Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

Does it matter if all this attentions being made of this because she is from a middle class background?

Would you rather her not be found because shes middle class?

No, i'm sure you wouldnt.

The most important thing is that shes found and if that means it gets media coverage for every second of the day then so be it.

Its irrelevant whether shes, rich, poor, black, white, muslim or christian. She doesnt know shes middle class and at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that she is found.

Of course I want her to be found alive and well - but all I'm saying is why should she be the 'special one' to get intense worldwide media coverage, appeals from celebrities, millions of pounds in reward money, videos being played at football matches etc etc etc.

As phube said - if she were frogmella ( :worship: ) would she have had the same coverage? NO.

It's been rumoured on the radio there's been a possible sighting of her in Morroco

There have been about 50 reported sighting haven't there? Why not round up every blonde girl who looks about 4? Would be more effective I reckon.

If she has left Portugal (which I assume she has) it'd make it virtually impossible to find her.

At least she might be old enough to know what's happening to her so she could get help? Or are 4 year old's not that bright? :unsure:

Who cares?

It matters that shes found, not whether the same things would be happening if she was poor!

I dont understand why people fail to see this.

Sigh I was waiting for these replys.

Of course everyone wants her to be found... BUT.... when the media pick one case and whip it up into a storm there is going to be resentment when other children go missing every day of the week. Children are hurt and killed in vilolent homes every day too, do the media give a fook NO, because it doesn't sell papers.

The harsh reality is i don't think shes gunna be found for a long long time, thats if shes still alive.

Its saddening i know and theres so many ****ed up people in this world its unreal.

That's nothing to do with "God" though i'm sure :rolleyes:

I may be able to shed some light on the reasons for the media focus.

I'm not sure who but someone in the McCann family is very well connected.

Lord Bell no less is behind the media campaign and when you have such a huge heavyweight like that in your corner then it is no wonder that the spotlight falls so brightly on your case.

I have nothing but sympathy for that poor little girl, wherever she may be of whatever may have happened to her she did not deserve it.

The parents however are a different story, they left their small children unattended in a room right next to a public road with the sliding doors unlocked so they could eat dinner.

As a father myself when I found that out, and that police dogs traced Madeleine's scent down the road away from the appartment, meaning she probably wandered out herself looking for her mum and dad, it really gets me mad.

I pray that this poor little girl is returned safe and sound as soon as possible, and when she does return I hope the local police throw the book at the parents, as their neglect is the reason their daughter is missing.

I may be able to shed some light on the reasons for the media focus.

I'm not sure who but someone in the McCann family is very well connected.

Lord Bell no less is behind the media campaign and when you have such a huge heavyweight like that in your corner then it is no wonder that the spotlight falls so brightly on your case.

I have nothing but sympathy for that poor little girl, wherever she may be of whatever may have happened to her she did not deserve it.

The parents however are a different story, they left their small children unattended in a room right next to a public road with the sliding doors unlocked so they could eat dinner.

As a father myself when I found that out, and that police dogs traced Madeleine's scent down the road away from the appartment, meaning she probably wandered out herself looking for her mum and dad, it really gets me mad.

I pray that this poor little girl is returned safe and sound as soon as possible, and when she does return I hope the local police throw the book at the parents, as their neglect is the reason their daughter is missing.

Err surely the scent would still have been there if someone had taken her? How do you know she wondered out?

I'm finding it very irksome that all this attention, time and money is going on this one problem. Yes it's tragic, yes I'd do the same if I were her parents so I don't blame them, yes I want her to be found but for Christ's sake, surely a fund for searching for missing people in general, or for the protection of children is better than this? There's a big world out there. I can't believe it's still in the news.

Err surely the scent would still have been there if someone had taken her? How do you know she wondered out?

Apprently it's common knowledge amongst Poruguese police circles.

The appartment is totally devoid of any intruder fingerprints, footprints, DNA, the appartment is totally clean.

Police dogs followed her scent down to a local supermarket and there the trail goes cold.

Apparently the McCanns were using a creche for the kids that was down that way and it was the most familiar route to Madeleine in Luz, so they think it's the way she would have gone to try and find her parents.

The British ex-police who were over there right after the abduction said that the Portuguese police believed the probable fact she left the appartment of her own accord and wandered down to the shops means the abduction is almost certainly an unplanned crime and was more than likely commited by a local.

I see there are rumors now starting to circle about contradictory evidence that puts the suspect and that Russian guy not only on the phone to each other shortly after the abduction, but also in Murats case wandering around Luz.

Obviously sue to the Potuguese legal process there is a lot we dont know about the case, so it's quite possible those two know more than they are letting on.

The bottom line is finding Madeleine, lets hope that happens soon.

Sorry if this comes across rude, but I wonder how long it will take for ITV, BBC etc. to give up with programmes live from Portugal and head home.

Great point!

I think for once the media actually have tried for the girls sake to keep the publicity up. So you could almost say they are actually doing a good deed.

However I think if this Murat trail goes cold and the Police over there look like they are coming up with nothing it wont be long before poor Madeleines case gets confined to 10 second snippets.

I think the point is, would she be getting all this media attention is she was Frogmella, daughter of Wayne and Waynetta Slobb? I seriously doubt it!
As phube said - if she were frogmella ( :worship: ) would she have had the same coverage? NO.
BUT.... when the media pick one case and whip it up into a storm there is going to be resentment when other children go missing every day of the week. Children are hurt and killed in vilolent homes every day too, do the media give a fook NO, because it doesn't sell papers.

Then surely the problem is not the disproportionate coverage the little chick is getting - but rather, why do we all not give a flying toss about anyone else?

I'm not annoyed at the coverage, I am annoyed at the plebs that cause it...the idiots that only care about something because they think that is what is expected of them.

Do something that actually alleviates suffering? Nah...I'll pay a quid for a badge.

Give up some of my free time to help children that suffer on a daily basis? Cock off! I've got a telethon to watch.

Father Paul Seddon, who married Mr and Mrs McCann eight years ago and baptised Madeleine, spoke to reporters in Portugal. He flew out to be with the family last week.

He said: "Kate has a very deep-rooted faith and she turned immediately to God for hope and strength.

"Gerry has found his own faith renewed through the incredible love he and Kate and the twins have received from everyone

Surely, if God existed, he must be a bit of an unpraisworthy cnut for allowing it to have happened in the first place? How the **** does having your child abducted 'strengthen your faith? :dunno::unsure:

Jesus christ. Not sure if anyone else has seen this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6668479.stm

what ever next?

I saw the video at the UEFA cup final.

To be fair it was quite good and was well received by the Spanish fans.

There were hundreds of volunteers in the city distributing leaflets as well.

If you haven't seen the video although good it is a little bizarre they superimpose an eyeglass over her eye and it just seemed a little strange to me.

I saw the video at the UEFA cup final.

To be fair it was quite good and was well received by the Spanish fans.

There were hundreds of volunteers in the city distributing leaflets as well.

If you haven't seen the video although good it is a little bizarre they superimpose an eyeglass over her eye and it just seemed a little strange to me.

That eyeglass thing is a good idea because it shows how apparent that pupil leakage thing is

The appartment is totally devoid of any intruder fingerprints, footprints, DNA, the appartment is totally clean.

Police dogs followed her scent down to a local supermarket and there the trail goes cold.

Apparently the McCanns were using a creche for the kids that was down that way and it was the most familiar route to Madeleine in Luz, so they think it's the way she would have gone to try and find her parents.

The British ex-police who were over there right after the abduction said that the Portuguese police believed the probable fact she left the appartment of her own accord and wandered down to the shops means the abduction is almost certainly an unplanned crime and was more than likely commited by a local.

I see there are rumors now starting to circle about contradictory evidence that puts the suspect and that Russian guy not only on the phone to each other shortly after the abduction, but also in Murats case wandering around Luz.

Obviously sue to the Potuguese legal process there is a lot we dont know about the case, so it's quite possible those two know more than they are letting on.

It doesn't make sense to my mind.

In a busy Algarve resort, with a fully lit supermarket, and the media attention the case has subsequently received, surely someone would have a seen a little 4 year old wandering about on her own? Even if they thought nothing of it at the time, surely they'd have come forward by now?

Similarly, if any tracker dogs detected her scent heading in the direction of where she was being creched during the days previous, I can't say I'm terribly surprised either. Presumebly she was there that afternoon, and every day she'd been there previous, so in all likelihood (given the time lag between raising the alarm and the re-action) any scent trail would almost certainly lead in that direction. By the time the dogs reached the supermarket (and now I'm guessing) i'd have thought they would suffer some kind of sensory over-load with the numerous conflicting and similar trails that must have been laid down by the number of people who must pass through the vicinity?

That Murat might have been using a mobile phone to speak to a friend who does his web design for his real estate business in the early evening proves nothing.

It doesn't make sense to my mind.

In a busy Algarve resort, with a fully lit supermarket, and the media attention the case has subsequently received, surely someone would have a seen a little 4 year old wandering about on her own? Even if they thought nothing of it at the time, surely they'd have come forward by now?

Similarly, if any tracker dogs detected her scent heading in the direction of where she was being creched during the days previous, I can't say I'm terribly surprised either. Presumebly she was there that afternoon, and every day she'd been there previous, so in all likelihood (given the time lag between raising the alarm and the re-action) any scent trail would almost certainly lead in that direction. By the time the dogs reached the supermarket (and now I'm guessing) i'd have thought they would suffer some kind of sensory over-load with the numerous conflicting and similar trails that must have been laid down by the number of people who must pass through the vicinity?

That Murat might have been using a mobile phone to speak to a friend who does his web design for his real estate business in the early evening proves nothing.

Interesting theories on the dog scent tracking. Police dogs are highly skilled at this work and I believe they are trained to ignore conflicting scents, but maybe it is because of the mass of smells in that area that they can no longer trace her scent.

Lets not forget that under Portuguese Judicial law they cannot disclose anything relating to the investigation, so who knows what information the police have that they are not making public. These little bits and bobs the media get are just part of the full picture.

It is suggested in this theory that she went looking for her parents that the first person she encountered just happened to be one of the very very few people in this Wolrd that would take advantage of that situation rather than go looking right away to return her to her parents.

I suppose the main difference in this theory is that is makes the crime an opportunist rather than planned one.

The reason it is odd that Murat is talking to the Russian around the time of the abduction is because the Russian guy has denied having any contact with Murat that evening. In addition there were British holidaymakers going door to door a little while after the girl's dissapearance and knocked on doors adjacent to Murat's home, where his mother says he was all evening. Yet Murat claims he did not know anything of the abduction until the next morning.

In addition whitnesses claim Murat was seen walking about by some of the locals searching for Madeleine that night, contradicting his mother's claim he was at home all evening.

All this is circumstantial of course and neither links or detaches these two men to the case, but it does show they are not telling the truth.

Interesting theories on the dog scent tracking. Police dogs are highly skilled at this work and I believe they are trained to ignore conflicting scents, but maybe it is because of the mass of smells in that area that they can no longer trace her scent.

Lets not forget that under Portuguese Judicial law they cannot disclose anything relating to the investigation, so who knows what information the police have that they are not making public. These little bits and bobs the media get are just part of the full picture.

It is suggested in this theory that she went looking for her parents that the first person she encountered just happened to be one of the very very few people in this Wolrd that would take advantage of that situation rather than go looking right away to return her to her parents.

I suppose the main difference in this theory is that is makes the crime an opportunist rather than planned one.

The reason it is odd that Murat is talking to the Russian around the time of the abduction is because the Russian guy has denied having any contact with Murat that evening. In addition there were British holidaymakers going door to door a little while after the girl's dissapearance and knocked on doors adjacent to Murat's home, where his mother says he was all evening. Yet Murat claims he did not know anything of the abduction until the next morning.

In addition whitnesses claim Murat was seen walking about by some of the locals searching for Madeleine that night, contradicting his mother's claim he was at home all evening.

All this is circumstantial of course and neither links or detaches these two men to the case, but it does show they are not telling the truth.

It's all conjecture, tittle tattle, leaks and media add ons and not to be taken seriously and I think it provides no benefit to resolving this and is disingenuous of you to surmise from this potential misinformation how and why if happened and who is responsible.

I thought the police found evidence of the window being forced.

They may not have anything to do with the disappearance of Madaleine but thats not to say they weren't doing anything illegal and it's no surprise the dogs had trouble picking up the scent with 400-500 journos contaminating the scene.

The press have been nothing short of scandalous.

They've been given hardly any information from the police, yet this is still one of the most publicised cases I've seen in years. The Murat situation was entirely press lead imo and it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't the press that had tipped the police off about him just as an excuse to be able to delve deeper into his affairs. He's certainly a bit shady but I doubt he's got anything to do with her disappearance.

What I found bizarre was that one day the press are almost accusing him of Madaleines abduction and the next day her disappearance has been moved to pages 3 and 4 to make way for the fact that he's in a love triangle!

Edited by Allen

In truth Murat was first reported to the Portuguese Police by a local car hire company.

He hired a car shortly after the abduction for 4 days and the people in the car hire firm suspected him of being up to something because he was panicking and demanding a car right away. This was several days before the media began to talk about Murat. This was comfirmed by the Police who explained upon Murat's detention that they were already investigating him prior to the media reporting him to them.

There was and is no evidence of a window leading into the McCanns appartment being broken into. That was false information spread by the media. My personal opinion is the McCanns media machine has been covering up the true facts as to how Madeleine was taken / walked out of the appartment as when you find out the truth you lose all sympathy for the parents as they left their 2 and 3 year old kids asleep, alone in an appartment next to a public road with the patio doors unlocked.

Whatever Murat and his mates were / are up to they are hiding something in my opinion. It may not have anything to do with Madeleine but it's not helping their own case to prove their innocence at the same time.

In my opinion the media, whatever their motives, have done a good job of keeping this little girls face and name in the public eye and at least that may have done some good.

In truth Murat was first reported to the Portuguese Police by a local car hire company.

He hired a car shortly after the abduction for 4 days and the people in the car hire firm suspected him of being up to something because he was panicking and demanding a car right away. This was several days before the media began to talk about Murat. This was comfirmed by the Police who explained upon Murat's detention that they were already investigating him prior to the media reporting him to them.

There was and is no evidence of a window leading into the McCanns appartment being broken into. That was false information spread by the media. My personal opinion is the McCanns media machine has been covering up the true facts as to how Madeleine was taken / walked out of the appartment as when you find out the truth you lose all sympathy for the parents as they left their 2 and 3 year old kids asleep, alone in an appartment next to a public road with the patio doors unlocked.

Whatever Murat and his mates were / are up to they are hiding something in my opinion. It may not have anything to do with Madeleine but it's not helping their own case to prove their innocence at the same time.

In my opinion the media, whatever their motives, have done a good job of keeping this little girls face and name in the public eye and at least that may have done some good.

To have an opinion like that is a hanging offence on this website Mack!

I wouldn't surprise me if it's not too far from the truth though. Sometimes you have to look beyond the emotional aspects of the situation to get the facts and as things stand at the minute we are a long way from knowing them.

Edited by Allen