Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them?

Ghinzu, a Belgium alternative rock group with a Radiohead-esque touch.

Just gotten into them, the 2004 album Blow is outstanding.

You might like these then, they are a Spanish alternative/post rock band, they do sing in Spanish, but you may like them:

I would genuinely like to know what people think about this song, not having a clue what they are singing about.

• 4 months later...

Plej

Nightmares On Wax

Royksopp

The Field

Lemon Jelly

Calibre

BT

Aeroplane

Bondax

Stromae

Cloud

Gui Boratto

Heard of those ones. And Lemon Jelly's "Nice Weather For Ducks" is fun. :D

okay here are a few which have pretty big followings so some of you should have heard of them

Everon

Red Jasper

Shadowland

Amon Ra

Cast

Angra

Gryphon

Vanden Plas

Galadriel

Par Lindh

Flower Kings

Jester's Crown

Eloy

Heard of those ones. And Lemon Jelly's "Nice Weather For Ducks" is fun. :D

The video for that track is fun as well. Looks like it's Karl Marx after taking drugs.

How can anyone not have heard of David Sylvian?

Ex lead singer of Japan who has metamorphosed his music regularly whilst staying true to his own artisitc vein.

Love the guy.

Not a band but an artist, Twin Shadow has just released an album that is top bloody tier. Seems fairly well known by all accounts but no one I've spoken to has the foggiest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eImlAiRfAM&feature=relmfu

Pretty decent I think, reminds me of early Police stuff, even Springsteen.

Anyone here a Royksopp fan? They're set to release a single and an album by the end of this year :fc:

I would of assumed a lot of people would of heard of Royskopp, they've been around for over 10 years now and have 3 or 4 really good albums already.

I would of assumed a lot of people would of heard of Royskopp, they've been around for over 10 years now and have 3 or 4 really good albums already.

Wouldn't have thought they are that famous :L

Don't know about the UK but sizeable following over hear in Australia and when they tour for festivals they headline.

The majority of their fans are from Norway and UK. They toured in Australia not so long ago didn't they? They were as famous as most mainstream artists back in 2001 but they've slightly hidden away from the spotlight in decent years. Hopefully their new album will put them back in their glory days!

half man half biscuit

I'm American, and I've even heard them, but I might be a dork. They're massive Tranmere Rovers fans; almost sadly so. They are a bit of a cult act, though... I must say, "1966 and All That" is one of my favorite songs of all time.

Pissed Jeans

Half-decent group. Some fun songs, but IMO a gimmicky act. As a former employee of the company, I absolutely love their song, "Wachovia."

• 3 years later...

Archived