Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

TESCO has been accused of religious discrimination - after banning a JEDI KNIGHT for wearing a hood.

Members of the Star Wars faith - a religion practised around the world - choose to cover their heads in public.

But the leader of the UK's first Jedi Church was branded a security risk and ejected by three staff after refusing to remove his hoodie at a Tesco in Bangor, North Wales.

Daniel Jones, 23 - also known by his Jedi name Morda Hehol - said: "I told them it was a requirement of my religion but they just sniggered and ordered me to leave.

"I walked past a Muslim lady in a veil. Surely the same rules should apply to everyone." The handbook of the UK Jedi Church, founded by film nut Daniel last year, states: "Jedis must wear a hood up in any public place of a large audience."

Daniel added: "I'll advise worshippers to boycott Tesco if it happens again. They will feel the Force."

A Tesco spokesman said: "We would ask Jedis to remove hoods. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all went hoodless without going to the Dark Side."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...aring-hood.html

TESCO has been accused of religious discrimination - after banning a JEDI KNIGHT for wearing a hood.

Members of the Star Wars faith - a religion practised around the world - choose to cover their heads in public.

But the leader of the UK's first Jedi Church was branded a security risk and ejected by three staff after refusing to remove his hoodie at a Tesco in Bangor, North Wales.

Daniel Jones, 23 - also known by his Jedi name Morda Hehol - said: "I told them it was a requirement of my religion but they just sniggered and ordered me to leave.

"I walked past a Muslim lady in a veil. Surely the same rules should apply to everyone." The handbook of the UK Jedi Church, founded by film nut Daniel last year, states: "Jedis must wear a hood up in any public place of a large audience."

Daniel added: "I'll advise worshippers to boycott Tesco if it happens again. They will feel the Force."

A Tesco spokesman said: "We would ask Jedis to remove hoods. Obi-Wan Kenobi, Yoda and Luke Skywalker all went hoodless without going to the Dark Side."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/...aring-hood.html

The Sun missed the best quote's that The Guardian printed.

"If Jedi walk around our stores with their hoods on, they'll miss lots of special offers."

:chant: Well done Tesco.

And....

"They weren't listening to me and were rude. They had three people around me. It was intimidating."

Never knew there were Gay Jedi. :dunno:

Edited by Leicfox

Tesco at it again!!! lol fantastic!!!

A shopper was asked for proof of age when she tried to buy a packet of teaspoons from a supermarket.

Emma Sheppard was forbidden to buy the cutlery unless she showed identification to a shop assistant at her local Tesco.

Till operators at the store in Evesham, Worcs, wouldn't sell the pack of five teaspoons on Monday night as part of their 'Think 25' scheme, which demands ID from people who look under 25 when buying certain goods.

Stunned: Emma Sheppard wasn't carrying ID when she was challenged in Tesco as she didn't think she would need to prove her age to buy spoons

Emma, 21, from Malvern, had spend around £70 on a food shop with her partner John, 20, when the female checkout assistant asked her for identification, before holding up the offending teaspoons.

Emma, a housewife, said: 'When the assistant asked me for ID I thought John had sneakily put some booze in the trolley, but then when she held up a pack of spoons we looked at her like she was an idiot.

'We were both a bit taken aback really - what are you going to do with a packet of spoons that means you need ID to buy them? In this crazy world we live in, you have to be over 18 to buy teaspoons it seems.

'I'm 21, I would have understood the need to ID me if it was alcohol, but it wasn't. It was teaspoons I need to stir my cup of coffee in the morning.

'I didn't have my ID on me as I was only doing my weekly food shop and was not buying any alcohol. We couldn't get the spoons in the end, and I rather angrily threw my shopping in the trolley, breaking my eggs.

'I felt like saying "excuse me while I go on a mad rampage around Evesham with teaspoons"'.

Tesco sell teaspoons for as little as 57p for their 'Value' pack of five.

A Tesco spokesperson said: 'Some utensils, such as knifes, will carry a 'Think 25' alert when scanned through the checkout. There is an element of common sense involved and this was a mistake, for which we are sorry.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12...l#ixzz0SoAZjiRB

Edited by MPH

Wasn't sure what this should be classified as amusing, thought provoking or the cvnts one :P

The ultimate WAG-mobile: Premiership star Stephen Ireland splashes £264,000 on pimped-up Bentley for girlfriend complete with embroidered lovehearts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...l#ixzz0T4IbuFNI

Wasn't sure what this should be classified as amusing, thought provoking or the cvnts one :P

The ultimate WAG-mobile: Premiership star Stephen Ireland splashes £264,000 on pimped-up Bentley for girlfriend complete with embroidered lovehearts

:sick:

£264k on a Chavmobile. Shows money can't buy you class. :)

Still not as nice as his R8.

snn1627aa_682_782226ajlswnhl.jpg

wanted this to be more of an amazing news story instead of amusing but anyway...

'Batboy' Lucas sees with his ears

Blind seven-year-old Lucas Murray is making the headlines with his ability to "see" using his ears.

Lucas, who has become one of the first in the UK to learn the technique, has been nicknamed 'batboy' after learning how to use echoes to picture the world around him.

He clicks his tongue on the roof of his mouth and the sound that comes back tells him the distance, shape, density and position of objects.

Lucas, from Poole in Dorset, who was born blind, can even shoot basketball hoops, rock climb and run around the playground with the technique which is similar to that used by bats and dolphins.

He tells distance by timing how long the echo takes to return, the ear the sound reaches first tells him location and he picks up the density and shape of an object by the intensity of the sound bouncing back. An object moving away creates a lower pitch and vice versa.

Lucas was taught by blind Californian Daniel Kish, 43, who founded the World Access for the Blind charity.

Lucas's parents Sarah and Iain saw Mr Kish on TV and asked him to visit.

"Lucas is one of the first in the UK to use this technique," said Mr Kish.

"He is able to click his tongue and determine where things are around him and what things are around him and he is able to travel comfortably without holding on to people. The click basically emanates a sound which bounces off the environment a bit like the flash of a camera."

He said Lucas determines the qualities of an object by the characteristics of the sound that comes back and added: "He does play basketball, he is able to make it in to the hoop by clicking, he is actually pretty good at that. He is doing very well and his mobility is amazing, the best for his age in the UK."

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/article.as...&ocid=today

wanted this to be more of an amazing news story instead of amusing but anyway...

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/article.as...&ocid=today

Really is amazing.

I saw a programme on this once and the problem with this is that they can't detect holes or gaps in the ground. They're fine detecting things above and around them, but iirc they can't judge distances below them if there is a hole in the ground.

But seriously, taking nothing away from him - inspirational in some ways I guess.