Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Running and stuff

Are you drinking enough water? Seriously.

Could be the problem, I basically just hop out of bed, stick some clothes on and go for a jog at the minute.

Not a big fan of water, much prefer pure Orange/Apple juice...I'm guessing you wouldn't advise drinking that though? <_<

If it's at the same point each time then maybe its slightly pyscological? Try running somewhere different where you have no idea how far you've gone and then plough on.

Doubt it. I've done the route before and never had the problem, although the fact I have to cross the busy road at the point where I'm in most pain doesn't help, gives me an excuse to stop! :giggle:

The fact that it gets so bad you have to stop suggests you should probably get it checked out. I doubt it's anything serious but a doctor will have a much better idea of the cause.

Lisa could be right about water though.

The wierd thing is though it doesn't hurt now, it goes away about 20 minutes after I stop, probably less if I didn't have to walk home from where I stop running. (it still hurts when I walk home...I tried to run it off but gave up after a minute, the pain got worse!)

Probably wouldn't help with the pain but I'd suggest eating breakfast, or at least somehting if you're going to go running.

How far did you run before you tried to do 3m? I forgot :P

Usually do between 1.25-2 miles, not much really, but I'm not an endurance man, clearly.

I've done the 3 miles before though, easily, know Idea why I've recently not been able to.

My coach gave me a tip on this once and it actually worked for me.

What you do is exaggerate your breathing and really blow when you exhale but you breathe to the rhythm of your pace. You breathe out at the same time as your foot lands on the affected side i.e if your cramp is on the right, breathe (blow) out as your right foot hits the ground.

Seriously it works, I used to train over 100 miles a week, was very fit and didn't get cramp very often. When I did, I tried the above and it worked.

Thats quality. Cheers. I'll try it Tomorrow :thumbup:

Could be the problem, I basically just hop out of bed, stick some clothes on and go for a jog at the minute.

Any fluid is better than none. :thumbup:

THis is fast turning into the Foxestalk half marathon...

DO IT LISA

starsky.jpg

Do it.

Gosh!!

Not a big fan of water, much prefer pure Orange/Apple juice...I'm guessing you wouldn't advise drinking that though? <_<

Doubt it. I've done the route before and never had the problem, although the fact I have to cross the busy road at the point where I'm in most pain doesn't help, gives me an excuse to stop! :giggle:

The wierd thing is though it doesn't hurt now, it goes away about 20 minutes after I stop, probably less if I didn't have to walk home from where I stop running. (it still hurts when I walk home...I tried to run it off but gave up after a minute, the pain got worse!)

Usually do between 1.25-2 miles, not much really, but I'm not an endurance man, clearly.

I've done the 3 miles before though, easily, know Idea why I've recently not been able to.

Thats quality. Cheers. I'll try it Tomorrow :thumbup:

Water and Bannanas will assit in cramping.

I've started running again havn't for ages and went for a 30min jog were i pushed myself for 3 days in a row now can not move :angry:

Just mainly my groins and lower back plus my right ankle but it is only sore cos i been a lazy fooker for too long. But i am actually enjoyed my 3 runs as it was just me on my own with out some c>>t of a tommy g type flying passed you or telling you to speed up slow down or an old lady passing me making me de motivated.

How far is it?

I really want to do something like this but I'm no-where near fit enough !

13 miles.

Believe me,if a fat old twat like me can do it,with abit of training and stuff...anyone can! :thumbup:

When is it? I'm up for it.

Im afraid we missed the last one as it was in October!! :giggle:

BUT it gives us all 11 long months to get ready for it!!!

Hate to say it but the Nottm(robin Hood) half marathon is a very good one!!!! :thumbup:

13 miles.

Believe me,if a fat old twat like me can do it,with abit of training and stuff...anyone can! :thumbup:

Fookin 'ell. Didn't think it was that far :|

I like running, but I've never even done five miles outside. Do they not do a quarter marathon??

Since I started working in London my running's gone down the drain. After three hours commuting a day I just can't be arsed. However, I'm moving to London on Saturday, it'll only be 50 minutes overall commuting a day and I'm a five minute walk from Hyde Park. BRING ON THE RUNNING!

I like running, but I've never even done five miles outside. Do they not do a quarter marathon??

They have fun runs and things for 5 -6 miles.

Goto runnersworld.co.uk and check it out.

Believe me if you build up slowly and progressively you can do 13 miles.

Even alexipopopopopopopos did it!!! :D

Since I started working in London my running's gone down the drain. After three hours commuting a day I just can't be arsed. However, I'm moving to London on Saturday, it'll only be 50 minutes overall commuting a day and I'm a five minute walk from Hyde Park. BRING ON THE RUNNING!

You're moving to London? Why haven't you mentioned it before? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:giggle: It's a half marathon.

I would kinda like to something like this but I just don't like running/jogging aimlessly

Is it going to be flat? I want to do another half marathon, but preferably a flat one.

There's the Equinox 14 in March, I've done it the last 4 years. It's fairly gentle, only a couple of hills & they're not too offensive, although the last 400 yards is uphill. It's from Elkington Lodge to Peatling Magna. It's 14 miles, hence the name. The extra mile isn't much fun.

There's the Equinox 14 in March, I've done it the last 4 years. It's fairly gentle, only a couple of hills & they're not too offensive, although the last 400 yards is uphill. It's from Elkington Lodge to Peatling Magna. It's 14 miles, hence the name. The extra mile isn't much fun.

Interesting, I shall see how it goes!!

The Shires pub in Peatling Parva does fantastic food, the carvery is really nice as well. Highly recommended

• 2 weeks later...

Been told I need to start jogging as part of my physio, not happy in the slightest.

My physio says I need to start off with a 20-30 minute jog, so all those who run in here, what sort of distance should I be aiming to cover in that time?

Bearing in mind, I am not in shape at all.

:unsure:

Been told I need to start jogging as part of my physio, not happy in the slightest.

My physio says I need to start off with a 20-30 minute jog, so all those who run in here, what sort of distance should I be aiming to cover in that time?

You should be jogging to Glasgow in 30 minutes, just ask Tevez.

Maybe 2-3 miles to start. Once you're into it a bit more you should cover greater distances in that time

Archived