behaviour of Kate McCann. Not once has she shown emotion during any press conference or interview. Even the most hard-hearted person would surely shed a tear had they lost a child as they have. They have travelled everywhere behaving like robots. Compare the McCann's reaction to the Jones family, who also tragically lost their son. Something is not right here..............

People deal with loss in different ways, that doesn't make her a suspect.

People deal with loss in different ways, that doesn't make her a suspect.

I never said it did. But if some of the rumoured evidences are correct then their behaviour could make a lot more sense. Anyway, I don't know what people you mix with but, in my lifetime, I cannot think of anyone who would have behaved such a cold mannered way after losing a child.

I never said it did. But if some of the rumoured evidences are correct then their behaviour could make a lot more sense. Anyway, I don't know what people you mix with but, in my lifetime, I cannot think of anyone who would have behaved such a cold mannered way after losing a child.

You only see her public face, I'm sure she has broke down behind closed doors.

????

As far fetched as that seems it wouldn't surprise me.

I just get a horrible feeling about all this. It wasnt so long ago when we saw that evil c**k Ian Huntley prance about on camera trying to help the investigations regarding the tragic deaths of Jessica Chapman and Holly Wells and we all know what happened after that.

What sickens me about this one is the way that both parents have gone on some media frenzy, meeting people like The Pope, going on about their faith and looking a bit strange with it. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty and we don't know enough as yet but if they are proved, or the mum in particular of actually killing their daughter and then doing all of this to cover their tracks and make it look believable, I will change my views on corporal punishment. In fact, I`ll volunteer to give her the lethal injection.

IT all depends on your phsycological outlook ............I had a very traumatic experience 9 years ago when my wife was knocked down by a motorist whilst crossing the road and was at deaths door for 3 months. I was in severe shock but did not know at the time just carried on with life, going to work and hospital every day....its amazing the resilience the mind and body can take.

As far fetched as that seems it wouldn't surprise me.

I just get a horrible feeling about all this. It wasnt so long ago when we saw that evil c**k Ian Huntley prance about on camera trying to help the investigations regarding the tragic deaths of Jessica Chapman and Holly Wells and we all know what happened after that.

What sickens me about this one is the way that both parents have gone on some media frenzy, meeting people like The Pope, going on about their faith and looking a bit strange with it. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty and we don't know enough as yet but if they are proved, or the mum in particular of actually killing their daughter and then doing all of this to cover their tracks and make it look believable, I will change my views on corporal punishment. In fact, I`ll volunteer to give her the lethal injection.

Exactly, if she is guilty (not saying she is or will be) there will be alot of very angry people.. All the campaigns by famous footballers like David Beckham, Rooney etc... shed loads of money donated to help...

IT all depends on your phsycological outlook ............I had a very traumatic experience 9 years ago when my wife was knocked down by a motorist whilst crossing the road and was at deaths door for 3 months. I was in severe shock but did not know at the time just carried on with life, going to work and hospital every day....its amazing the resilience the mind and body can take.

Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well now.

Regarding the McCanns situation, it would appear that a death has occurred and their response to this is what perplexes me. Comparing that with your own experience, do you think you were stronger because there was hope for those three months? And do you think you would have reacted the same way if the worst had happened?

We all have our suspicions, but why is it always reported by the English press as unthinkable that The parents could have done it?

The language that is used when they are accused is always then retorted with a comment like "They will feel sadend and angered to hear that statement"

Compare that with how Murat is dealt with then that is a completely different ball game! He is always made out to be the bad guy. The only things that we know about him is he offered to help with the search which all good people would have done and then he gets pointed out and his place gets searched 4 times and they find nothing.

Its as if its a comedy sketch:

Copper 1: we still have no evidence boss

Sargent: Erm any new ideas?

Copper 2: Hound the Parents!

Sargent: How ridiculous, search Murat again!

Copper 1& 2: Again? But boss thats the third time this morning

Sargent: maybe so, but something fishy is going on here

Enter Leslie Neilsen: Nordberg wheres that Bronco, and the glove Oh my god! Nordberg I know who killed your wife.....................................................It was Murat!

Wow I could be the next Ben Elton :rolleyes:

Edited by KilworthFox

Sorry to hear that. Hope all is well now.

Regarding the McCanns situation, it would appear that a death has occurred and their response to this is what perplexes me. Comparing that with your own experience, do you think you were stronger because there was hope for those three months? And do you think you would have reacted the same way if the worst had happened?

I can't in all honesty answer that because of the different circumstances, although it has similarities, i could,nt sleep , i was virtually a robot because you have to keep your house going and your own life in check as far as possible, you really can go to extremes, because of not knowing the outcome, because doctors can only do so much.

Although she survived it brought a whole new outlook into perspective where she is now disabled, has a limited life due to slight brain damage, which confines her to the house mainly, but has never given her a duller outlook, just a resignation that she cant do what she used to

Reading this lot makes me wonder why some of you lot haven't enrolled for the Portugese Police you seem to know that much.

Not only would you have solved the crime by now, there's also the distinct possibility that we wouldn't have to have been left reading your shite.

Ho boy.

There's going to be egg on someone's face, majorly, here. If Mrs. McCann is found guilty and this entire thing has been a scam, they'll quite possibly be the two most hated figures on the entire planet. However, if she's deemed completely innocent then the Portuguese police are going to look like the world's most incompetent collection of cnuts if they don't already.

I know parents have most likely had this, the most awful of accusations, placed on them before in the events of a child's disappearance. There's never a "nice" way for the Police to address that line of inquiry. But coupled with the general ineptitude the rest of the investigation is deemed to have had, it's really not going to look too hot.

Either way, I smell lawsuites.

Edited by Finnegan

....I will change my views on corporal punishment. In fact, I`ll volunteer to give her the lethal injection.

Ouch! My school had corporal punishment when I was a kid, but we only had the cane. Your school seems much harsher by comparison...

Reading this lot makes me wonder why some of you lot haven't enrolled for the Portugese Police you seem to know that much.

Not only would you have solved the crime by now, there's also the distinct possibility that we wouldn't have to have been left reading your shite.

I am an ex copper, albeit an RAF one.

Still, there are many things which have not been adhered to, such as preservation of the crime scene, proper searches being carried out, best evidence etc.

:laugh:

Well, that saved me making a far less humorous observation.