Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Bands You Like But No-one You Know Has Heard Of Them?

lcfc30STM, have you heard of Young Guns? Right up your street I'd say from what I can gather, check them out if you haven't already. I personally think they're alright, but one of my mates who loves Lostprophets I recommended them to is well into them at the minute.

Yeah seen a few reviews in Kerrang and Rock Sound. Haven't got round to listening to them yet but will do :thumbup:

The American Dollar

Kinda ambient/rock I'd guess is a good way of describing them. Well worth a listen, got 3 of their albums and they were doing a promo where you can get their new album Atlas for free through facebook.

The American Dollar

Kinda ambient/rock I'd guess is a good way of describing them. Well worth a listen, got 3 of their albums and they were doing a promo where you can get their new album Atlas for free through facebook.

If you like The American Dollar you'll probably like Moving Mountains, This Will Destroy You, Explosions in the Sky, etc etc.

Gayngs, a Minneapolis-based supergroup (sometimes as large as 20+ members), clearly influenced by 10cc.

Gayngs+-+Relayted+%282010%29.jpeg

"Relayted", their debut album came out earlier this year.

And then there's Everything Everything from Mancs with their own debut "Man Alive", a really nice modern pop album (with some rock & synthesizer hints):

EE.ALBUM_.COV_.PACK_.01sml.jpeg

If you like The American Dollar you'll probably like Moving Mountains, This Will Destroy You, Explosions in the Sky, etc etc.

Cheers man. Will have a gander :thumbup:

Friend of a friend's band States of Emotion have some very good tracks out, would be nice to see thm break though. They've played at Glasto before but not quite made it yet. One of the videos below has James Buckley (Jay from Inbetweneers) in it, and the other, She Cuts Shapes, is their new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aM4dJPsuKI

Girl in She Cuts Shapes is hot as well.

Tullycraft. I've literally just stumbled across them this morning. Amazing and ridiculous. The only way i can describe them is a funny Los Campesinos but less polished and more lo fi. But brilliant. Alexei should love them. Or hate them. I can't tell.

Tullycraft. I've literally just stumbled across them this morning. Amazing and ridiculous. The only way i can describe them is a funny Los Campesinos but less polished and more lo fi. But brilliant. Alexei should love them. Or hate them. I can't tell.

A bit too lo-fi for my liking. The texts might be funny, the lead singer's got no sense for the art, though. More talking than singing.

I'd rather stick with the Violent Femmes then.

A guy called Ethan Brosh. Just discovered him thanks to Lastfm.

Instrumental guitarist in the mould of Joe Stariani, Steve Vai, Jeff Loomis etc.

Very good and definitely worth checking out if you like any of the othr musicians i mentioned.

A guy called Ethan Brosh. Just discovered him thanks to Lastfm.

Instrumental guitarist in the mould of Joe Stariani, Steve Vai, Jeff Loomis etc.

Very good and definitely worth checking out if you like any of the othr musicians i mentioned.

fantastic shout

Archived