Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Filbert Street - The Legendary Home of Leicester City Football Club

Remember the last league game there against Spurs, mate bought some disposable cameras, just had a look, I'd just got back from China the night before was totally zoned out but great to look at those pics again, especially on the pitch and taking photos on the regular landmarks we passed to the ground, the turnstile pub, the newsagent etc

I loved Filbert Street.

It always amazed me when i was younger how big it looked when youd come down the Upperton Road and youd have the monstrous Carling Stand and the traditional floodlight pylons extending above the roof on it and the Double Decker.

The atmosphere in the kop was always something else with the proximity to the away fans. I remember the Hoggies thread that was on here no so long back, they disappeared from the Double Decker Lower. From the upper tier as a kid, you could hardly see the goal line. As soon as the ball went over the half way line, everyone stood up and youd be peering through the gaps to get a view.

It was so primitive, and so amazing all in one. Great memories from that ground.

Showed my Dad that gallery earlier, especially the pictures with the cooling towers in, his eyes lit up.

All I can remember from Filbert Street was family night football matches, and going to the club shop which felt so cramped despite hardly any people in there. 

If we have a spell of success at this place, we'll be able to build a whole new attachment to Filbert Way.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Filbert Street but we need to focus on making our current ground just as intimidating a place to come.

The thought of us qualifying for Europe one day with 30,000 under the floodlights and a few hundred mad ultras in the corner setting off pyro is a delicious one.

• 2 months later...

Remember the old family night football as a kid. Some wonderful memories. You dont fully appreciate the place until your older and realise what a fantastic ground it was. Would love to experience the matchday atmosphere of Filbert Street one last time

fnf didn't we get 14000 v man utd

• 1 month later...

Being honest Filbo was shite when the kop was seated.

Pen 2 standing dodging coins and batteries was the best time.

That quite a statement to say the Kop was shite when it was seated at filbert street, I have great memories from them days in the early 90s, the atmosphere was great you were close to the pitch, sitting almost facing the away fans. The KP is Dull compared to Filbert St IMO

• Like 1

Why on earth would Forest get a new ground? Their current one is big enough and it's actually a very decent ground too IMO. It's unique.

Its sad that we relate to these grounds as unique nowadays. Very true though. At least if standing ever did make a return it would be a start.

That quite a statement to say the Kop was shite when it was seated at filbert street, I have great memories from them days in the early 90s, the atmosphere was great you were close to the pitch, sitting almost facing the away fans. The KP is Dull compared to Filbert St IMO

SK1 was great during the O'Neill years. Absolutely mental at times.