Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Milan

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2927512,00.html

SKY SPORTS

Portsmouth have confirmed that Harry Redknapp and Peter Storrie have been arrested by police investigating corruption in football.

Reports had claimed that Redknapp and Storrie were among five people to have been arrested in raids on Wednesday.

According to the Evening Standard's This Is London website, Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric, Rangers midfielder Amdy Faye and football agent Willie McKay were also arrested.

The City of London Police's economic unit headed the raid which is part of the same ongoing investigation which saw Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda arrested in September.

Police confirmed earlier on Wednesday that five men - aged 69, 60, 55, 48 and 30 - had been arrested following raids.

Arrests

A spokeswoman for the Police said: "Five men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud and false accounting as part of an ongoing investigation into football corruption.

"Three searches are currently under way. Five additional searches at a variety of locations across the country have been concluded."

The Police's investigation is separate to that of the Quest inquiry which was launched last year by the Football Association with Lord Stevens at the helm

What is it for ?

In theory the club now could be seen as being obtained using ill-gotten gains. I wonder where that leaves us should the alleged allegations (he he he - wonderful English) be found to be true.

Potentially worse than Administration? A transfer embargo? Points deduction? meh, pessism is the order of the day.

I think that Mandaric is too shrewd of a business man to get his hands dirty, he would have too much to lose?

What premiership clubs would they be?

it was never shared which clubs but at the time of his signing they said this

Leicester have fought off competition from Premiership sides to sign Iran international Hoessein Kaebi from Persepolis on a two-year contract.
"Of course, the Premier League scouts were there watching so, for the past couple of days, it has been a question of getting him quietly into the country and bringing him up from Heathrow airport without anybody else hijacking the deal. It is a relief that we have got him."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05072007/58/...nian-kaebi.html

it was on loads of websites but that was the one at the top of my google search and i couldnt be bothered to copy them all :thumbup:

it was never shared which clubs but at the time of his signing they said this

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/05072007/58/...nian-kaebi.html

it was on loads of websites but that was the one at the top of my google search and i couldnt be bothered to copy them all :thumbup:

From Andy15 on TB quoting Iransportpress:

"Leicester City's unsettled Iranian midfielder, who has barely played a game in his new team, has shown his interest in joining Perspolis. Afshin Ghotbi, is in negotiations with Hossein Kaebi's sporting agent to pave the way for the Iranian wonderkind to join Perspolis in mid-season.

In assistance to Ghotbi's request, Habib Kashani too is in search to find a sponsor for Perspolis, to be able to pay off Kaebi's Leicester City contract cancellation fee.

In the next few days, Hossein Kaebi's agent will head to England to formalize the negotiations."

Strange that none of these premiership clubs are fighting for his services now.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2927512,00.html

SKY SPORTS

Portsmouth have confirmed that Harry Redknapp and Peter Storrie have been arrested by police investigating corruption in football.

Reports had claimed that Redknapp and Storrie were among five people to have been arrested in raids on Wednesday.

According to the Evening Standard's This Is London website, Leicester City chairman Milan Mandaric, Rangers midfielder Amdy Faye and football agent Willie McKay were also arrested.

The City of London Police's economic unit headed the raid which is part of the same ongoing investigation which saw Tottenham defender Pascal Chimbonda arrested in September.

Police confirmed earlier on Wednesday that five men - aged 69, 60, 55, 48 and 30 - had been arrested following raids.

Arrests

A spokeswoman for the Police said: "Five men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud and false accounting as part of an ongoing investigation into football corruption.

"Three searches are currently under way. Five additional searches at a variety of locations across the country have been concluded."

The Police's investigation is separate to that of the Quest inquiry which was launched last year by the Football Association with Lord Stevens at the helm

What is it for ?

Read red

As one door opens...............oh crap!

It's speculation at this point but Mandaric is 69

Nobody has said we would be punished. Or if they have they're wrong.

Mandaric would be punished.

Read the topic.

People are saying us having points deducted, tranfer embargos etc etc

That is punishment to us. :frusty:

I do this stuff for a living and am here to tell you that, following a conviction for most Money Laundering offences, the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 gives courts the power to confiscate any assets which the subject cannot prove are legitimate.

Trust me, if he is found to be crooked he'll be left standing in his Filbert Fox boxer shorts.

It's probably something and nothing tho'....................

From TB.

Archived