Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
uncle_connolly

Izale McLeod linked with Leicester

Whether he's up to the Championship this season, no-one knows yet. I keep seeing Mort saying McLeod has failed at this level but it's a very different thing coming back to a division after scoring hatfuls of goals in the lower leagues and becoming a hot property as opposed to having your first taste of professional football in the most competitive second tier in the world.

I like the idea of a quick, direct striker with a bit of height who has a proven goalscoring record at whatever level (had to add the last bit to differentiate him from Elvis somehow... scary). The fact is that there aren't many targetmen around. I just wish Keogh had stuck with Scunny until this summer so he could have been an option. He is exactly what we need - someone both tall and mobile with some sort of goalscoring pedigree.

Any seven-figure fee would be a gigantic gamble in my eyes as Milan is not a bottomless pit and we need to get this summer right. My worry is that he could be to Martin Allen what Ade Akinbiyi was to Peter Taylor.

From the video I saw I really don't think he would cut it at this level, it was mianly down to slow, poor quality defenders that his goals came about.

He is probably worth a gamble at say an initial 250k, with add ons if he makes a certain number of appearances (probably 40? this would show him to be capable enough to deserve the extra money 300k), scores a certain amount of goals (20, again would show he is capable of scoring at this level, 250k), and probably a sell on clause of 10%.

So it could go upto 800k, plus a sell on claus.

My good contacts say McLeod in for 1.4m, and jarvis also in soon. Sounds expensive.

Jarvis would be a bit of a coup with some of the clubs linked to him but McLeod for that price, I'd rather not. We should persist in the Saganowski 'bid' who at £1m is not only cheaper, but proven at this level.

Jarvis would be a bit of a coup with some of the clubs linked to him but McLeod for that price, I'd rather not. We should persist in the Saganowski 'bid' who at £1m is not only cheaper, but proven at this level.

Only a handful of games though. Has failed at a lot of places in the past as far as I can work out. Plus Izale is a lot younger. I would probably still prefer Saganowski but I think it's a closer call between the two than people are making out. I am warming to the idea of Izale coming in tomorrow, mainly because I am desperate for it all to work out this season.

Only a handful of games though. Has failed at a lot of places in the past as far as I can work out. Plus Izale is a lot younger. I would probably still prefer Saganowski but I think it's a closer call between the two than people are making out. I am warming to the idea of Izale coming in tomorrow, mainly because I am desperate for it all to work out this season.

Yes I suppose it is a close call, I haven't got a clue at how Saganowski has done in the past so I can only judge him at the Saints. Looks like we have missed the boat anyway.

And yes, like you if we do sign Izale tomorrow it will be a reasonably adventurous signing that will excite me. Still anxious at the price tag though for a League 2 player.

My good contacts say McLeod in for 1.4m, and jarvis also in soon. Sounds expensive.

but to be fair that could just be a guess because theres a chance it will happen so you get known for having a good source

if he comes in for the figure you have given then i will be less likely to doubt you in the future

but to be fair that could just be a guess because theres a chance it will happen so you get known for having a good source

if he comes in for the figure you have given then i will be less likely to doubt you in the future

Listen, i've been on here for long enough not to mess people around, and i'd like to think i've got a bit more respect than you've shown me. I'm just as unsure as you, but this has come from inside the club, so i thought i'd let you all know. From what i gather the 1.4m figure is what MK Dons are demanding. Rest assured i'll be making further enquiries after todays no show.

Martin Allen must have something wrong with him if he wants to sign this JOKE. This is ridiculous especially when you've got Todorov around.

Why would Todorov want to come to Leiceter, be realistic.

I mean, he aint THAT good (good enough for us), but he would certainly attract attention from other Premiership clubs.

McLeod is a youngish up and coming, from a lower league club. He is a lot more likely to come to Leicester than Todorov.

Why would Todorov want to come to Leiceter, be realistic.

I mean, he aint THAT good (good enough for us), but he would certainly attract attention from other Premiership clubs.

McLeod is a youngish up and coming, from a lower league club. He is a lot more likely to come to Leicester than Todorov.

Nice to see some common sense for a change :thumbup:

Listen, i've been on here for long enough not to mess people around, and i'd like to think i've got a bit more respect than you've shown me. I'm just as unsure as you, but this has come from inside the club, so i thought i'd let you all know. From what i gather the 1.4m figure is what MK Dons are demanding. Rest assured i'll be making further enquiries after todays no show.

i did not mean that in a dissrespectful manner at all and i appologise its just there are so many people claiming to have sources in the club theres always that doubt until they have one that actally happens ill say again i reaaly did not mean that in a bad way and didnt mean to offend you

i did not mean that in a dissrespectful manner at all and i appologise its just there are so many people claiming to have sources in the club theres always that doubt until they have one that actally happens ill say again i reaaly did not mean that in a bad way and didnt mean to offend you

yeh, i know, i completely understand where you're coming from. I'm just as sceptical about it all. We all want some hard facts.

starting to be concerned now considering we only seem to be going for players that are unwanted by their past clubs.

A large amount of transfers that happen at this time of year are players who are out of contract or have been released. Wouldn't expect to starting spending money until last two weeks of June/early July.

Just caught SSN, they were reading out a statement regarding a player and willing to listen to offers, I wasn't really paying attention, then the bloke says "and i wonder if one will be from Martin Allen and Leicester City"

Dont have a clue what player they were talking about, probably McLeod, feel free to move this to wherever is suitable. :thumbup:

Archived