Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ricey

Iain Dowie

The Sun says today that Iain Dowie is the new front runner for the job, I can imagine this going down badly with most people on here. Not with me though.

Before I start let me make clear that I would still prefer Coleman, however Iain Dowie as Leicester manager wouldn't be so bad. He has got a bad reputation from the Palace/Charlton saga but that doesn't hide the fact that he's an intelligent and passionate manager who stands for what he believes in. The biggest thing we need right now is passion, we haven't had a passionate manager since O'Neill, someone who will stand on the touchline living every moment....I think both Coleman and Dowie would offer that. We also need someone who is young and not stuck in the footballing-past, a manager who will embrace and accept the modern game.

I still can't imagine him leaving Coventry though, not after what happened at Palace and then Charlton....I'm pretty sure he's fed up of controversy.

Dowie?! I mean seriously. What the f**k! lol

ARTICLE

IAIN DOWIE has emerged as a shock front-runner to take over as Leicester manager.

The Coventry boss is already unhappy with his board, less than three months after filling the Ricoh Arena hotseat.

The Foxes' new owner Milan Mandaric is a long-term admirer of Dowie and approached Crystal Palace for his services while supremo at Portsmouth.

It could see the former Northern Ireland striker in his FOURTH manager;s job in less than 12 months.

He is locked in a court battle with Palace chairman Simon Jordan over his reasons for leaving Palace for Charlton last May.

Paul Ince, boss at Macclesfield, and former Fulham manager Chris Coleman have also been linked with the Leicester job.

The Sun says today that Iain Dowie is the new front runner for the job, I can imagine this going down badly with most people on here. Not with me though.

Before I start let me make clear that I would still prefer Coleman, however Iain Dowie as Leicester manager wouldn't be so bad. He has got a bad reputation from the Palace/Charlton saga but that doesn't hide the fact that he's an intelligent and passionate manager who stands for what he believes in. The biggest thing we need right now is passion, we haven't had a passionate manager since O'Neill, someone who will stand on the touchline living every moment....I think both Coleman and Dowie would offer that. We also need someone who is young and not stuck in the footballing-past, a manager who will embrace and accept the modern game.

I still can't imagine him leaving Coventry though, not after what happened at Palace and then Charlton....I'm pretty sure he's fed up of controversy.

Passion is good but not essential to me. I'm passionate and can live every moment on the touch line but I'd be a crap manager. What we need is someone who knows how to win in a moderately attractive manner, can get the best out of mediocre to half decent players either by strong discipline and/or good coaching who knows what the **** he's on about.

Displays of passion are way down the list for me.

As for Dowie he'd be a fair way down my list if I had one and at this rate he'll have had more clubs than Tiger.

Palace fans I know have always told me that Dowie is poor in the transfer market and has no imagination with his signings. Not the man we want to be spending Milan's millions if you ask me.

Dowie is indeed coming in....

But, not in the role you might imagine.

He's coming in to spearhead our front line for next season. It's not cut and dry though, a condition is that another golden old boy signs. So far Mark Stein and Jan Aaaaaaaaaaaaaage Scrabble Fjortoft have been approached.

As for our new manager - look no further than Mr Gary Mills. Sorted.

i certainly don't want him and if he's falling out with his board already (i think it's fair to say he's not best buddies with Palace's and Charlton's backroom staff either) he must be pretty unproffessional. he seems to think he's a lot better than he really is. find the story hard to believe and i sure hope it's cobblers. but its also so bizzare i fear it could be true. :S

Dowie is indeed coming in....

But, not in the role you might imagine.

He's coming in to spearhead our front line for next season. It's not cut and dry though, a condition is that another golden old boy signs. So far Mark Stein and Jan Aaaaaaaaaaaaaage Scrabble Fjortoft have been approached.

As for our new manager - look no further than Mr Gary Mills. Sorted.

:whistle:

Yeah but Simon Jordan is a co ck and Charlton just panicked.

I take your point though.

I personally would rather have Coleman, he's as keen as mustard.

I thank you.

very true points, although i don't think dowie would have done much with charlton had he been kept there - i just had a feling from the start he'd fail. hiring Les Reed, now that was stupid!! thank the lord he's not been linked with us! (touch wood!) :)

Story seem pretty suspect to me, i just cant see Dowie leaving Covscum so soon after arriving there and getting off to a decent(ish) start... whats more i think in effect he's had the chance and Milan's moved on to other targets, think its just the Sun throwing names around and seeing if any of it sticks, that said I'm not saying he'd be a "bad" manager but he'd not be my top choice, though I am starting to think that somone like Davies or Burnley could be in cotention - though if not, possibly Coleman (isnt he on holiday at the moment? - hence the lack of movment perhaps).

To be honest, I don't think getting a manager should be too much of a problem. Unless you get a total imbecile in the transfer market like Peter Taylor, with MM's money the sky is the limit. Just look at Sunderland, Roy Keane is no miracle worker, he has just spotted the right players and brought them in. Good players can basically coach themselves and all the manager is there to do is pick them on the team sheet.

I wouldn't be disappointed really with Dowie, or Coleman, or Ince, or..............

For me, 90% depends on the playing side.

Why would Milan go for a manager who has enjoyed little in terms of success over the past few years, barring promotion with palace? If he wanted the Leicester job, he should've waited until it was available (we all knew Kelly wouldn't last long). I'd be very disappointed if Dowie arrived here, but at least we'd get to see his handsome features every week. :thumbup:

Dowie seem sliek a bright manager but he walked out on Palace after telling them porkies that he was going up T`North to be near his family, he then goes to Charlton and spends plenty of cash on some right donkeys and he is so bad that the board act quickly because he is taking the club backwards apparently with stuff going wrong off the pitch as well as on it. He then gets the Coventry job and is on the everge of running away again. Whats even funnier is reading the stuff that has come out with his court case with Simon Jordan. Dowie seems like a right moaning plank!

Im no expert but I think that Dowie is a little unstable lol

Not for me!

Apart from a 5 month streak with Crystal Palace what exactly has Dowie ever achieved or done that would merit any kind of justifiable argument to suggest he would be a good manager for us?

Not for me.

COUGH COUGH it was in the sun!! 90% entertainment 10% bull shit

Never a truer word spoken

I don't think it would be too bad but I'd MUCH prefer Coleman, for me

1 Coleman

2 Ince

Not really that interested in anyone else!

Hahaha, Iain Dowie, don't make me laugh, a front runner :blink:. Leave him to do his dirty work at Coventry, don't want s*** dragged over to our football club. Milan, don't either bother saying Iain Dowie is being speculated about. He's no good.

Archived