Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Madeleine McCann

That's not what Katie said.

Police are professional people, skilled in the areas required.

Katie said the money is going to pay for a load of amateurs to be running all over the shop doing their little Magnum PI thing.

I can't see how this is going to help anyone - least of all the child or any future prosecution. :dunno:

No, No you misunderstand (or I failed to type it properly) this apparent fund IS for hiring proper private investigators if it is required, amongst other things. It is being set up by the family and friends which is fair enough, they probably feel totally helpless and want to do something.

Btw it's spelt Katy (as in my username ;))

I think it's fooking disgusting that this Robert Murat's face is all over the media... lets face it, whether he's done anything wrong or not he's gonna get loads of shit for it. He may well be the man and may he rot in hell if so but until then for Christ's sake surely he had right to anonymity?

I think it's fooking disgusting that this Robert Murat's face is all over the media... lets face it, whether he's done anything wrong or not he's gonna get loads of shit for it. He may well be the man and may he rot in hell if so but until then for Christ's sake surely he had right to anonymity?

Exactly.

I'm sure this unwanted media attention is tearing him apart at the moment. He shouldn't have been named until something more was concrete.

But then again people want to know that something is happening. Like I said, balancing the public interest with the right to privacy is a delicate act.

But then again people want to know that something is happening. Like I said, balancing the public interest with the right to privacy is a delicate act.

The Media delicate lol I know what you mean though.

Portuguese Police are looking for a red van in Lisbon with fake number plates after a girl looking like Madeleine has been seen in or around the van, according to Sky News.

Let's hope this isn't a false alarm. I hope for a happy ending. There's rarely one these days in cases like this. :(

Since Madeleine McCann disappeared on May 3rd another 450 young people have gone missing in Britain. While many are teenagers, none has received anything like the attention given to the McCann case, while sports stars and showbiz celebs have not felt the need to get involved with any of them.

Since Madeleine McCann disappeared on May 3rd another 450 young people have gone missing in Britain. While many are teenagers, none has received anything like the attention given to the McCann case, while sports stars and showbiz celebs have not felt the need to get involved with any of them.

Quite!

Don't even get me started.

Why I keep getting asked to help by the media I don't know, I wasn't in portugal when it bloody happened.

All these million pound rewards up for grabs, I think the money would be better off being given to the nspcc.

Don't even get me started.

Why I keep getting asked to help by the media I don't know, I wasn't in portugal when it bloody happened.

All these million pound rewards up for grabs, I think the money would be better off being given to the nspcc.

I checked my back garden but she wasn't there... Have I done 'my bit'??

I really really really cannot see why this is STILL in the news and is pretty much part of the main headlines.

As someone else mentioned, i'm sure her being a pretty middle class toddler has some bearing on it, but I doubt the london bombings had this much coverage!?

What about the tsunami which killed thousands and thousands of people and ruined entire countries?

The fund...the reward money...its getting ridiculous.

Why should one person receive so much attention, when (much worse things happen) everyday in every part of the world.

Just think it's so unfair that there is media attention from around the world so there is a much better chance of finding her than any of the other young people that go missing.

How must other families who have lost their kids be feeling? P*ssed off id guess

Edited by Bluefoxtim

I really really really cannot see why this is STILL in the news and is pretty much part of the main headlines.

As someone else mentioned, i'm sure her being a pretty middle class toddler has some bearing on it, but I doubt the london bombings had this much coverage!?

What about the tsunami which killed thousands and thousands of people and ruined entire countries?

The fund...the reward money...its getting ridiculous.

Why should one person receive so much attention, when (much worse things happen) everyday in every part of the world.

Just think it's so unfair that there is media attention from around the world so there is a much better chance of finding her than any of the other young people that go missing.

How must other families who have lost their kids be feeling? P*ssed off id guess

Does it matter if all this attentions being made of this because she is from a middle class background?

Would you rather her not be found because shes middle class?

No, i'm sure you wouldnt.

The most important thing is that shes found and if that means it gets media coverage for every second of the day then so be it.

Its irrelevant whether shes, rich, poor, black, white, muslim or christian. She doesnt know shes middle class and at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that she is found.

You see this is why grammar matters. I'm sure you meant to say a pretty, middle class toddler! But you just said she was a pretty middle calss toddler! Like a pretty average footballer!! :rolleyes:

Will people ever learn???

Does it matter if all this attentions being made of this because she is from a middle class background?

Would you rather her not be found because shes middle class?

No, i'm sure you wouldnt.

The most important thing is that shes found and if that means it gets media coverage for every second of the day then so be it.

Its irrelevant whether shes, rich, poor, black, white, muslim or christian. She doesnt know shes middle class and at the end of the day the only thing that matters is that she is found.

I think the point is, would she be getting all this media attention is she was Frogmella, daughter of Wayne and Waynetta Slobb? I seriously doubt it!

I think the point is, would she be getting all this media attention is she was Frogmella, daughter of Wayne and Waynetta Slobb? I seriously doubt it!

Who cares?

It matters that shes found, not whether the same things would be happening if she was poor!

I dont understand why people fail to see this.