Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fez of Mahrez

Complainants

Just wondering, with all these unnecessary new threads created by new members - would it perhaps be a good idea to have a clampdown on people replying to said threads in a derogatory manner as long as the mods/admin are happy enough to merge them when they get the time? Because at the moment they are all descending into off-topic farce and getting moved to General Chat.

Hopefully we could get more established members to ignore these new threads instead of making the situation worse.

I'll admit I've been one of the worst offenders for it as they're an easy target for a cheap joke but if we can all let the mods/admin get on with their job then it'll be a better site all-round.

Any thoughts?

Definitely, it's very time consuming picking out posts to move into the topic they were supposed to go in, and there isn't always going to be a mod on to sort it out so it's likely to reach the 20 reply stage, which is a right pain to sort - hence they've been ending up in General Chat ;)

Just wondering, with all these unnecessary new threads created by new members - would it perhaps be a good idea to have a clampdown on people replying to said threads in a derogatory manner as long as the mods/admin are happy enough to merge them when they get the time? Because at the moment they are all descending into off-topic farce and getting moved to General Chat.

Hopefully we could get more established members to ignore these new threads instead of making the situation worse.

I'll admit I've been one of the worst offenders for it as they're an easy target for a cheap joke but if we can all let the mods/admin get on with their job then it'll be a better site all-round.

Any thoughts?

Amen to that, it has been suggested several times by several people.

Any thoughts?

Isn't this a repeat thread in itself :dunno:?

Amen to that, it has been suggested several times by several people.
Isn't this a repeat thread in itself :dunno:?

As has been mentioned, it has all been mentioned before.

I don't think it's ever been a topic in its own right, though... it was merely mentioned in another discussion that was raging at the time.

Stez was probably the first person to raise it... he'd know all about it. Or he would do had senility not set in already. :ph34r:

How many threads have there been on the 'one team one dream' event?

90% of the time it's people who have less than 10 posts.

I suppose you could only allow people to post new topics when they have 20+ posts or something but that'd probably create more problems with random replies...

How about the people that are registered now are the only ones that can post new topics...new users would have to earn the right to post new topics...

which would be done by making really good points in other topics or sitting an exam on the FoxesTalk guidelines or sleeping with the moderators :whistle: ......

Can new members just have no new thread privileges until they hit 50 posts or something?

Has also been suggested and I think Mark's actually implemented it now a day or so ago. I think it's about ten posts at the moment but he's keeping an eye on it. He's assured us, I think, that he's willing to fiddle around with it if it doesn't work.

Archived