Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Amusing News Stories

• 4 weeks later...

Police in the US state of New Jersey have ordered a family to cover up their snow sculpture of the famous nude Venus de Milo after a neighbour complained.

Eliza Gonzalez sculpted the snow-woman with her son and daughter on her front lawn in Rahway following a snowstorm.

Many people praised their creation, but a police officer told them a neighbour had found it too risque, she said.

When given the option of covering the sculpture up or knocking it down, she dressed it in a bikini top and sarong.

"We didn't want to have any problem with the police so we covered it up," Ms Gonzalez told the AFP news agency.

But she now thinks the snowy Venus looks "more objectified and sexualised" than it did before the authorities intervened.

_47418731_snowvenusafp466.jpg

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4741...venusafp466.jpg

Shouldnt laugh I know but........... lol

http://news.bbc.co.u...ast/8570398.stm

"The accused got to his feet and was standing over the police officer exposing his penis and thrusting it in her face, forcing her to take evasive action to avoid getting struck."

I can't work that out, was he 8 foot (in height) and she 4 foot, was she kneeling down?

• 2 weeks later...

http://news.uk.msn.com/odd-news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=152898359

Girl arrested for doodling on desk

A 12-year-old girl who was hauled out of her New York school in handcuffs for doodling on her desk has started legal action against the city over her arrest.

A lawyer for Alexa Gonzalez filed legal papers seeking 1 million dollars (£658,000) in damages, saying the girl, from Queens, was subjected to overly harsh treatment.

Alexa was arrested at her junior high school in February after scribbling "I love my friends Abby and Faith" on her desk with an erasable marker pen.

Punch-drunk priest hits a mourner at funeral he was supposed to be officiating

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1263228/Punch-drunk-priest-hits-mourner-funeral-supposed-officiating.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0k9YN9hh1

A catholic priest has been arrested after turning up ‘severely drunk’ at a funeral and then beating up one of the mourners.

Father Bonaventure Ouedraogo, who is in his 40s, could barely stand when he arrived to officiate at the religious ceremony at the Church of St John, in Muret, near the south west France city of Toulouse.

When family members of the deceased saw the state he was in they began crying and asked him to leave.

He then began staggering towards his car, which led many of them to fear that he would cause an accident through drunk driving.

‘When a few of us tried to stop him getting behind the driver’s wheel he began attacking us,’ said one of the mourner’s at the service on Tuesday afternoon.

‘He grabbed one mourner and then punched him repeatedly in the face. Police were called and Father Bonaventure was arrested. Then he was found to be well over the drink drive limit. He was severely drunk.’

Father Bonaventure, who is originally from the former French colony of Burkina Faso, was arrested by local gendarmes who took him to a local police station to sober up.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1263228/Punch-drunk-priest-hits-mourner-funeral-supposed-officiating.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0k9Y7l0M7

• 2 weeks later...

http://news.bbc.co.u...010/8620508.stm

I'm not sure whether I should laugh or cry at the fact that the FIFA/South Africa 2010 organisation still struggles to sell the remaining 500'000 tickets available for the WC games down there.:unsure:

Half a million pieces... And now they're trying to motivate the local population to purchase some - but they're relatively bloody expensive, so I think they're getting a discount (?).

Edited by Alexei

Telegraph.

Women who dress “inappropriately” incite extramarital sex that in turn cause more earthquakes, a senior Iranian hard-line cleric has claimed.

Extramarital sex 'causes more earthquakes', Iranian cleric claims

A crowded market in Tehran. Iran is prone to frequent quakes, many of which have been devastating for the country.

Attractive women who snub traditional Islamic clothing to instead wear fashionable clothes and apply heavy make-up, caused youths in the country to “go astray” and have affairs, Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi said.

The hard-line cleric said as a result the country, bounded by several fault lines, experienced more “calamities” such as earthquakes, the reformist Aftab-e Yazd newspaper reported him saying.

Iran is prone to frequent quakes, many of which have been devastating for the country.

"Many women who dress inappropriately ... cause youths to go astray, taint their chastity and incite extramarital sex in society, which increases earthquakes," he told worshippers at a Tehran prayer service late last week.

"Calamities are the result of people's deeds.

“We have no way but conform to Islam to ward off dangers."

The Islamic dress code is mandatory in Iran, which has been under clerical rule for more than three decades.

Every post-pubescent woman regardless of her religion or nationality must cover her hair and bodily contours in public.

Offenders face punishment and fine.

But this has not stopped urban women from appearing in the streets wearing tight coats and flimsy headscarves and layers of skilfully applied make-up.

Experts have warned that a strong quake in Tehran, the Iranian capital, could kill hundreds of thousands of people.

Tehran province has nearly 14 million inhabitants, eight million of whom live in the city, which sits on several fault lines.

Earlier this month, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the country’s president, warned at least five million Tehran residents that they should flee Iran's capital because it is threatened by earthquakes.

Mr Ahmadinejad said that more than two thirds of Iran's 74-million-strong population lived in urban areas.

"We cannot predict when an earthquake will happen. But if anything happens to Tehran province's 13.8 million residents, how can we manage that?" he asked.

Saw this yesterday and epic is all that has to be said.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7606600/Man-loses-licence-after-drink-driving-in-toy-Barbie-car.html

Man loses licence after drink-driving in toy Barbie car

A man who was caught drink-driving in a toy car with a top speed of 4mph has been banned from driving.

Paul Hutton, 40, was pulled over by police as he drove an electric Barbie car, which moves slower than a mobility scooter, near his home in Essex.

Mr Hutton, who has four children Simon, 17, Calum, 14, Laina, 12, and John, 11, admitted being a 'complete twit'.

Speaking after the hearing at Colchester magistrates court, he said: "You have to be a contortionist to get in, and then you can't get out.

"I was very surprised to get done for drink-driving but I was a twit to say the least.

"It is designed for three-to-five-year-olds.

"Originally it was a pink Barbie car but I put bigger wheels on it but it's not fast.

"I'm not unhappy with my punishment, just a little bit surprised."

Mr Hutton, who is divorced, is a former RAF aeronautical engineer who now studies electrical engineering at Colchester Institute.

He explained: "I'm in the third year of my electrical engineering course and it was a little project I was doing with my son who is doing a car mechanics course.

"When it was done I couldn't resist the temptation to take it out."

Mr Hutton, was found to be twice the drink-drive limit, he said.

Appearing before magistrates last week, he admitted driving the toy car while drunk.

He was given a mandatory three-year ban because he had received another drink-drive ban within the past ten years.

Magistrates also gave him a 12-month conditional discharge and ordered him to pay £85 court costs.

Chairman of the bench Neil Munson said: "This is most unusual.

"I have never seen the like of it in 15 years on the bench.

"The vehicle is not even capable of doing the speed of a mobility scooter and could be outrun by a pedestrian.

"Taking this into account, we feel we can impose a sentence of a conditional discharge for a period of 12 months."

The car was confiscated by police until the hearing but Mr Hutton now hopes to get it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Police barred from penis enlargement

Forget about getting a job as a police officer in Indonesia's Papua if you have had your penis enlarged. You won't get it, according to local media reports citing the Papua police chief.

An applicant "will be asked whether or not his vital organ has been enlarged," said Papua police chief Bekto Suprapto, quoted on local website Kompas.com.

"If he has, he will be considered unfit to join the police or the military."

The ban was applied since the unnatural size causes "hindrance during training," said police spokesman Zainuri Lubis in Jakarta, quoted by news portal Detik.com.

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63M3LF20100423

standard sized truncheons only :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8671577.stm

A Chinese man who spent almost 10 years in jail for murder has been freed after his supposed victim was found alive.

Zhao Zuohai had a fight with his neighbour, who then disappeared, and was charged when a headless, decomposed body was found 18 months later.

The miscarriage of justice came to light when the neighbour, Zhao Zhenshang, returned to his village in Henan province to seek welfare support.

He had fled after their fight because he feared he had killed Zhao Zuohai.

Mr Zhao's conviction for murder was reportedly based mainly on a confession. His brother said police had forced him to drink chilli-tainted water and set off fireworks above his head to extract one.

Correspondents say convictions in the Chinese court system are strongly dependent on confessions, motivating police to use force to get one. Henan Provincial Higher People's Court has ordered an investigation into the case and the original judges will be punished.

Mr Zhao was initially sentenced to death for the crime, but the sentenced was commuted to 29 years in prison. While he was in jail, his wife remarried and several of his children were adopted.

so not only is he put in prison for 10 years fr a crime he didnt commit, his wife leaves him and his children are adopted ....

I really shouldn't be finding this amusing...

• 3 weeks later...