Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Filbert Street - The Legendary Home of Leicester City Football Club

They are fantastic, got any more?

Probably. I'll have a rummage around. I vaguely remember taking a picture inside the goal net thinking I was going to get kicked out by the groundsman but he left me alone. Passed Paul Cooper (keeper) in a corridor. He left me alone too...even nodded hello :)

Just found this on the Fox website. Some things never change

bloomfield-out.jpg

What was the capacity of the double decker? There really needs to be more detail on the wikipedia page, does not do it justice.

Great pics on this thread by the way.

I've got a feeling it was about 8,500 by the end. The upper tier was slightly higher in capacity post-Taylor Report as well.

The Carling Stand held just under 10k with the Filbert Street End and East Stand holding the rest.

It would be good to get this verified properly though by the club historian or some other club geek.

I've got a feeling it was about 8,500 by the end. The upper tier was slightly higher in capacity post-Taylor Report as well.

The Carling Stand held just under 10k with the Filbert Street End and East Stand holding the rest.

It would be good to get this verified properly though by the club historian or some other club geek.

:thumbup:

Yeh I'm sure there are plenty of nerds on here who'd know :P I googled it but found nothing

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell time hasn't been kind to Ian Marshall. He looks about 60 in that pic.

He looks a "Nigerian" 46 doesn't he?

Ashamed to say I don't recognise the ginge between him and Walshy as well....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

My best memory was when we stuffed Cambridge 5-0 in a play off semi final after drawing at their ground in the first leg. A young Dion Dublin was quite a menace back then and they really did know all about long ball. John Beck picked a good side full of thugs...

Anyway... standing in the kop jumping around hugging grown men i had never met ( as per usual for a city win) each time a goal went in watching us absolutly destroy one of the most awkward teams i had ever seen was ace. We even gave Cambridge a clap as they went round the pitch - we were feeling THAT sporting at having won!!! That game had everything... cambridge tried to gang rape us in the first few minutes but we some how got through it. It also had the best save i had ever personally seen by a GK.. totally bizarre save by their kepper yet fantastic....

Best city Memory STANDING in the Spion Kop!!!

those were the days and if anyone ever is able to find a video of the highlights ( featured on central sports special) then i would be most grateful!!!! :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PrC-fBS2gE My first match at Filbert Street brilliant. :welcome: