Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Scaramanga!

News of the World 5/8/07

Where do you think we're going to finish then?

I'd say 12th is about fair, give or take a few places.

I'd take a few places but I'd be very disappointed if we gave too many and finished below that.

12th is the minimum expectation for me. Between 7th and 11th and I'd be very satisfied. Higher? Doubt it.

Expecting Top 10, Expecting Improvement, Expecting to see the players who are playing for us want to play for us, If I see that I can't ask for much more, I'll be happy, Anything less and i'll be disappointed.

The aim if Play-offs, but thats not an expectation! I think, if it plans out the way I think we'll be in for a top 10 finish this season, pushing for play-offs and promotion next season!

The news of the world's score section has predicted that we're gonna finish 12th.

Anyone agree?

Fair assessment really, we have shown in the last 3 seasons that winning games consistently has been a struggle and I know we have MM but you have got to be conservative, this is a 3 year plan remember. I believe it was the NOTW (or maybe the Sun) predicted us to finish 7th last season under RK. :frusty:

If we finish 12th MA will get the sack, no question about that.

I don't agree it's as black and white as that.

There'd be a risk, no doubt. Mandaric IS demanding and ambitious. But at the same time I can always bring up the "3 years" argument which suggests he will be somewhat more patient and then other factors such as injuries and form which may affect Mandaric's appraisal. As well as the need for continuity after such a rough last few years.

If we don't at least make a fist of getting somewhere near the play-offs then MM will consider that a failure. All this talk of 3 years is crap- the club isn't making money for him down here. He wants promotion as soon as possible- this year if he can get it. He's stated anything less than play-offs is failure. If we're as low as 12th come the end of the season then that'll be no good to MA whatsoever. Rightly or wrongly (and I happen to believe wrongly) I think he'll be gone.

A lot of people seem to predict us and Cov to be close but almost all of them seem to put Coventry above us and I can't think why.

I think it is because they think that Coventry will do better than us next season.

Yeah but my point is, why? Why do pundits so consistently place Coventry above us? I don't think their side was much better than ours last season and I think we have made better signings... I don't see what Cov have done that have made them so consistently better fancied.

Yeah but my point is, why? Why do pundits so consistently place Coventry above us? I don't think their side was much better than ours last season and I think we have made better signings... I don't see what Cov have done that have made them so consistently better fancied.

Cov's manager has a record of success in this league, while MA doesn't.

That may be enough to tempt the uninformed to rate them above us.

to be honest i agree with them...if anyone thinks we are going to finish in the top 2 this year is just plain stupid

Whilst I do agree with you, some sections of the media see us as dark horses for the top two, I think a couple TeamTalk journos had us down for the top two in their season predictions and another had us down as play offs. So not every section of the media is predicting a season of mediocrity for us.

Archived