Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Filbert Street - The Legendary Home of Leicester City Football Club

My best memory was when we stuffed Cambridge 5-0 in a play off semi final after drawing at their ground in the first leg. A young Dion Dublin was quite a menace back then and they really did know all about long ball. John Beck picked a good side full of thugs...

Anyway... standing in the kop jumping around hugging grown men i had never met ( as per usual for a city win) each time a goal went in watching us absolutly destroy one of the most awkward teams i had ever seen was ace. We even gave Cambridge a clap as they went round the pitch - we were feeling THAT sporting at having won!!! That game had everything... cambridge tried to gang rape us in the first few minutes but we some how got through it. It also had the best save i had ever personally seen by a GK.. totally bizarre save by their kepper yet fantastic....

Best city Memory STANDING in the Spion Kop!!!

those were the days and if anyone ever is able to find a video of the highlights ( featured on central sports special) then i would be most grateful!!!! :thumbup:

One of the best matches, and driving back the atmpsphere was awesome

Filbert street was amazaing and watching A.Madrid even though we lost is one of many highlights for me especially as I found a tenner on the floor before the game and yes compared to today standards the kop was a bit of a shit hole but for all of us that ST's there it was ours and we loved it! So many memories that I'll never forget ☺

Edited by fox766

I still miss Filbert Street so much. I like our new home, but as I grew up there, my memories are there, I just still find it difficult to accept it has gone.

I remember the first time I went, and was hooked instantly. Then from the ages of 7 to around 35 I saw so many great players and games that just to have this knocked down is still painful.

For the first few years after being bulldozed I struggles to walk past it. Then I just decided to park differently so I didn't have to see it.

If it happened today I would have genuinly tried to buy it and just preserve it somehow. I still can't accept that a place that holds so many memories has gone .

• 6 months later...

Just been looking through that. Made me again realise how many wonderful hours spent there, and how much I miss it. Those pictures of it being demolished bring tears to my eyes.

• Like 2

I miss it and I never even experienced it.

trust me you'd miss it more if you had.

I loved it and bar the away part of the east stand I had experienced it all, main stand, seats and standing, carling stand,family stand, supporters club, east stand, dd and sk 3, 2 as standing and sk1 when the seats went in, carnage.

it was a shit hole in a way but **** it was our shit hole.

memories that really will last and I wish my kids could witness it too.

I am also one of them that just can't let go of this place, really was the soul of our great football club and to this day its a shame things had to change. I feel genuinely sorry for the lads that never had the chance to experience it.

Special place, with so many memories.. KP has a lot to live up to, but will never have the same feel.. All these modern stadiums lack soul I'm afraid..

I had an ST at Filbert Street from the mid-nineties until it went, and I loved every minute. I really wish everyone could have experienced it, those European nights were like nothing we've ever seen (or come close to) at the new ground. 

With my none-sentimental head on though, we had to change to allow the club to move forward (albeit doing so nearly crippled us completely). Now though we're selling out 30,000 tickets every game, where as it would have been 19-20,000?

I still miss the place though, loved the old East Stand with the cow shed roofs. Block next to the away fans and the atmosphere used to be electric (most of the time).

how I miss that ground! lol

The KP is an impressive ground and even though looking back at the pics it was starting to look run down I still prefer the old style football grounds.

Growing up in the MON era going down Filbo St meant there was a lot of happy memories there, best memory for me down there is being Mascot v Newcastle when Shearer kicked Lennon in the head