Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Milan

Ta . I'll have to vote you as best user name now

I thank you. I'll be on for an award at this rate (having made virtually no contribution to the forum).

The OS cannot even spell our glorious law abiding chairman's name correctly. Manadaric? Sounds familiar. Perhaps it's someone else entirely and we're getting all excited about nothing

All sounds to me that it's the agent involved that's the one who should be worried. I'd be amazed if Mandaric was released on bail so soon if he was as much involved in this as the agent and player. The money laundering part could be related to a number of things, if it's seperate, then I can't see how he could be released so soon.

We need to get behind Mandaric on Saturday, think he could be in for some dogs abuse from the Southampton fans.

OK,

Here's why there's nothing to worry about.

1. This is nothing to do with City, even if Milan was prone to dodgy deals there hasn't been any whilst he's been at city as it's all been after the big press blow up about dodgy deals, so everyone knows they are being watched. Therefore any FA punishment can't affect City.

2. The most likely punishment, if indeed foul play is found, will be a fine. Which would have to be relative to the crime, £100k max I'd say. No biggy for Milan.

3. The biggest problem could be this money Laudering thing, but I doubt Milan would have any actually proven link to it, I doubt he's been walking into the Walkers (or fratton park) with bags full of drug money. If the worst of the worst happens and he does get locked up (which is highly unlikely) he'll simply shift his ownership of City to someone he trusts and runs it through them. On Paper he won't have anything to do with the club but in reality nothing will change.

The last thing to remember is people think arrest = guilt, it doesn't, not by a long shot. Bascially it means they have to go and answer any questions the police have.

OK,

1. This is nothing to do with City, even if Milan was prone to dodgy deals there hasn't been any whilst he's been at city as it's all been after the big press blow up about dodgy deals, so everyone knows they are being watched. Therefore any FA punishment can't affect City.

2. The most likely punishment, if indeed foul play is found, will be a fine. Which would have to be relative to the crime, £100k max I'd say. No biggy for Milan.

3. The biggest problem could be this money Laudering thing, but I doubt Milan would have any actually proven link to it, I doubt he's been walking into the Walkers (or fratton park) with bags full of drug money. If the worst of the worst happens and he does get locked up (which is highly unlikely) he'll simply shift his ownership of City to someone he trusts and runs it through them. On Paper he won't have anything to do with the club but in reality nothing will change.

The last thing to remember is people think arrest = guilt, it doesn't, not by a long shot. Bascially it means they have to go and answer any questions the police have.

That's an optimistic way of looking at it.

A more realistic way is to say that our chairman was arrested in connection with a serious allegation and that we don't know what the consequences will be. I'm concerned and I think every Leicester fan should be. Innocent until proven guilty of course but there are plenty of chairmen who aren't being arrested in connection with money laundering investigations. As Milan himself has said numerous times, this club needs stability. The sooner this is settled the better but you can't really put a timeframe on police investigations.

Somewhat bizarrely I think people have actually just read this with a sigh and thought "same old Leicester, never dull off the pitch".

It's an incredible football club to try and support.

OK,

Money Laundering, 100k fine lol

If he gets found guilty of Money Laundering he will go down, it's a fairly serious offense.

I doubt very much so if MM has anything to do with any saga, more likely to be the Footy agents AGAIN!

Remember his Due Diligence that took ages to complete here, I doubt if after many years in business he would scupper his whole business practices for a few quid.

The money laundering issue - it'll come out in the wash....

I'm sure a good lawyer will make this go away.

I cannot believe there is enough evidence to make anything stick, if there is anything even to stick. There is hardly going to be masses of paper trails, should any incident have occured. I would have thought that much like our government and the cash for questions investigation, the police will investigate and the CPS will not have enough evidence to press charges.

Also remember one thing....This is football,where everything and anything is blown out of proportion,FFS,its front page news when beckham breaks one of his false nails,or has a eye-lash out of place

This happens all the time in the real world,i mean,it was only last week i got arrested for fraud myself,when i claimed in public that kaebi was a good footballer (after looking at the evidence,and vid's of him,my brief reckons i will be lucky to get away with anything less than 6 years)

All sounds to me that it's the agent involved that's the one who should be worried.

Yep, Willie McKay. Seems to be a bit of a theme here:

-Pascal Chimbonda arrested in October in relation to dealings involving McKay

-The final Quest report says that the transfers of Emre, Boumsong and Faye to Newcastle all "remain uncleared"; there were doubts about them (June 15) - the agent for all these deals? McKay.

-And the enquiry didn't clear the transfers of Benjani to Portsmouth (McKay acting for Auxerre) or Aliou Cisse (for Portsmouth).

Apparently, no irregular payments were found, but his name seems to keep cropping up...

the fact that 5 or 6 are involved suggests the plod will be looking at some sort of conspiracy type charge - that might be easier to make stick. They probably need to make an example of someone since everyone knows that a lot of what goes on surrounding agents' payments is corrupt

Also remember one thing....This is football,where everything and anything is blown out of proportion,FFS,its front page news when beckham breaks one of his false nails,or has a eye-lash out of place

This happens all the time in the real world,i mean,it was only last week i got arrested for fraud myself,when i claimed in public that kaebi was a good footballer (after looking at the evidence,and vid's of him,my brief reckons i will be lucky to get away with anything less than 6 years)

Or 40 lashes! :whistle:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willie_McKay

McKay was one of the agents investigated by the Quest team, led by Lord Stevens, which looked into allegations of "bungs" and fraud in transfers. The Daily Express claimed in December 2006 that the £8.5m transfer of Jean-Alain Boumsong from Rangers F.C. to Newcastle United was one of the deals being examined by Quest. However Quest said of Graeme Souness, who was manager of Newcastle at the time of the Boumsong transfer, "We wish to make it clear that inconsistencies did not exist within the evidence given by Graeme Souness to Quest concerning his role in transfers covered by the Inquiry during his time as manager of Newcastle United FC and neither the Premier League nor do Quest have any concerns in this regard"[1]. In the final report of the Stevens inquiry he was criticised for his failure to co-operate with the inquiry. However, Quest later issued the following statement: "Further to the key findings from the final Quest report published on 15 June 2007 by the Premier League, Quest would like to emphasise that, in that report, it was clear that no evidence of irregular payments was found in the transfers in the inquiry period which involved the agent Willie McKay. Quest would also like to thank Mr McKay for his cooperation with the inquiry. He has now been arrested after the controversy due to a transfer of Amdy Faye moving from Portsmouth to Newcastle"[2]

McKay has upset many fans and in May 2006, he upset the fans of Wigan Athletic when dealing with the transfer of defender Pascal Chimbonda. When at the training ground with Chimbonda, fans welcomed him with a placard saying "McKay you thief!"

Archived