Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them?

Released a five track EP called Bridges a while back mate, recording their first album now.

Free EP download

That link should sort you out if you fancy getting any more of their stuff man.

Cheeeeeers, I liked them on fb to see what they were up to and shiz and a mate saw it and spoke to me today and she went to school with lead singer. Small world and that.

dinosaur pile-up - strange really, i'd have thought i'd know at least 1 person who'd heard of them.

I know them! saw them at the Bodega Social in Nottingham last October as well

by the way Trav you heard of James Vincent McMorrow? think he might be up your street so to say, check him out if you haven't

by the way Trav you heard of James Vincent McMorrow? think he might be up your street so to say, check him out if you haven't

Have written down to look up :thumbup:

Am listening for first time right now - sounding good so far, but he's got a tendancy to go a little James Blunt, which is never a good thing.

Back in '06 or '07, the student paper gave away a CD of local music.

I just found it and have been giving it a listen, and while its got some filler on it, its generally excellent. While I remembered the standout tracks on it being the demo of Death to Los Campesinos! and Sellotape My Hands by Little My, there's a fair few other good ones that I'd forgotten about ( The Loves, Spencer McGarry Season, Gethin Pearson & The Scenery). There was one track especially I'd never known the name of but loved. It was Halflight - Orange Lights, and a bit of googling shows up that they're now called Paper Aeroplanes, and they have an album & and EP now.

And both are chuffing fantastic.

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/107491849

Heartbeat's been around for quite a while now James! In fact, you may hate the thought of it but Chase & Status have done a belting remix of it.

Yeah I saw Chase & Status remixed it. Haven't bothered listening to it yet though. Really like Victim of Truth and No Longer At Ease - it's a nice sound she's got. And yeah I have no doubt those albums have been around for ages, I still have my moments but I'm not quite as in touch as I used to be!

Heartbeat's been around for quite a while now James! In fact, you may hate the thought of it but Chase & Status have done a belting remix of it.

I know I recognised the name! Only know of her through the remix, and you're right, it is belting.

• 1 month later...

That Tell It To The Marines band I posted a couple of months or so back have changed their name to just Marines, and have realeased a few songs that'll be on their debut album when it's realeased this year.

Marines - Little teaser come video.

For those on FaceBook - Marines Facebook - Go on the BandPage and listen to the new track, Emily Bigswell. These deserve to be big, bought their EP a while back and it's all I've been listening to for the best part of two months. Hope they explode, talented guys.

Anyone into Francesqa / Reuben and the like needs to give these a try.

That Tell It To The Marines band I posted a couple of months or so back have changed their name to just Marines, and have realeased a few songs that'll be on their debut album when it's realeased this year.

Marines - Little teaser come video.

For those on FaceBook - Marines Facebook - Go on the BandPage and listen to the new track, Emily Bigswell. These deserve to be big, bought their EP a while back and it's all I've been listening to for the best part of two months. Hope they explode, talented guys.

Anyone into Francesqa / Reuben and the like needs to give these a try.

Back when I was in a band a few years ago they supported us at a gig when they'd just formed, they were so young and without being mean, they weren't very good.

My best friend's band Hearts under fire were on a tour with them a few months ago though and I thought they were great, they've really come on, nice guys too.

Archived